Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | What Do Our RFA's Sign For Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

What Do Our RFA's Get?

• Bouchard 1 Year up to $3 million

• Bouchard 1 Year $3-4 million

• Bouchard 1 Year Over $4 million

• Bouchard 2 Years <$3.5 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years $3.5-$4 million AAV

• Bouchard 2 Years > $4 million AAV

• Bouchard Longer Than 2 Years

• McLeod 1 Year >$1.5 million

• McLeod 1 Year $1.5 to $2 million

• McLeod 2 Years >$1.5 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years $1.5 to $2 million AAV

• McLeod 2 Years Over $2 million AAV

• McLeod Longer Than 3 Years

• McLeod Traded

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
I am in complete agreement with both of you. My point is that as our roster stands, Woodcroft is going to ride our top players into the dirt no matter what. IF we are going to run a more balanced lineup, then you might as well put all the guys like Holloway and Bourgault and Lavoie in there too. The reason being that they have POTENTIAL to make our bottom 6 worth giving significant minutes to. As it currently stands, giving our bottom 6 minutes is a total waste. We need to give young players a real shot to develop and that is done at the beginning of a regular season, especially when you're a contender. Developing these guys in preparation for the playoffs is paramount.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
I am in complete agreement with both of you. My point is that as our roster stands, Woodcroft is going to ride our top players into the dirt no matter what. IF we are going to run a more balanced lineup, then you might as well put all the guys like Holloway and Bourgault and Lavoie in there too. The reason being that they have POTENTIAL to make our bottom 6 worth giving significant minutes to. As it currently stands, giving our bottom 6 minutes is a total waste. We need to give young players a real shot to develop and that is done at the beginning of a regular season, especially when you're a contender. Developing these guys in preparation for the playoffs is paramount.
You have to choose. Personally I think we keep Hollow and Bourgault.
Lavoie, McLeod and Broberg would be assets available for movement in the right trade....add in Savoie, our first '24 and our 2nd '24...we could fix 3 or 4 of our main holes. Might be enough.

The Yamo deal i proposed earlier in June is obviously gone. 2 of the smartest GMs in the game were involved in things around this Zito and Yzerboy.

Holland will let slip this golden opportunity as well.
If im Draisaitl and I see this ...I'm talking to my agent and looking for a place to land that has a real GM.
And you know what ...If Holland has to deal with a Draisaitl trade ....he would screw that up too.

Draft picks ....we overvalue them given our current circumstances.
Right now a 2 '24 has a 30 percent chance of being something in 4 or 5 years.
Given our potential draft position a first '24 has mostly a potential to be a Reid Schaefer pick.
Our draft picks should have much more value to some other GMs then they should to us.

Last edited:

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
So ....does Holland wait too long and piss away another asset?
Or does he do the other thing he does....cave in big time and assert Mcleod is a high end 3C and pay huge for potential not really there...'Mcleods game is projectable'.?
P
Isn't it clear?
Offer Bouch 2 x 3.5
Offer McLeod 2 x 17.5 - 2 mil 4C money with PK time.....want more earn more.?

If this is unacceptable to McLeod and his agent put him in with Broberg and futures and lets make the summer blockbuster we need too.

Briere for one is desperate for futures right now. Phillys history is anything but patience. He has this one summer to reshape that team. Next year ownership and fan base need lots of futures and prospects to follow. Briere knows he won't get a second year selling.
We on the other hand are exactly in the opposite boat ....we need to win now.....this year...in order not to piss off our two centres. Its a perfect situation ....Holland needs to get this done right now or let some take the reins and get it done.

This isn't true at all. The plan in Philly is 3 years all day long. That's already been established

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
This isn't true at all. The plan in Philly is 3 years all day long. That's already been established
Drink the koolaid.
I encourage you to look at the past that has happened with the same management and ownership and fanbase. THE only true predictor of the future is the past especially in this case.

Macblender

May 5, 2014
I am not sure where he fits in as a LW to be honest unless we are hellbent on RNH as 3c and Hyman on RW pushing Foegele up I guess which I highly doubt.

We need RW depth or a 3/4C as the final forward piece.

D is definitively a trade for a RHD at some point to help.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Drink the koolaid.
I encourage you to look at the past that has happened with the same management and ownership and fanbase. THE only true predictor of the future is the past especially in this case.
I would have agreed in the past, however, they drafted Michkov knowing very well he may not be able to get out of his 3 year contract. That's a pretty good sign they are gonna be patient

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I’d see if Zadina would take 2 years @775-850k. That way, if it clicks for him, he’s a possible Brown replacement for next year and then he can get a pay bump once the overage is back off the cap

Honestly, I'd give him a PTO. See if he's worth a contract in camp.

He got booted by Detroit, not exactly like he got booted by Vegas or Boston.

Esko

Sep 23, 2015
I may be in the minority here but it's a little frustrating to see our 2018 picks trying to squeeze management when we are on the verge of potentially winning a cup. Bouchard should be thanking Woodcroft for the opportunity to play the best PP the league has ever seen. We all know he took off after Barrie was dealt. Not to mention, it's his first contract after the ELC.

I understand McLeod did us a favour last year, but he paced as a 30 point centre with questionable defending at times. What does he think he's worth? A veteran in Derek Ryan just took a pay cut and was more consistent than he was.

The cap hasn't gone up in 4 years. Take your 1-2 year cheap bridge contract and cash in on the next one. There's a whole team here of players who have never won a cup, many of them on discount deals right now.

Just my $0.02.
The only issue I have with this statement is the "cash in on the next one" statement. As you mentioned McLeod took a team friendly deal last season, what if McLeod has a significant injury this season after taking another team friendly deal? Every player has a finite amount of time for career earnings, there is no guarantee that there will be a next deal or that the next deal will be greater.

I'll never knock a player for asking what they think they deserve. Go get the bag, it's up to the GM to make it all fit.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Honestly, I'd give him a PTO. See if he's worth a contract in camp.

He got booted by Detroit, not exactly like he got booted by Vegas or Boston.

I think it has more to do with his contract structure. It went from 0.9 to 1.8 this year and 2.7 next.

I’d be fine with a PTO if he’s got no other offers. I’d just much rather try a 2 year deal than 1 when it’s time to give him a contract. A one year deal that works out just means he’s going to price himself out next year. A 2 year deal gets us through the overage to when we have more space

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I cant really see it because he likely doesnt want to play in the AHL. I think he just blocks Lavoie (from the Team's perspective) if they sign him (not saying it’s a good or bad thing).
Not sure I see it that way. Zadina is more top 6 or bust type than Lavoie. Lavoie could be a Klim Kostin type. I don’t see anyone giving him a contract at least on this side of the world he’ll have to take a PTO.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
If you replace Foegele with Zadina and run a 21-man roster you could have ~8.3M to sign McLeod and Bouchard.

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Kane - Draisaitl - Brown
Holloway - McLeod - Zadina
Janmark - Ryan - Lavoie

Nurse - Ceci
Ekholm - Bouchard
Broberg - Kulak

Skinner
Campbell

Would that be enough to go long term on Bouchard? 6.5 for Bouchard and 1.8 for McLeod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad