Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I don't believe that for a second. When he was in Edmonton he was the highest plus player per 60 on the Team. He was underutilized by Woody. When he went to Detroit they mainly played him on the 4th line. Then in San Jose, the worst team in the league where everyone was horrid, he at least put up offense. He'd thrive here as he did before.

He put up points in San Jose but he absolutely bled goals against. It wasn't just a case of playing on a bad team either, he is horrible defensively.

That kind of play is fine on a team like San Jose (see Karlssons' 2023 season) but I doubt Knoblauch would put up with it. There is a reason why every team he plays for that is serious about competing "underutilizes" him.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
He put up points in San Jose but he absolutely bled goals against. It wasn't a case of playing on a bad team either, he is horrible defensively.

That kind of play is fine on a team like San Jose (see Karlssons' 2023 season) but I doubt Knoblauch would put up with it. There is a reason why every team he plays for that is serious about competing "underutilizes" him.

So disregard his time here then?

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Where would he play? Fourth line, no special teams. He'd be on waivers very quickly.

You already seen where I'd play him. He'd definitely be on my 3rd line.

No he wouldn't be. He'd pump 20 goals here as he was on pace to do in Edmonton with a full season under his belt. He performed in the playoffs as well.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Just listened to Gregor talk about how Kane came into camp out of shape last year.
Seravalli insinuated something other day that Nurse didn’t take training seriously as well.
Now we know they are both on the block. Pretty standard media tactics to start preparing a fanbase for a player exit, start dragging them a week before they're dumped :laugh:

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
I wonder if it was more to do with his attitude, and not physical shape.

That is something I could see

I could see that possibly being the case. Maybe his head wasn’t in the game.

A side note apologies to mods if I helped to derail the thread earlier.

Now we know they are both on the block. Pretty standard media tactics to start preparing a fanbase for a player exit, start dragging them a week before they're dumped :laugh:
It’s funny but you are actually 100% accurate with that thought as well. This is the Oilers way.

Reactions: Oilhawks and Tarus

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You already seen where I'd play him. He'd definitely be on my 3rd line.

No he wouldn't be. He'd pump 20 goals here as he was on pace to do in Edmonton with a full season under his belt. He performed in the playoffs as well.
I think we saw an anomalous stretch of hockey from Kostin where some of those stats were zoomed from a period where he got to play with Edmonton's skill players.

Looking at his game logs, he was frequently under 10 minutes a game. That's fourth line territory. And he doesn't kill penalties.

Kostin was fun while he was here. But at $2m, he's just a guy just taking up a roster spot for the 85% of the time where he's a misfit play prone to taking bad penalties.

Last edited:

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
The whole thing with nurse not taking training seriously is more of him sticking with old school training techniques rather than hockey specific ones. He also welcomed a daughter recently and probably has to fit that in as well.

That being said, Nurse is still a very athletically gifted player. He's just dumb that's all.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
The whole thing with nurse not taking training seriously is more of him sticking with old school training techniques rather than hockey specific ones. He also welcomed a daughter recently and probably has to fit that in as well.

That being said, Nurse is still a very athletically gifted player. He's just dumb that's all.
Like another poster pointed out earlier or in the Nurse thread. Darnell is at his best when he doesn’t think about it. When he has time and space to think his head goes up his ass

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
I think we saw an anomalous stretch of hockey from Kostin where his some of those stats were zoomed from a period where he got to play with Edmonton's skill players.

Looking at his game logs, he was frequently under 10 minutes a game. That's fourth line territory. And he doesn't kill penalties.

Kostin was fun while he was here. But at $2m, he's just a guy just taking up a roster spot for the 85% of the time where he's a misfit play prone to taking bad penalties.

I'd take Kostin any day over McLeod. He hits like a truck. He fights. He's got a great shot. He was incredible here. As I said, Woody underutilized him at 10min per game. Often times he was a massive momentum swinging player. Again, he was very responsible in Edmonton and being the best plus player per 60 on the Team showed it.

He's still on my 3rd line over speedy perimeter Sissy McLeod any day.

Reactions: Messrules11

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Stauffer saying a trade announcement could be coming with Seravalli in the next segment.

**edit** Probably talking PHI at the draft, sorry to get ahead of it.

**post-edit edit** That fat troll just meant some crap 3rd round pick deal. Man go shove another pizza down your craw.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: