Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
He is, but they're really invested in shaking things up.

From the Oilers side. McD and Drai still really want a big physical top 6 presence.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. I haven't really heard that Wilson is a bad teammate, I mean if they made him part of their leadership core that can't be the case.

Still concerning but I guess that's the type of player we're stuck looking at. **edit** Those power forward types who can still pot 20+ are a rare, rare breed nowadays, ironically have to mostly draft those types unless you hit the lottery picking a guy from an obscure program or someone with no fanfare, and hoping he's a late bloomer.

cruisecity

May 24, 2024
Trade involving Nurse for Wilson + buying out Campbell and moving on from Kane would be pretty crazy. Makes our team able to improve dramatically + gives us at least 1-2 years of a great forward in Wilson even if he does fall off.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
A healthy Kane will go a long way. A motivated Kostin will go a long way. The 2-way center Rico will go a long way.

Don't judge until you watch them in action. I'd rather have a slower paced line that's in your face/cycle line than a speedy Sissy half Pejorative Slured perimeter players that are afraid to hit or too stupid to make smart plays. They all can potentially score 20 as well.
Knoblauch likes his bottom six to play good defensively. Kostin is not good at that. He doesn't fit the mold of the team

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
Perhaps a hot take but we should really probably stop having players make management decisions instead of management.
100% in agreement but these aren't regular players in that regard. If they want to re-sign Draisaitl and McDavid, you'll have to accede to their wishes somewhat. Part of the whole thing Draisaitl alluded to, with a vision for where the team is going and what they're looking to construct the lineup with, etc. and whether it matches with what he's looking for.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Interesting stuff, ChaoticOrange. I don't suppose you have any ideas as to where Kane would go and what kind of return the Oilers would look for? Or the type of player they want back? Would really like to see Janmark re-signed as well, if they bring Brown back. I said it before but I doubt Henrique will re-sign back here. 2/3rds of the 3rd line would be pretty decent.
We would move Kane for next to nothing if it was possible. Free cap space.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Trade involving Nurse for Wilson + buying out Campbell and moving on from Kane would be pretty crazy. Makes our team able to improve dramatically + gives us at least 1-2 years of a great forward in Wilson even if he does fall off.
Wilson has had one “good season” his entire career. The rest he is a low end 2nd liner making too much money.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Has anyone heard anything on Nichuskin? He is what this team needs. Skill and toughness. We cannot lose Kane and replace him with someone soft.
He's suspended for 6 months at the very least, and rumors of his attempt to circumvent the suspension by signing in europe might land him in even more trouble.

Should just assume he's gone until we hear otherwise.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
I'm not claiming to be an insider or anything but @Bryanbryoil knows I've had a couple things in the past. We'll see!

youve also been completely wrong about a couple things in thr past, and i really dont know if your track record beats a monkey throwing darts at a list of players.

I'm not keeping track, maybe your record is better than chance. But I wouldnt be surprised if Kane retires here after this. Wouldnt be surprised if he was traded tomorrow either. I bet he was pissed he didnt get into game 6 or 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay