Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
There is that, but I have high hopes for the big guy. Can we not ask for one higher draft pick to turn quickly??
I think he could play on the 4th line but playing big minutes in the AHL could be ideal. He isn’t good enough yet to say he has nothing to learn down there. And playing actual minutes could be beneficial

Reactions: brentashton

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
The sad thing is that the Oilers had a player in Jack Campbell that has a career sv pct in the playoffs of 92%... and he was 96.1% in the 118 minutes he did play for them over parts of 4 games.... but Woodcroft was stubborn and kept going back to the same well over and over even though it was obvious Skinner wasn't quite in the zone.

You ride a hot goalie in the playoffs and sit a cold one... that's often the difference between a quick exit and a long run to the finals.

My bold prediction is that the Oilers would likely have been sipping champagne if Woody would have been more proactive and used Campbell more.

Sometimes players just don't have it in the regular season but something clicks in the playoffs and vice versa... Skinner took a step back and it looked to me like Campbell could have been taking a step forward.

Woody in my view was outcoached... the goaltending of the Oilers was subpar and yes team D wasn't good enough... but I think a more proactive coach could have utilized their roster better and squeezed a series victory out vs Vegas.
Full agree on the out coached, that's not to say Woodys a bad coach but he got served. Constantly deploying our Ghost of a second line without a change. It was easy to see Eichel owned that line and a change up was needed.

Reactions: Duke74 and Vagabond

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'm worried that McLeod's arbitration makes him more paid than Holland was planning and Bouchard can only be had for 1 year because of it. That would be epically bad cap coordination because of the Brown overage. We need both those rfas to be 2 years or we are in huge trouble for 2024-25

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
That's their first line? Should be good enough for another bottom 10 finish.
I think Yzerman was basically screwed by losing all those lotteries. Yzerman said as much after one of those bad luck lotteries.

The players he did get were good but not the absolute best. But, he had to load up now because the players he has are good enough to keep him out of the basement and they are only maturing and improving. The timing is right to see how great this young core can be without being saddled with poor depth around them

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
ExcellentUnfitBlackcrappie-max-1mb.gif
Man I really hope Connor Brown turns out to be as good as some posters on here think he will be. I just don’t know enough about the player to be making declarative statements, but I have to admit that I’m skeptical.

Reactions: Duke74

North

Jun 25, 2009
Patches for one, JVR for another.

I think the lack of cap and the differences between the US and Canada politically could have something to do with it. Regardless it is a bit disappointing because I want to see Connor and Leon lift the cup as Oilers and end the Canadian Cup drought.

Aren’t both Patches and JVR American?

They both were long shots for Edmonton to sign.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Actually pretty sad with 7 straight top 10 picks in Detroit.
They have the worst luck of any franchise. Honestly feel bad for them, lost every lottery basically. They should have had a couple #1's. There also hasn't been a McDavid/Crosby available for them.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I give Dorion some credit for going for it but it wasnt smart giving up that many assets on an American player with a questionable contract status.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Aren’t both Patches and JVR American?

They both were long shots for Edmonton to sign.
I guess they are. Still sucks that we can't get any Americans to come to town since there are so many more at the NHL level than say 20-25 years ago.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
2 more Americans, right. yeah I'm sure not seeing the Oilers as contenders are the reason... Caps and Bruins are in much better spots to win
So Americans don't want to win the cup now? Is it not at least a little concerning that now both Russians and Americans don't want to play in Edmonton?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad