Rumor: Rumours and Proposals Thread: Hyman?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
I actually don't think the Nuge AAV would be that bad (compared to the $6M+ numbers we were hearing) but on a 4-5 year deal not 8. Honestly though, at this point, nothing beyond 4-5 years matters anyway because that's the window to win so if they could keep the AAV down a bit to max the term, f*** it. It's an awful deal but whatever, hopefully Hyman brings what he brought in Toronto for the next 3-4 years.
I’m with you. I’ve accepted the fact the Hyman deal will be bad and that it’ll happen BUT if we can keep the AAV down so we can add other pieces I don’t care. The window is 5 years, it won’t matter after that, we’ll be in a full rebuild likely.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
But you’re using last off-season to criticize Holland for moves that Boston made today. How is that relevant and none of the above is…
I used last off-season and the Holland pitch as evidence that it was a realistic opportunity for Holland to either succeed at or fail at. You know this, yet you characterize it as something entirely different to paint my argument as irrational. That is actually pretty close to gaslighting come to think of it. Here's the last word on this, you are literally debating me on and on because you feel how I personally judge Holland's move and non-moves is not how you would do it. You will judge Holland differently than me, that's fine by me, is it fine by you? If so, we can agree to disagree and see what else shakes loose this off-season.

Reactions: Klimando Kostani

LionTiger1

Dec 31, 2018
It's all rotten.
Why can't we have competent management that says no to such bad deals?
Hyman for 7 years is yuck
Sign Barrie and then trade Bear, it already sounds yuck because the return on Bear is going to be underwhelming
There is no confidence in this organization making the correct decision
Western Canadian GMs all suck, they just make bad moves and say oh look our rivals screwed up even worse so it's all a wash.
Number 1 BS

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
They are every where. Boys get them in the lobster traps. Every lobster fisherman made a shit load of money up this way . They were catching 2-3000 pad a day
BigViciousKingsnake-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Oilers in NS

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Lol people already desperately trying to convince themselves a Hyman deal won't backfire year 3 into a 7 year contract. Can we stop employing dinosaurs who come to this organization and effectively f*** up the cap structure in their firs 3 years with the team. Can't imagine why someone with half a brain could come into the situation with Lucic/Neal and think it is smart to hand out another crippling long term contract.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ok. If a UFA has no intention of signing here I do not fault the GM for that. If you choose to do so then I don’t have to agree with you.

the only fault may be that Holland didn’t trade a pending UFA instead of risking losing him for nothing if he chooses to sign elsewhere. But I think we can agree that trading Larsson at the deadline last year would have been an awful move.
You don't have to, no one has asked you to. It's not the first time and won't be a the last time this forum sees disagreement, especially on the subject of GM performance. Yes, trading Larsson while we were poised for a run wouldn't have made sense. I don't agree that he's without fault or blame for the loss of Larsson, you are in your right to excuse the losing of our 4RHD and the inability to re-sign him though.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Bruins Lucic was long gone when he signed here and Lucic also had a lot more tread on his tires than Hyman who is still relatively new to the league compared to Lucic at the time.

Lucic could barely handle the puck his first year. I remember thinking that "Oh it's only his first month in Edmonton".. and he could just tap the puck in and wasn't really physical. Hyman has way more to offer

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
I used last off-season and the Holland pitch as evidence that it was a realistic opportunity for Holland to either succeed at or fail at. You know this, yet you characterize it as something entirely different to paint my argument as irrational. That is actually pretty close to gaslighting come to think of it. Here's the last word on this, you are literally debating me on and on because you feel how I personally judge Holland's move and non-moves is not how you would do it. You will judge Holland differently than me, that's fine by me, is it fine by you? If so, we can agree to disagree and see what else shakes loose this off-season.
Sure we can agree to disagree that Hall was a realistic option for Holland to sign last off-season and this off-season as he never made it to free agency. That’s cool. You seem to be the only poster here who is insisting that Hall not signing here as a free agent (even though he never reached UFA this year) is a massive failure on Holland’s behalf. I just have a hard time wrapping my head around thoughts that aren’t logical to me. Sorry for dragging this out so long.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Not thrilled about Hyman. Super not thrilled about the numbers being floated around, albeit by media types who have had their asses handed to them while prognosticating the Oilers lately.

But I'm gonna wait until the thing happens before I get all shitty about it.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Watch Holland do something miraculous like sign Hyman to 8 years, 4M average, only to have the sign-and-trade with Toronto be one where we give up Lavoie or Samorukov. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad