Rumor: Rumors & Trade Proposals Thread | Post Mortem '23-24 Season: Who Should Stay, Who Should Go & Who Should We Bring In?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
youve also been completely wrong about a couple things in thr past, and i really dont know if your track record beats a monkey throwing darts at a list of players.

I'm not keeping track, maybe your record is better than chance. But I wouldnt be surprised if Kane retires here after this. Wouldnt be surprised if he was traded tomorrow either. I bet he was pissed he didnt get into game 6 or 7.
Who cares? He’s not claiming to be Elliotte Friedman. Let him pass on what he heard and let’s blab about it.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Edmonton
I kind of get the sense Kane wasn't happy with his diminishing role, being relegated to bottom 6 duty, and not having a prominent spot on the PP. But I'm also not that keen on Wilson if the rumours hold, because he is a similar type of player except a) less productive and b) slower. Maybe he fights more, which won't help in playoffs. Might help protect the stars a bit better but again, that won't stop guys from running them in the playoffs. Not sure that kind of move helps.

Still interesting and nice to hear from someone who has some sort of ear into front office like that. Big thanks to ChaoticOrange again.

With Kane coming in healthy and Foegele moving on there’s a wide open spot in the top 6 for him. Knob also plays PP2 a lot in the regular season

Reactions: McTonyBrar

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
With Kane coming in healthy and Foegele moving on there’s a wide open spot in the top 6 for him. Knob also plays PP2 a lot in the regular season
I didn't see PP2 getting much ice, with the way PP1 rolls in the regular season. They were like an afterthought man. We'll see how things play out, right now it's all just hearsay (with all due respect to ChaoticOrange and others).

If it's the likes of Wilson I'd rather stay with Kane but then Kane may have worn out his welcome here too, even with his linemates like Draisaitl (still remember the little incident on the bench between those two, even though they brushed it off afterwards).

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
I kind of get the sense Kane wasn't happy with his diminishing role, being relegated to bottom 6 duty, and not having a prominent spot on the PP. But I'm also not that keen on Wilson if the rumours hold, because he is a similar type of player except a) less productive and b) slower. Maybe he fights more, which won't help in playoffs. Might help protect the stars a bit better but again, that won't stop guys from running them in the playoffs. Not sure that kind of move helps.

Still interesting and nice to hear from someone who has some sort of ear into front office like that. Big thanks to ChaoticOrange again.

This was such a confusing season for Kane. His play was clearly diminishing all season. We found out he had a sports hernia from almost the start of the year, and it degrades his play all the way to him not even being able to play in the finals.

I don't get how he could be made at his role when he was injured and declining, unless the team was pressuring him to keep playing and not get surgery, so he would be PO'd at the org, but did what they asked. Either that, or the team was pushing him to get surgery and he didn't want to deal with in-season rehab leading to a different kind of frustration between him and the team. He'd rather just try to play through it than surgery and all the difficult rehab workouts to get back to 100% for playoffs (kinda would get that, considering his last season).

Maybe we will never get answers for why he never got surgery, or at least went on LTIR to recovery as much as he could to be ready for playoffs (with the added benefit we could have added a 5M player at the deadline). If we are shopping him, I would lean to the team being unhappy with him more than the other way around.

Reactions: Shizuka

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
This was such a confusing season for Kane. His play was clearly diminishing all season. We found out he had a sports hernia from almost the start of the year, and it degrades his play all the way to him not even being able to play in the finals.

I don't get how he could be made at his role when he was injured and declining, unless the team was pressuring him to keep playing and not get surgery, so he would be PO'd at the org, but did what they asked. Either that, or the team was pushing him to get surgery and he didn't want to deal with in-season rehab leading to a different kind of frustration between him and the team.

Maybe we will never get answers for why he never got surgery, or at least went on LTIR to recovery as much as he could to be ready for playoffs (with the added benefit we could have added a 5M player at the deadline). If we are shopping him, I would lean to the team being unhappy with him more than the other way around.
Quite possible, and with this info coming out that he allegedly was out of shape coming into training camp from Stauffer and Gregor, well... and the little conflicts with the top guys.. It really was a strange year for him. I have sympathy considering he had his arm sliced way open to bone, like damn man.. but still.

As a guy playing that style of power forward game, and at his price point, he is a declining asset. I don't really like the sense of entitlement that someone deserves a top 6 spot. Earn it, and if you haven't, don't gripe. Work on your game and re-establish yourself. The guy, when he is on, is like a damn unicorn. Fights well, skates well enough, hits, and scores 25+ consistently. But at this point you'd have to consider moving on from him seriously. Pretty disappointed if he expressed his desire to move on but so be it. The Oilers need the cap space due to their mismanagement of it in the first place. FFS.

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Also said that apparently Kane doesn't practice even when he's healthy and he's going to have to start to.
mimosa-heygorgeous.gif

Now it makes sense why he named his kid Iverson lmao

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Knoblauch likes his bottom six to play good defensively. Kostin is not good at that. He doesn't fit the mold of the team
I don't believe that for a second. When he was in Edmonton he was the highest plus player per 60 on the Team. He was underutilized by Woody. When he went to Detroit they mainly played him on the 4th line. Then in San Jose, the worst team in the league where everyone was horrid, he at least put up offense. He'd thrive here as he did before.

Reactions: cruisecity
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay