Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread: The "Well, we're waiting!!!" Edition with a sprinkle of "Don't believe his lies."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I doubt Boston has a care at all as to whether or not they can re-sign Gavrikov and probably don’t need to find a way to do so (and I doubt they will). They are one of the few fully convincing teams this season (though President’s Trophy winners and their ilk have fooled many in the past).

Yeah I think this is truly a rental. They already have significant money tied up in the backend and Gavrikov is going to get a raise.

Pasternak is going to take a significant chunk of their available cap.

Reactions: Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
Blah blah blah same old. “Oilers are interested.”

Not sure what more info people want.

“It’s not a video game.”

Every year same sad excuses.

Is trade deadline done?

What deals have gone down besides what Toronto and NYR did?

What have other contenders done?

We’re not the only team that hasn’t made a move yet. Yet being the operative word.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Holloway is a nothing player at this point and if having Desharnais out is “sewering” the season then this team should draft top 10 this year
But Desharnias bring something this geam lacks. For players to be NHLers, it takes a perfect storm, be a needed piece in the puzzle. I think Desharnias defense is that.

Even if a defender is needed, a forward actually seems to be a bigger need when pulju and yamamoto is worsw than ryan and Janmark in impact on game.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Not sure what more info people want.

Is trade deadline done?

What deals have gone down besides what Toronto and NYR did?

What have other contenders done?

We’re not the only team that hasn’t made a move yet. Yet being the operative word.
I never said it’s done. We still have plenty of time to get Edmundson.

North

Jun 25, 2009
I want to hear the Oilers are making a move so they can at least ice a full bleeping lineup.

So basically waiving JP. Would that be enough to make you happy?

There is the potential that whatever deal they make includes the player they would waive.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Its similar to my wife. She's been getting into online content writing and is finally making some headway after two years. She always talks about the potential money to be made and blah blah. But then she gets super pissed at me when I don't share the same excitement. Why? Potential and interest from prospective clients doesn't put money in our bank account. It's the same feeling I get with potential targets the Oilers may have interest in...potential and interest does f*** all for me.
I hope your wonderful wife isn’t reading HF, Ritchie! :)

North

Jun 25, 2009
I never said it’s done. We still have plenty of time to get Edmundson.

Or somebody better. The point is only two contenders have done something but you’re posts make it seem like everything is done and we’re going to end up with nothing.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
What is the point of keeping JP up if Woodcroft isn't going to play him anyways. I'd rather just lose him for free on waivers and have enough cap to have 22 players up in Edmonton with a little bit of extra cap space for deadline day.

Reactions: Stoneman89

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
What is the point of keeping JP up if Woodcroft isn't going to play him anyways. I'd rather just lose him for free on waivers and have enough cap to have 22 players up in Edmonton with a little bit of extra cap space for deadline day.
That would make way to much sense

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
One reason I've been constantly intrigued by Chychrun over the other options is that his scoring distribution chart demonstrates that he can score consistently from the point. The Oilers offensive zone cycle frequently ends up with a defenseman having a clear lane to shoot from the blue line. Such opportunities are what earned Bouchard lots of points last season when he still had confidence in his shot and was bombing them on net.

Asset cost aside, Chychrun may be the best fit stylistically. How is Karlsson's point shot in comparison?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If we waive JP, and some bottom feeder actually takes him, then that's 3 mill off the books and allows us more cap room for a meaningful trade. And short term, it allows us to ice a full lineup. My concern is that if we hang on and he goes in a trade, we may very well have to add to get rid of him.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Or somebody better. The point is only two contenders have done something but your posts make it seem like everything is done and we’re going to end up with nothing.
First of all with this back end we aren’t contenders. Contenders like Carolina, Tampa, Avs, Boston don’t need to make a big splash because news flash… they are already way better than us.

We aren’t Carolina comfortably sitting in 1st. We are hanging onto a wild spot card and running a shortened lineup because we have no cap. If you can’t see the difference in urgency between us and an actual contender then I don’t know what to tell you.

You are correct that the TDL is not here yet though. Lots of time for me to eat my words.

Edit : Okay if JP is involved in a trade then waive yams. They are an equal waste of cap.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
One reason I've been constantly intrigued by Chychrun over the other options is that his scoring distribution chart demonstrates that he can score consistently from the point. The Oilers offensive zone cycle frequently ends up with a defenseman having a clear lane to shoot from the blue line. Such opportunities are what earned Bouchard lots of points last season when he still had confidence in his shot and was bombing them on net.

Asset cost aside, Chychrun may be the best fit stylistically. How is Karlsson's point shot in comparison?
I haven't really heard that Karlsson has the big bomb of a shot that is coveted by most teams. But from what I see of him, he has incredible lateral skating skills, which allow him to walk the line effortlessly, and then get his shot through openings. His offensive vision is elite when doing that. Something you just can't teach.

Reactions: Frank the Tank

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Make the move with the Sharks already.

To SJ: Campbell, Bouchard, Foegele, Yamo, Schaefer, 2023 1st and 2025 1st

To Edm: Karlsson ($3.5M retained) and Reimer (plus whatever else for contracts and roster space)

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The real contenders like the Avs, Tampa, Carolina, Rangers, Leafs (yes the Leafs, lol) etc, have more or less complete rosters and can afford to use pieces to take on high end rentals. In our cap situation, we are hamstrung with the dollar in dollar out scenario and our targets need to be players with term. And with term, the acquisition costs go way up. Such is the situation our GM has backed us into.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad