Speculation: Rumour, Trade, and Free Agent Speculation 2018-19 - Part X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Chevys ninja move of the year, lindholm and getzlaf[/QUOTE]

and where is he going to drive this in the winter :laugh:

CCxDpr4WYAALI5L.jpg

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder which teams are even in on Stone at this point, itt's been pretty quiet since Wednesday/Thursday when he was making his decision on the "creative" contract offer.

Just my gut feeling, but since it didn't happen yesterday, I think it happens Monday.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
It's funny how your perspective on the Stone signing "quickly changes" after dominating a team like Vegas, who we couldn't beat last year.

Do we need Stone at a "resign cost" of $ 9.5 -10 mil per year, and huge upfront bonus money, and lockout money guarantees.

I don't think so -- sign Hayes --see my last post as to why. Save a lot of money and future headaches. Be smart Chevy.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
I think at this point i'd rather offer the 1st-Stanley-Petan and ad another mid rnd pick for Hayes and Zuccarello. Maybe dangle Roslovic at the Canes for Pesce or to another team with a similar valued D.

Laine Cheff Wheeler
Connor little Ehlers
Perrault Hayes Zuccarello
Copp Lowry Tanev

Apples/Lemieux

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Elliotte Friedman: Have been hearing that things are heating up with Ryan Dzingel today. Teams believe that the Ottawa Senators are getting closer to making a decision.

Darren Dreger: The Senators should be able to get a quality return for Dzingel. Could be ranging from multiple draft picks to a top prospect.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I think at this point i'd rather offer the 1st-Stanley-Petan and ad another mid rnd pick for Hayes and Zuccarello. Maybe dangle Roslovic at the Canes for Pesce or to another team with a similar valued D.

Laine Cheff Wheeler
Connor little Ehlers
Perrault Hayes Zuccarello
Copp Lowry Tanev

Apples/Lemieux
If we could get Pesce for Roslovic that would be a great deal. I'd rather see Apples in the game to give them one more pk player.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
CBJ is really going for it eh? Going to be some dark years there when Bob, Panarin and Duchene walk this summer.

Columbus may be going for it -- but when they have to play Tampa in the 1st round, they will lose, so their really rolling the dice here.

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Yeah they'd want one of Ehlers/Connor I'd bet.
Its a pipe dream for sure, but it wouldn't hurt to ask :laugh: they are apparently hot and heavy over Kapenen/Johnsson. I think Roslovic holds as much long term value (possibly more if he reaches his celing). Add Comrie and another fwd prospect and maybe they bite?

None

Feb 22, 2012
CBJ is really going for it eh? Going to be some dark years there when Bob, Panarin and Duchene walk this summer.

It feels misguided, they're touting that the fanbase deserves a long playoff run. That fanbase isn't going to remember the sentiment when they're out of the playoffs for the better part of a decade if they're rebuilding because they can't retain their big names.

It's pretty much cup or bust for them at this point.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I foresee Maurice reuniting TLC and hoping for their dominance in the PO's

Haven't like Roslovic at C historically frankly I think not enough people are talking about his very underwhelming season

If the price is a 2nd or cheaper I'd get Hayes so we can roll 3 scoring lines with Scheifele/Hayes/Little down the middle and the TLC as the primary shut down line

I think Hayes costs a 1st + a decent prospect. I think that C does us more good than Stone for a lot lower cost. Say 1st + Stanley.

The delicious thought of Stone signed long term has been messing with our objectivity. Last night showed that we really don't need any winger. We just need to optimize the ones we have. With a C depth like this, we end up with Roslovic, Lemieux & Petan in the PB.
Scheifele
Hayes
Little
Lowry
Copp can stay at LW with Lowry instead of having to play C because no one else can. :thumbu:

The scenario for retaining Hayes is similar to the one for retaining Stone except for at least 1 mil less cap hit. With the attrition we are expecting, there will be room - if he fits in and we want to keep him.

Laine - Scheifele - Wheeler
Connor - Hayes - Ehlers
Vesalainen - Little - Appleton
Copp - Lowry - Tanev

Morrissey - Buff
Kulikov - Niku
Chiarot - Poolman

We still have Roslovic, Lemieux, Petan and the return for Trouba and Perreault. We have no depth at D at all. That would have to be addressed. Maybe a low cost UFA or two. Or a low level trade. We could probably get both Zach Redmond and Paul Postma for free and pay league minimum. :laugh:

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills

Columbus may be going for it -- but when they have to play Tampa in the 1st round, they will lose, so their really rolling the dice here.

Yeah that's what I mean. Giving up a tonne of assets to try and beat out Tampa is a massive gamble. They still have a lot of good players left but they will be a shell of this years team when their 1LW, 1C and starter all walk this summer and giving up futures to try and do it.

Reactions: GNP

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes

When you are in a market that maybe doesn't have any long term patience , I can understand why they are doing it. It's win or bust for them.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
If Chevy pulled what they are doing, especially with the current roster they have, he'd be hung in effigy around here. They are insane.

Yeah it's a massive gamble. They should be trading Panarin and Bob and using those assets to build on their young core of Dubois, Jones, Werenski, Murray, Korpisalo, etc.

They could be a good team in a few years and build a culture around them rather than take on big shot at a cup and fail hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad