Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He's pretty cooked and can't really keep up. He can retire in Calgary, I think kids are the better option for 3RD like Kemp.

The only reason any team would want to sign Gio is if they want him to take out someone's knee. The caveat is that theres also the chance he will also take out his own on the same play

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I wo

I don't trust anything coming out of Toronto. They didn't think Hyman was worth 5M

I've said it a couple of times. Laurence Gilman and the Leafs parted ways a month before his contract is up. There is a Jackson connection.
Ya Gilman will be Jackson's yes man.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Just looking at your work, we are really tight on cap space even with guys taking discounts. I hoping we can LTIR Nurse and Kane. Give them the recovery they need with whatever they're dealing with. That would be huge for the Oilers
Don't think you can LTIR Nurse for not having a brain. Kane would be nice. I mention this a few weeks ago. I am sure if the Oilers pull a Vegas the NHL would change the rules right away and take picks away from us. Screw us on the Calgary pick and screw us on the Keith recapture which would of gave us an extra 3 million.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Hard to tell with Debrusk. He might end up becoming the next Hyman if he joins the Oilers.

The guy I really want the Oilers to trade for is Buchnevich tho(deadline move). He checks a lot of boxes for the Oilers. Buch and a re-signed Henrique, Perry, Brown and Janmark would solidify out fowards.
That would be a perfect summer for the top 6 but I worry the defence wouldn't improve. I disagree on Perry tho. He isn't real worth bring back.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Put Foegele with Coyle and Debrusk with Draisaitl and I don't think their production would be the same
You don't want to sign a player based on what he might do with one of our centre. If it doesn't work out ( chemistry ) We are stuck with another bad contract. Holland done a decent enough job while he been here but the Nurse contract and Campbell real hurt us.

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
PLD is a bum, empty points. He has talent but no desire, like the Alexei Kovalev of this generation who I would have never given a long term contract like that to. We got a firsthand look at him in the 1st round, a complete ghost who had no interest in engaging in any physical contact. The only thing making his contract not as bad as the Nurse contract is the fact that he's younger, otherwise it's almost as bad.
You can't even compare the Kuemper contract to that monstrosity. $3.25m less over the next 3 years and $8.5m less the next 5. The Kings robbed the Caps blind. If PLD figures it out and becomes a force on the Caps top line then I'll look stupid but that's not the player he's been especially the last few years.

Goodrow is overpaid by a lot more than a million. I like Goodrow but he's a 31 year old who had 8 points last season and a good playoffs granted but still...
I also like Brown quite a bit but I'm not paying him anything more than $1.5m or so over 3 years. Just because you have cap space that doesn't mean you should be adding bad contracts just for the sake of adding them, that's bad business and makes you look like a sucker leaguewide.
agree to disagree.

I do agree PLD's heart and character have done plenty to be questioned. I did not think that deal was movable after that season. I also believe he is a much better player than he showed in LA. Odds are he continues to underperform on that deal and gets bought out at some point, but he does have talent and size, and if he can ever find a way to put it all together and not disappear, he could be a force, but that's a huge "IF".

As for Goodrow, he will have a much bigger role in SJ, and obviously the organization likes him and believe he will be a good influence on some of the young SJ players, and with no cap concerns at all, it's pretty low risk, imo.

But, I do agree, both Washington and SJ made moves here that are perplexing.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
I wonder if Arthur Kaliyev could be a buy low candidate from LA? He seems to have fallen out of favor, but is still young. Perhaps a bit one dimensional, however.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if Arthur Kaliyev could be a buy low candidate from LA? He seems to have fallen out of favor, but is still young. Perhaps a bit one dimensional, however.
I don't mind him, I do wonder if he has more to bring though. The interesting name, imo, is Grunstrom, there's rumours LA won't qualify him.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Looks like another suck is orchestrating his way off his draft team. Disappointing for Winnipeg if true.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I'm alright with bringing in a couple of these types of buy low guys if the price is right. It's a long 82 game season and we're gonna need a couple guys to throw up 10-15 goals here or there to fill in the lulls.

But it's hard to see LA trading a guy to us.

I also wonder why more people aren't talking about Columbus. If I'm an opposing GM there are a number of guys there that I'm calling about. Especially Toronto. Elvis Merzlikins could be a goalie for them. And he's probably as close to free as you're going to get. Getting Boqvist in that deal would certainly fill that puckmoving D/PPQB role they were sorely missing in the Bruins series.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Incredible stuff Calgary, keep it up, top notch, no notes

Looks like another suck is orchestrating his way off his draft team. Disappointing for Winnipeg if true.

This is very interesting, I'll call about him if I'm the Oilers

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Incredible stuff Calgary, keep it up, top notch, no notes

This is very interesting, I'll call about him if I'm the Oilers

No way the Oilers could get in on him. Looks like he wants a golden ticket to an immediate NHL job which isn't Edmonton (as it seems might not be Winnipeg) and it's going to cost a high quality return. GM Chevy is solid on the trade front so hopefully can, if necessary, make a good deal for the Peggers.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
No way the Oilers could get in on him. Looks like he wants a golden ticket to an immediate NHL job which isn't Edmonton (as it seems might not be Winnipeg) and it's going to cost a high quality return. GM Chevy is solid on the trade front so hopefully can, if necessary, make a good deal for the Peggers.
Ah so they'll trade him to LA and get Blake again, I gotcha

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad