Rumour, Trade & Free Agent Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Some guy claiming to be a jets fan had some far out theories like how we missed Myers. Definitely not at that cap hit.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Juts piggy backing on a comment on the ED thread created. We should be in a good position to not only keep all of our impact players and prospects but to also potentially shed some cap moving Little's cap or his LTIR money depending on how things shake out.

But can we potentially take advantage of the situation by getting ourselves a Top 6 C/Top 4 RHD or potential top 6 C/Top 4 RHD. A bunch of team will be put into interesting situations like Buffalo, Carolina, Chicago, Colorado, Nashville, NYI, NYR, Philly, Pittsburgh, San Jose, St. Louis, Tampa, Vancouver and Washington. Where they may be forced to give up assets to keep players or lose them for nothing. But maybe there is a team we can offer up some futures to in order to get their player under our protection while also giving up some assets to help move Little out.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Speculation is just that...but.

Bitetto had a bit of a Cryptic Instagram story post today.

Workout bench with the "eyes" emoji.... The interpretation I'm gathering is maybe Jets players are being called to return quite soon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200428-135155_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200428-135155_Instagram.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 12

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Workout bench with the "eyes" emoji.... The interpretation I'm gathering is maybe Jets players are being called to return quite soon.
Or he’s a follower of the Dustin Byfuglien offseason regimen and that weight bench is wondering where he is

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Good news if true. Morrissey is already in the city and has been for most of the quarantine. Not sure who else if anyone is already here.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Player's Tribune has a Scheifele piece up on his NHL Awards.

Makes me wonder what people would give up to trade for Eichel to get him on the Jets.

IF Buffalo were to rebuild, they'd probably want futures and a C centrepiece, which we don't have. So might need a third team.

Thoughts?

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

Makes me wonder what people would give up to trade for Eichel to get him on the Jets.

IF Buffalo were to rebuild, they'd probably want futures and a C centrepiece, which we don't have. So might need a third team.

Thoughts?

like you said, future C as a center-piece likely

id be willing to give up KC+D.Gustafsson+2020 1st (projected to be 12-16?). Buffalo says no i bet.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

IF Buffalo were to rebuild, they'd probably want futures and a Centerpiece, which we don't have. So might need a third team.

Thoughts?

They will not do better than Eichel as the center piece for the next rebuild so there is no sense in starting the process over again with a lesser player than Eichel. Jack is only 23 and is the line in the sand for the organization. They have him under contract for 6 more years which is plenty of time so its now or never for the Sabers.

Last edited:
Reactions: DRW204 and surixon

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
]

They will not do better than Eichel as the center piece for the next rebuild so there is no sense in starting the process over again with a lesser player than Eichel. Jack is only 23 and is the line in the sand for the organization. They have him under contract for 6 more years which is plenty of time so its now or never for the Sabers.

I agree. They have two cornerstone pieces in Eichel and Dahlin that they can build around. I wonder if they go for that Russian goalie in the top 10 to get that franchise goalie piece to add to their young core.

The one player we might be able to pry out is Rheinheart if they dont want to pay him big dollars with 8 other forwards, and a couple of dmen to ink.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree. They have two cornerstone pieces in Eichel and Dahlin that they can build around. I wonder if they go for that Russian goalie in the top 10 to get that franchise goalie piece to add to their young core.

The one player we might be able to pry out is Rheinheart if they dont want to pay him big dollars with 8 other forwards, and a couple of dmen to ink.

That goalie could really help them "IF" he hits.

With Eichel and Dahlin that gives them a nice 1-2 punch as far as franchise center and franchise D man which are both critical components. I guess allot of it will comes down to what do their peaks look like and what pieces have the got around them. It hasn't helped when they kind of whiffed on Nylander and Mittelstadt "so far" in the top #10. It would go a long way for them if Cozens works out as a really good #2 Center. Reinhardt has been solid but not great for a #2 especially when you consider they have to look at how Draisaitl is killing it from that same draft.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That goalie could really help them "IF" he hits.

With Eichel and Dahlin that gives them a nice 1-2 punch as far as franchise center and franchise D man which are both critical components. I guess allot of it will comes down to what do their peaks look like and what pieces have the got around them. It hasn't helped when they kind of whiffed on Nylander and Mittelstadt "so far" in the top #10. It would go a long way for them if Cozens works out as a really good #2 Center. Reinhardt has been solid but not great for a #2 especially when you consider they have to look at how Draisaitl is killing it from that same draft.

Factor in sortive whiffing on Risto as well given the dmen taken after him and that is why they are in the predicament that they are in.

I am unsure if Reinhart is a good center or not but his smarts and playmaking might be a good fit for us at 2C if he can play in that slot.

Reactions: ps241

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Thoughts?

Mark S ++ is what it would cost......no point of doing that.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Factor in sortive whiffing on Risto as well given the dmen taken after him and that is why they are in the predicament that they are in.

I am unsure if Reinhart is a good center or not but his smarts and playmaking might be a good fit for us at 2C if he can play in that slot.

The issue with Reinhart is he isn't a great C, if you read the Sabers board on him he plays a lot on Eichel wing picking up lots of easy points and plays 3.5 mins per game on the PP1........ They are afraid he goes to get paid for the easy Eichel points he's picking up and isn't worth it. Whether a person agrees with them or not.......is up to others just saying what Sabres post on their board from what I've read often there

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would sooner have Eichel.........but he's certainly not worth giving up Mark ++..........either way it would never happen. Pure fantasy

Eichel has that vibe that the moment he arrived here he would be counting the days till he got out. Scheifele has his flaws but he is an elite #1 offensive centre and I am comfortable with him as the player we can win with if we get the rest of our formula right.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Eichel has that vibe that the moment he arrived here he would be counting the days till he got out. Scheifele has his flaws but he is an elite #1 offensive centre and I am comfortable with him as the player we can win with if we get the rest of our formula right.

Yes I'm absolutely comfortable with Mark also......

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The issue with Reinhart is he isn't a great C, if you read the Sabers board on him he plays a lot on Eichel wing picking up lots of easy points and plays 3.5 mins per game on the PP1........ They are afraid he goes to get paid for the easy Eichel points he's picking up and isn't worth it. Whether a person agrees with them or not.......is up to others just saying what Sabres post on their board from what I've read often there

Gotcha. I didn't realize they thought he was a passenger, good to know.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Rhino has played wing almost exclusively the last two seasons.

Besides, we wouldn't want to give up what they would want and they need him much more than we do.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
The Jets need an upgrade at 2nd line C not another top line C.

Well medium term, they probably need both. I don't want to think about how much Scheifele is going to ask for after this bargain basement contract.

I wonder if there's a team (maybe Buffalo) that will look to be at the Cap Minimum for a few years to try to recover their Covid losses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad