Rumor: Rumours & Proposals Thread | Previous Poll Punted, Pristine Prospect Procurement Poll Pinned

Which of the recent prospect additions intrigues you the most?

• Noah Philp coming out of retirement

• Connor Ungar - Brock University (USPORTS)

• James Stefan - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)

• Marc Lajoie - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

Results are only viewable after voting.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
I don’t think Nurse-Bouchard make a very good pairing. After Ekholm is done, I could see Broberg - Bouchard as a pairing.
From my memory Nurse and Barrie worked pretty well as a pairing, Bouchard should be able to make that work again as well. I always feel Nurse is at his best when he’s not the guy who’s being relied on to get the puck out of the defensive zone himself, I think that’s a big part of why it’s worked with him and Broberg so far.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
From my memory Nurse and Barrie worked pretty well as a pairing, Bouchard should be able to make that work again as well. I always feel Nurse is at his best when he’s not the guy who’s being relied on to get the puck out of the defensive zone himself, I think that’s a big part of why it’s worked with him and Broberg so far.
Nurse and Broberg aren't really working. Broberg is just holding up the Nurse stink.

Nurse really needs to take the summer and do some soul searching and re-discover his game and identity.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Because his strength is at center. Dubois is ranked 50th in the NHL over the last three seasons in even strength production for centers. And that's including this past season where he played very little in a primary offensive role.

His contract is bad. The player isn't.
I think contract and ability aren't the only variables with him, though.

It's also questionable attitude and effort which is something you don't want inside a room, especially for a team that is heading into a rebuild soon.

He'll be a poor example to the next generation of Capitals if he doesn't reinvent himself.

Reactions: GhostfaceWu

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Because his strength is at center. Dubois is ranked 50th in the NHL over the last three seasons in even strength production for centers. And that's including this past season where he played very little in a primary offensive role.

His contract is bad. The player isn't.
Then this is the case where the stats absolutely lie, and it should be looked into as to why.

Reactions: nabob

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Might as well play Kemp if we can't afford any UFA dman.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Kulak
Broberg-Kemp

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
I think they should just try and sign Barrie for a puck mover /w Nurse. Oilers will still have the capacity of winning a cup next year so it'll be an attractive destination for players w/o a cup. Sign him and move Ceci.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Barrie
Broberg - Kulak

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I think they should just try and sign Barrie for a puck mover /w Nurse. Oilers will still have the capacity of winning a cup next year so it'll be an attractive destination for players w/o a cup. Sign him and move Ceci.

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Barrie
Broberg - Kulak
We need to save Ceci for any future game 7's.

• Haha
Reactions: Canovin

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wonder if the Oilers have any interest in bringing back Hall for Campbell+
I hate to say it but Hall is so injury prone. I don’t see a fit unless it’s nostalgic purposes.
Apparently Friedman said the UFA defensemen are getting offered "the Orlov deal".

We could see some stupid money thrown out on short term deals.
Sneak-peek of NHL GMs every summer:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Because he’s overpaid for 3 years and they probably could have got him + at least a pick if they waited until he cleared.

or they could have signed him for cheaper after a he’s bought out.
He has a full NTC but the buy out would work not that he would choose to go to the Sharks.

Are you trying to say Hronek was a bad as Skinner last playoffs?
I am saying you are giving a break to a young player and Stu was in the same boat last year and all you did was shit on him.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Were does he fit in?
The team desperately needs 2nd line wingers, question will be if Hall is still capable of being a 2nd line winger after yet another injury. He was one of Boston's best forwards in their chokejob against Florida but he was hurt almost the entire season this year.

Was a knee injury as well so I don't think he'll be back at a high level.

Last edited:

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Its less about puck movers with Nurse than deployment. Nurse was largely deployed in a more offensive set when he was with Barrie, now he is largely playing a defensive role due to Bouchard. You want Nurse to look like he did with Barrie, move him with Bouchard and take those tougher minutes away.

You play Barrie and Nurse and keep the deployment the same, you are adding .5 goals against per game. You cannot have 2 players with many defensive lapses playing against tough competition in their own zone all night.

Nurse does not need to be babysat. He needs to be played into his strengths and, but more importantly, away from his weaknesses. Instead they are doing exactly the opposite.

Reactions: McDoused and belair

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Its less about puck movers with Nurse than deployment. Nurse was largely deployed in a more offensive set when he was with Barrie, now he is largely playing a defensive role due to Bouchard. You want Nurse to look like he did with Barrie, move him with Bouchard and take those tougher minutes away.

You play Barrie and Nurse and keep the deployment the same, you are adding .5 goals against per game. You cannot have 2 players with many defensive lapses playing against tough competition in their own zone all night.

Nurse does not need to be babysat. He needs to be played into his strengths and, but more importantly, away from his weaknesses. Instead they are doing exactly the opposite.
Nurse needs to find a new team to fit on. He's given a lot to this team, but it's time.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
I can see Demelo getting 5M .....

And while he is a good player, he was on no ones radar until he got paired with Morrisey and got somewhat more sheltered minutes. At 31, someone is likely to give him a contract they will regret.
Idk people here wanted him years ago. Is he a better linemate and mentor for Broberg than Nurse?

He’s one of those guys I’d try to sign if they decide to move Nurse.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I hate to say it but Hall is so injury prone. I don’t see a fit unless it’s nostalgic purposes

Hall is way less injury prone than Arvidsson and we’re rumoured to be in deep on him. If Hall is available for below market value you’d be drunk not to be interested in him imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad