Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Zadina is one winger injury away from playing with McDavid or Draisaitl here. Seems like a PTO or the smallest contract possible wouldn't be such a bad option.

Let Mcleod walk and put RNH back to centre. Forced to run four lines for once.

Reactions: Duke74

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I think it has more to do with his contract structure. It went from 0.9 to 1.8 this year and 2.7 next.

I’d be fine with a PTO if he’s got no other offers. I’d just much rather try a 2 year deal than 1 when it’s time to give him a contract. A one year deal that works out just means he’s going to price himself out next year. A 2 year deal gets us through the overage to when we have more space
Is he going to want a two year deal given he's given up some money? Seems like he probably is going to look for the best fit for him and try makeup some money in year 2.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I would have agreed in the past, however, they drafted Michkov knowing very well he may not be able to get out of his 3 year contract. That's a pretty good sign they are gonna be patient
Perhaps you misunderstand Brain.
Philly will be patient once they have a stable of prospects and high quality draft picks to follow.
Briere knows he has this summer to make the big changes.
Why do you think Provorov is gone and DeAngelo is gone and Sandheim is gone and Hayes is gone and maybe Konency and other is if the right deal comes by. For sure he is looking for all the prospects and high draft capital he can and he is willing to finish last next year but he knows two years from now if he doesn't get a prime school going the knives will be out.
I like Briere.....lets help him not to be carved up!

Reactions: bobbythebrain

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I’d see if Zadina would take 2 years @775-850k. That way, if it clicks for him, he’s a possible Brown replacement for next year and then he can get a pay bump once the overage is back off the cap

Zadina brings nothing to the table. He was labelled as a scorer at the draft and he certainly hasn’t done so ever since. The most we should do is a PTO

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Kostin was a "nothing" player and he turned out well for us.
Yep. Fact of the matter is a change of pace is a necessary spurring on of something in a lot of people. Many great writers have mentioned how freeing it is to show up in a new town with a new outfit and a hair cut. You can be anybody. Sometimes that's all it takes.

Doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. Zadina is a guy who is always going to get chances because of his draft position. All he knows is Detroit, he's definitely going to get another shot in the NHL before he's given up on.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Starting to wonder why we didn't keep Kostin somehow while still moving on from Yamo, and letting Mcleod walk instead. I can't stand watching Mcleod out there man. His game is just so sad. 0 goals in the playoffs too. He won't be a big game player, Kostin has more value in my eyes. You put RNH at centre and you're set.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Starting to wonder why we didn't keep Kostin somehow while still moving on from Yamo, and letting Mcleod walk instead. I can't stand watching Mcleod out there man. His game is just so sad. 0 goals in the playoffs too. He won't be a big game player, Kostin has more value in my eyes. You put RNH at centre and you're set.
IMO McLeod is worth significantly more. It's not even close

duul

Jun 21, 2010
IMO McLeod is worth significantly more. It's not even close
I don't disagree that he may be worth more in a trade, but I truly believe Kostin is and will continue to separate from Mcleod further as a better NHL player. As in, more valuable to a team in the playoffs. All I care about at this point in time, for our group, is if a player can compete in the playoffs and find success there.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Just out of curiosity I looked up some offensive stats for current and ex-Oilers and a few players that have been spoken about in threads/convos as possible adds to the Oilers...

Pts per 60 at 5v5 over the past 3 regular seasons:

McDavid 2.90
Draisaitl 2.51
E Kane 2.17
Hyman 2.17
Kostin 1.83
Connor Brown 1.72
Jesper Boqvist 1.70
Foegele 1.67
RNH 1.65
Maxime Comtois 1.65
Derek Ryan 1.62
McLeod 1.48
Pius Suter 1.46
Yamamoto 1.44
Denis Gurianov 1.43
Tyler Motte 1.42
Brendan Lemieux 1.39
Janmark 1.36
Noah Gregor 1.31
Devin Shore 1.28
Holloway 1.20
Caggiula 1.16
Zach Aston-Reese 1.08
Filip Zadina 1.07
Austin Watson 1.04
Brad Malone 1.01
Lane Pederson 0.83
Zack MacEwen 0.79
Greg McKegg 0.66

Bouchard 1.32
Nurse 1.09
Ekholm 1.03
Cam Dineen 0.89
Ceci 0.85
Broberg 0.82
Kulak 0.80
Desharnais 0.60
Niemelainen 0.14

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

Wow, very interesting to see a player do this with the intention of sticking around the NHL. Has any other European done that?

F0XZ9U5XsAMFgYw

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I'll take McLeod over Kostin. Kostin's defending is terrible
Based on what metric? Mcleod had the worst +/- of any forward on the team who played regularly besides Puljujarvi and Holloway...while going against the easiest competition the league has to offer.

The only justification I can see for this is in the playoffs where Kostin was getting reduced minutes, meanwhile Mcleod was ... ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad