Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
We have a lot of trash on this team. Everyone who is bad is moveable or burieable though, except nurse. We can at least retool well enough. It would be a massive miracle to move Nurse, so we hvae no choice but to hold on to him.

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Ok. Who’s gotta GTFO after the playoffs?

Campbell, Ceci and Nurse can get the f*** out. That’s what, 18 mil?

Skinner, McLeod, Kane, I don’t hate but they can’t play the roles we have them slotted in and that’s 10 mil right there.

Let Foegele walk

That’s a boatload of space. Get a #1 goalie.. or at least someone that’s better than Skinner. Get a couple of dmen with a brain. Build a 3rd line that can score, and finally find a top 6 winger. It’s a lot, but with like 30 mil to work with it’s maybe possible.
We basically have 10 million in dead cap between Campbell being unviable for a NHL roster, Brown and Perry poison pill contract bonuses, and Neal buyout. There's much less room to operate than you'd think. Holland not only f***ed up this deadline by only getting 2 centers on the team with thte most center depth in the NHL, he also sabotaged the cap for whoever replaces him.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Ok. Who’s gotta GTFO after the playoffs?

Campbell, Ceci and Nurse can get the f*** out. That’s what, 18 mil?

Skinner, McLeod, Kane, I don’t hate but they can’t play the roles we have them slotted in and that’s 10 mil right there.

Let Foegele walk

That’s a boatload of space. Get a #1 goalie.. or at least someone that’s better than Skinner. Get a couple of dmen with a brain. Build a 3rd line that can score, and finally find a top 6 winger. It’s a lot, but with like 30 mil to work with it’s maybe possible.
Of the guys signed beyond a year or who are not UFAs, Nurse and Ceci. That's a great deal of veteran minutes to take out but at this point, I'm sorry but there's no coming back for either of those two. I don't care if they're liked or best buddies with the 'leadership' group. Nurse is going to be f***ing hard to get rid of because our asshole GM gifted him a wholly undeserved and eye watering contract for what he does, and does not, contribute.

Foegele can walk, yup. I don't think Lavoie is any more inconsistent, but he is slower than Foegele so there's that. I'd also look hard at getting rid of Mcleod but we are already pretty average to below average in foot speed minus a couple of burners so they need to find a way to bring in a more reliable, speedy version of Mcleod who isn't afraid of his own shadow.

I absolutely ripped on Brown all season, but he has come around a little bit. If you can get him back at a cheap rate, do it. He has speed and can PK so I'd keep him around. I would also walk away from Kane at this point. He is on the downslope and the wrong side of the age equation, with the style of game he is built around. Walk away from him now if he is willing to go somewhere warm and without the scrutiny. Let him go to a bright lights big city where his ego will be fulfilled. He has some sort of modified NTC or outright NMC if I recall correctly.

Finding a suitable goalie is going to be a really tough ask I think. They have Campbell still buried (thanks Holland, you incompetent asshole) and I dunno who takes Skinner on. I suspect we're stuck with him but he should not be a starter. Good in a pinch I guess but I'm frankly sad Pickard will probably be left to walk when he's been fine in the backup role, frankly, and should have seen more ice than he has in these finals.

Good post, always appreciate the knowledgeable Oilers fans and the needs this team has being seen so clearly and lucidly. Whoever they have coming in, please let him be progressive and smart and someone who has some track record of building up an organization in the minors, junior, etc. (but please not f***ing Hunter).

Last edited:

aspin3

Oct 31, 2017
And Ceci. Maybe Desharnais too. Nurse should be gone but his contract makes it impossible. Skinner should be gone too IMO.
Why would Skinner be gone? One if the best under 25 year old goalies cost controlled. Are ypu one if the guys that said to trade him for Jake Allen?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Lost in all this, there is absolutely no way the team should give Desharnais a 2.5-3mill contract. Great character guy but he is a 6/7 d. If they give him anything over 1.5mill that’s just insane. 2 could be okay but still. If you are scratching a guy in the playoffs and they aren’t injured it’s probably a sign they shouldn’t be in your future or if they are, a reduced role.

Broberg imho has stolen his job at the very least.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Buying out Campbell is the only solution. Getting worse and more cap hit is extremely pointless. Sometimes you just have to eat your mistakes.
You think it is the only solution. For some odd reason you seem to think Cap Space grows on trees.

Oilers already have 5.5 million in dead cap space next year. That's a pretty good chunk of change.

Last edited:

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
You think it is the only solution. For some odd reason you seem to think Cap Space grows on trees.

Oilers already have 5.5 million in dead cap space next year. That's a pretty good chunk of change.
You buy out Jack Campbell because he's not an NHL player and he doesn't need to be around anymore.

It's very straight forward. I don't know what you're pretending Josh Anderson is, but he's not that now, so he's likely to continue not being that thing you want to imagine

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017

Okay? And trading a $5mill not NHL player or a $5mill not NHL playeee who put up 4th liner points with top 6 minutes is? Keeping Campbell or trading for Anderson is having another $5-5.5 in dead cap. Why not make it less?

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I hope Draisaitl wants to re-sign, but if not, something around him for a Swayman or Shersterkin has to be the play.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
You buy out Jack Campbell because he's not an NHL player and he doesn't need to be around anymore.

It's very straight forward. I don't know what you're pretending Josh Anderson is, but he's not that now, so he's likely to continue not being that thing you want to imagine
Um, I never mentioned Josh Anderson.

You confused yourself into thinking I was another poster. ;)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I think it is crucial to get quality playing time for our young guys next year in Broberg, Holloway and maybe even Lavoie.

Janmark, Brown and Henrique would be great to have back if they keep the cost low.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I just hope our next GM is creative and can try and clear some cap space.

I think it’s going to be a boring offseason though. Campbell bought out. Same team more or less with some sub 1m signings because we have no space.

Only way it gets interesting is if Draisaitl won’t resign. I expect he will sign for something like 14m though,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad