GDT: Running Preseason GDT | Game 7 | PIT @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Of course this is preseason and things aren't ramped up yet but I do like some of the on ice things I'm seeing already. Some guys look a lot better on the ice physically and the guys are working hard, looks like we may have a forecheck this year. I know the overall standings probably won't be great this year but I still think it can and will be an overall positive season in many regards for the future

AnonCommentary

Jun 4, 2024
Anyone have a report on how Jiricek looked?
I thought good actually but imo I can still see his skating is going to cause some issues for him. He’s using his reach though. Had a play tonight behind the net where broke it up well. Not the first time he’s done it this preseason either which is good to see. Still taking some risky pinches but I haven’t seen any awful rushes the other way when he’s doing it. Had a nicely timed pinch in the 2nd where he got the puck and turned it into a 2 on 1 for us. Gotten a few shots to the net from the point. He and Matey had a nice passing play to Kuraly who just shot an absolute muffin. The nice thing about Mateychuk being with him is I think they have a lot of familiarity together so they were able to really build off one another. The stats Jeff Svoboda posted earlier are reflective of that. It’s not the final product of Jiricek but it was a good thing to see. Hopefully it serves as a starting block for him to improve consistently.

Reactions: tunnelvision

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Know this is only preseason, but what I like so far is that the guys are skating with a purpose rather than just skating around as in recent years.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad