Speculation: Rumours, Speculation, and all Armchair-GM-ing needs! v.11

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 21, 2014
Friedman says lehtonen available for cheap. Since it's extra salary and extra years would anyone do either of these deals:

Lehtonen, 12th pick for Hiller, 15th pick

OR

Lehtonen, 2nd round (49th, detroit's) for Hiller

?

I don't like it because of Lehtonen's contract length.

Monny Monahan

Dec 29, 2013
Calgary
ps3gmchfb.chatango.com
Friedman says lehtonen available for cheap. Since it's extra salary and extra years would anyone do either of these deals:

Lehtonen, 12th pick for Hiller, 15th pick

OR

Lehtonen, 2nd round (49th, detroit's) for Hiller

?

First off Lehtonen had an awful season last season. Would you take on a contract with a $5.9million cap hit for 3 years with him probably playing backup to Ramo (if he resigns). Also its only 3 spots now i know the talent may be better at 12th overall but not enough to justify taking in more cap yet downgrading at goalie.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Lehtonen is my favorite current player in the league so I'm probably a tad biased, but yes, yes, yes.

I don't think it's much exaggeration to say that last season was the first truly bad season of his career that wasn't affected by injuries, he's been on so many awful teams. If he's really available at a discounted rate, I would love for us to buy low and give him a fresh start.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think the Flames would be better off, in the long run, if they stayed the course and continued with the rebuild. That being said, why not have a three way!

Flames:
Richards(25% retained)
13th overall
21st overall

Kings:
Wideman
Backlund
Gorges

Sabres:
Voynov
Reinhart
45th overall

LA sheds problems/unwanted cap and get a pretty good return. I think Gorges excels in LA's system. Flames pick up two more 1st, hopefully Meier, Svechnikov and Kylington. Sabres drop Gorges, retain 25% of Richards, before moving him to the Flames(for cap reasons) and could potentially hit the jackpot on Voynov, if he gets off(not looking good). Worst case they eat the cap for a year, he gets out of the pen and bolts to the KHL(cap free). Not to mention the brother love aspect, as an added bonus.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I think the Flames would be better off, in the long run, if they stayed the course and continued with the rebuild. That being said, why not have a three way!

Flames:
Richards(25% retained)
13th overall
21st overall

Kings:
Wideman
Backlund
Gorges

Sabres:
Voynov
Reinhart
45th overall

LA sheds problems/unwanted cap and get a pretty good return. I think Gorges excels in LA's system. Flames pick up two more 1st, hopefully Meier, Svechnikov and Kylington. Sabres drop Gorges, retain 25% of Richards, before moving him to the Flames(for cap reasons) and could potentially hit the jackpot on Voynov, if he gets off(not looking good). Worst case they eat the cap for a year, he gets out of the pen and bolts to the KHL(cap free). Not to mention the brother love aspect, as an added bonus.

Wideman, Backlund, Reinhart, and the 45th overall won't get us the 13th and 21st, even with us taking Richards.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

Flames:
Richards(25% retained)
13th overall
21st overall

Kings:
Wideman
Backlund
Gorges

Sabres:
Voynov
Reinhart
45th overall

Horrible deal for the Sabres, who give up a decent 1st round pick for a faded prospect worth little. And an absolute long shot.

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Hey Flames fans, great season this year.

Would Flames be interested in the following deal

17th OA + Burmistrov

15th OA

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

17th OA + Burmistrov

15th OA
Keep Burmi, you can keep your highly overrated defector that has accomplished very little in the NHL

fmrdh

Mar 5, 2013
Keep Burmi, you can keep your highly overrated defector that has accomplished very little in the NHL

Thanks for the kind response.

Personally I don't like him and would move him to move up a few spots from 17 or 25 or as a sweetener in a player for player deal.

I like Konecny, Boeser and Svechnikov in that order.

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA

Personally I don't like him and would move him to move up a few spots from 17 or 25 or as a sweetener in a player for player deal.

I guarantee one of those guys are available at your pick.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012

no problem the guy is garbage. any team that pays for him is stupid.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I would easily do that deal, as long as we could speak to Burmi beforehand and work out a contract.

Dropping two spots for a talented winger like him, who will only get better, is a huge steal. This guy still has top 6 potential, and he's 6'1, 180 lbs. Can play either wing. This could be a great addition, considering we need a top 6 winger who can create some more offense.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I would easily do that deal, as long as we could speak to Burmi beforehand and work out a contract.

Dropping two spots for a talented winger like him, who will only get better, is a huge steal. This guy still has top 6 potential, and he's 6'1, 180 lbs. Can play either wing. This could be a great addition, considering we need a top 6 winger who can create some more offense.
I don't touch him. He was drafted 5 years ago as a top 10 pick and has a career high of 28 points. He also ran back to Russia when he decided he didn't want to play for the Jets anymore, now he is only coming back because the value of the ruble is crashing.

This is the last guy we want to inject into this team.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

I don't think he will ever be a top 6 player at the NHL level. He could barely hack it as a top-6 winger in the KHL.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't think he will ever be a top 6 player at the NHL level. He could barely hack it as a top-6 winger in the KHL.

He just turned 23. He's still young. I also felt the Jets misused him. From what I saw of his play, I thought he was really creative with the puck, and created a lot of scoring chances. Putting him alongside Backlund could work well. He's not without his risks, there is questions about his attitude/character, but there is also a lot of potential in him as well. Dropping two spots would be worth the risk, IMO. He's had time to develop in the KHL, I think he could be, at the very least, a 30-40 point guy. I still think he has 50-60 point potential.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
I don't touch him. He was drafted 5 years ago as a top 10 pick and has a career high of 28 points. He also ran back to Russia when he decided he didn't want to play for the Jets anymore, now he is only coming back because the value of the ruble is crashing.

This is the last guy we want to inject into this team.

The bolded is irrelevant. He still has potential, his draft position doesn't mean a thing at this point.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
The bolded is irrelevant. He still has potential, his draft position doesn't mean a thing at this point.
he's a bust with a ****** attitude. I hope he rots in Siberia for the rest of his career.

His draft position does matter because it's the only reason people still think he has potential.

Lifeline

Jan 31, 2013
Winnipeg

17th OA + Burmistrov

15th OA

Ignoring the fact that he may or may not be a piece of **** personality wise, we are moving two spots and get a player who is NHL capable. I feel that if that was an actual offer we should take it only because the reward far outweighs the risk. If he ***** the bed then we keep him in the minors and we only moved down 2 spots, if he has matured and can hold his head above the water in the NHL then we keep him and we've gained an asset for moving two spots in the draft.

I also support the deal because I put a lot of faith in out scouting program and that we can pick a similar player up in that position that we would be able to pick up in the 15th slot. That all being said, I really feel we will move up 2-4 spots in the draft after hearing what Conroy talked about. I'm not too fussed about it either way. I like our recent draft history and believe we know what we are looking for with that pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad