Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I know Broberg has played well in these playoffs but let's not gift him a top 4 spot just yet.

As for Laine there's just some serious red flags with that man.
Broberg is a LOCK for top-4 minutes, frankly I would play him and Bouchard together, and get a younger puck mover type to play with Ekholm on the other pair.

Laine has had some tough moments, it's fine, I don't need Laine to be a hero, just score some goals and play the wing. He's can hide behind a bunch of guys here, where he hasn't had that ability before.

If you get Laine for Nurse+, the Oilers are ahead, NO question.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I’m pretty certain Nurse would accept a trade to the right market. I bet this guy is sick of the pressure and he’s making bank. He’d probably like to get his family somewhere with less attention and just rack up the dough for a few more years, maybe he’d like a chance to prove us all wrong too.

Gotta talk to the geezer GMs who might be dumb enough, or maybe Dubas.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Nurse's NMC means nothing at this point. I'm sure he will want out after this playoffs.

He has a bigger ego than people think, he thinks he's part of the "core" in the same way McDavid and Draisaitl are. It would be hard to talk him into going to a non-playoff team like Columbus assuming Columbus even would want him.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Treliving loves big players and seems to think size is the answer. Maybe there is a way to get Nurse back home.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Treliving loves big players and seems to think size is the answer. Maybe there is a way to get Nurse back home.
This is the one place you don't want to send Nurse. He and McDavid are tight. Don't give Connor any friends on that team to consider if things arent going well here when his contract is up.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
This is the one place you don't want to send Nurse. He and McDavid are tight. Don't give Connor any friends on that team to consider if things arent going well here when his contract is up.

Feel like Nurse could help make TO unpalatable though. Keep them from ever looking like a place McDavid could go to win.

I think goal #1 in Edmonton is do everything we can to create an actual contender. A team that can actually have good seasons, win the division for the first time in forever and go on runs with home ice advantage. Not some team that needs a coach bump every year to not look like they crawled out of the gutter and hopes all their obvious weak links don't get exposed for 4 rounds. Freeing up nurses cap space is looking like a must to ever build a complete team now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Sending nurse there eats up a ton of cap, makes it harder for McDavid so sign there

• Haha
Reactions: frag2

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Assuming we don't pull off a miracle, we need a GM creative enough to put us in the same position next year that Florida was this year. Experienced in the finals, but deeper, and pissed.
Last year the Panthers had Gudas, Staal and Josh Mahura as 3/6 - now Mikkola Kulikov and OEL

Not huge changes, but what a difference that makes. We need to do the same

If Connor wants to go to Toronto, we aren't stopping him.

I think he would have to be insane to go there though. New York, LA, Boston, Florida, Dallas, Colorado, Vegas, San Jose, Seattle - why not go to any of those markets? It would only be if he really wanted to win one with the Leafs, but it doesn't strike me that that is some goal of his.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Sending nurse there eats up a ton of cap, makes it harder for McDavid so sign there
think-kantine2.gif

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
Nurse ain’t going no where. That’s like the Flames trading Huberdeau. Unless you want to retain 4 million for 6 years.

The only team that could realistically take Nurse's cap IMO is Utah. They have no signed D [albeit 3 are RFA] and ~44M in cap space for the coming season.

But that would also depend on Nurse waiving. Who knows...maybe with his ego bruised after the playoffs and media thrashing, maybe he'll want a fresh start

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
The only team that could realistically take Nurse's cap IMO is Utah. They have no signed D [albeit 3 are RFA] and ~44M in cap space for the coming season.

But that would also depend on Nurse waiving. Who knows...maybe with his ego bruised after the playoffs and media thrashing, maybe he'll want a fresh start
Not sure Utah wants to start things off with the most overpaid Dman in the league.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
He has a bigger ego than people think, he thinks he's part of the "core" in the same way McDavid and Draisaitl are. It would be hard to talk him into going to a non-playoff team like Columbus assuming Columbus even would want him.
Is it ego if its true? Nurse has been a real core member since he got here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad