Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think any improvement you make to your roster has a trickle down effect to the other areas of it. And the bottom six is the part that is by far the easiest and cheapest area to tweak between now and training camp. It requires no additional roster movement.

People are still reacting to a playoff run that's now three months in the past. What happened then doesn't necessarily continue to happen in the future. And has been stated a dozen times already, this exact tandem won 50 games last season.

Stuart Skinner is a 24 year old goalie. And Jack Campbell is a goalie that was trending as a slightly above average starter before last season. More likely than not, you're getting an improved result on last season from them. Especially if the team in front of them makes their job easier.

Cmon dude. You've been here long enough to know that our players are incapable of improving.

Apparently the only way this team gets better is to over hype every other teams players

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Crazy how guys like Wheeler, JVR, Duchene all go for 800k to 3 mil. Free agency sure is somethin.
It's unfortunate that more players weren't looking to come here on short term and low AAV deals. That tells me that they might be skeptical of winning here, we simply can't manage our cap to get it done and/or they still don't want to come to Edmonton for the most part.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
It's unfortunate that more players weren't looking to come here on short term and low AAV deals. That tells me that they might be skeptical of winning here, we simply can't manage our cap to get it done and/or they still don't want to come to Edmonton for the most part.
There have been cap management issues for sure, but my bet is on the last reason. Especially with American UFA's who more and more are choosing prime US destinations.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Which players are you talking about? Wheeler was never going to sign with a Canadian team and we didn't have $3m capspace for the likes of Duchene and Domi

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The sad thing is that the Oilers had a player in Jack Campbell that has a career sv pct in the playoffs of 92%... and he was 96.1% in the 118 minutes he did play for them over parts of 4 games.... but Woodcroft was stubborn and kept going back to the same well over and over even though it was obvious Skinner wasn't quite in the zone.

You ride a hot goalie in the playoffs and sit a cold one... that's often the difference between a quick exit and a long run to the finals.

My bold prediction is that the Oilers would likely have been sipping champagne if Woody would have been more proactive and used Campbell more.

Sometimes players just don't have it in the regular season but something clicks in the playoffs and vice versa... Skinner took a step back and it looked to me like Campbell could have been taking a step forward.

Woody in my view was outcoached... the goaltending of the Oilers was subpar and yes team D wasn't good enough... but I think a more proactive coach could have utilized their roster better and squeezed a series victory out vs Vegas.

Last edited:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Which players are you talking about? Wheeler was never going to sign with a Canadian team and we didn't have $3m capspace for the likes of Duchene and Domi
Patches for one, JVR for another.
There have been cap management issues for sure, but my bet is on the last reason. Especially with American UFA's who more and more are choosing prime US destinations.
I think the lack of cap and the differences between the US and Canada politically could have something to do with it. Regardless it is a bit disappointing because I want to see Connor and Leon lift the cup as Oilers and end the Canadian Cup drought.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
So Calgary is penciling in Dube and Pelletier in their top 6 but we cant have Holloway on our 4th line?

What is going on here?

Dube just had a 45 point season and Pelletier was just over a ppg in the AHL this year.
This is also a team that didn’t make the playoffs and isn’t a contender. Compare Pelletier and Holloway sure but Dube has played 4 seasons.

Holloway isn’t really a stand out over any player of our players yet, and doesn’t have to clear waivers so sending him to the AHL to get playing time could be ideal instead of getting 5-7 minutes a night.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
It could also be as simple as the Oilers never reached out to these players. Rightly or wrongly, the Oilers had clearly zeroed in on Brown as their target well before free agency began. Beyond that they seem to be solely looking for a 4th line C.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad