Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | The Road to the Draft June 28th and 29th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

How Many Trades at the Draft Do You See Holland Making?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I don't think he'll amount to much in the NHL. Usually players with his size and draft pedigree dominate their draft+1 years but this year is not much different then his draft year and he wasn't noticeable in the world juniors or memorial cup.

I think Schaefer will have an NHL career, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see him take a Kostin-esque development path.

The leagues scattered with this type: Kassian, N. RItchie, Jankowski, McCarron, W. Carrier; All highly drafted big men with decent, but not elite skill-sets, who eventually put it together to become a quality middle/bottom 6'ers. Just well after their original team had moved on from them.

And it's not just highly drafted, guys like M. Foglino, and Maroon, were taken in the mid/late-rounds and had the same development path.

It's rarely worth it to draft PF. Not because they won't be NHL'ers, but because odds are they won't become proper contributors until (years) after you cut them lose for not developing fast enough, or you've sold them for cents on the dollar.

You're far better off being the one who buys them on the cheap. like Chia did with Maroon (one of his few outright wins), or Holland grabbing Kostin. If I were a betting man, I'd say Comtois or Rasmussen are the next guys to fall into this category,

Reactions: Anarchism

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Exactly and it's pointless to discuss other goaltenders outside of adding a 3rd vet guy (like a Pickard type).

The reality is Campbell-Skinner is the duo. There's no way to get out from under the Campbell contract so might as well try to work with him to get some improvement. This is a guy who has proven he can play well in the league so he's not a lost cause.
Skinner put up a Calder level season but this all gets forgotten by some because he had a bad playoffs, as a rookie in his first playoff run.

These guys are both capable of being good goalies and are good enough to win with.
I don't even think the Oilers are THAT far off defensively. What they need to prevent is those mental lapses when they give up a goal and it snowballs from there. I thought they were decent enough defensively in both series outside of those few minute lapses that really cost them. I think looking for an upgrade on Ceci should be a priority, most likely in season, and a vet for the 3rd pairing to share time with Desharnais. I thought Holland's biggest mistake at the deadline was relying on Desharnais-Broberg as their #6/#7. Just too much youth to depend on, along with Bouchard, for a serious Cup run which just about cost them the L.A. series with Desharnais completely overwhelmed and carrying some of those struggles over to the Vegas series with Broberg struggling in Game 5. Need to prioritize defense if not this offseason then by the deadline because these are the goalies next season so work to make it easier on them.
The Oilers don't have a Cup level defense and likely won't have the goaltending to carry an improbable run a la this year's Cinderella Bob story. They need that top end veteran RD to stabilize the d-corp with two way defending and leadership as Ekholm delivered which had a major transformational effect on this team's ability (and willingness to defend).

Unfortunately Broberg was unfortunately exposed in game 5 because Nurse opted to engage in frontier justice with a Vegas support player in a game already won. Self discipline was an issue this playoffs after the leadership group had preached 'maturity'. Nurse, Draisaitl, Desharnais' meltdown, Nugent Hopkins all took critical situation penalties which cost this team. The team's own zone defending was inconsistent in front of their rookie goaltender and Vegas capitalized while Oil EV scoring evaporated. Woodcroft was widely out coached by a smart veteran coach who exploited the Eichel Draisaitl line match to badly outscore the Oilers in deciding three games of the series. Vegas was far more structured in their own zone defending in front of their 4th string goaltender whose confidence built with this strong, insulating support.

Oil have made their bed with Campbell's big contract. They've used up this winnable playoff year with clear areas (and personnel) in which they need to improve to win seven games series against elite contenders. Most is within their ability to control with coaching, better system play and work rate in defending, self-discipline in key situations. But adding another top 4 veteran RD defender is non-negotiable imo. Especially with the tandem goaltending they have invested long-term in.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I mean says who? He could be worse or the same in the playoffs.

There's no magic guarantor that he gets better because some fans like that he has a cool mustache and a cool attitude.

This is a cruel league and survival of the fittest out here, every opponent especially in the playoffs is going to be looking eat Skinner alive, does he have the game, does he have the mentality, does he have the coaching (ahem Schwartz), does he have the defensive system in front of him?

The other question is do the Oilers even have the time here to entertain these questions to begin with? Because if the answer to any of the above is no, the cost probably is you just wasted another year of McDrai's prime needing to find that out.

Have what time? There isn't a goalie outside Vasilevsky that anyone can say w/ certainty will be good.

Markstrom was insane for Van.. sucked in Cal.
Bobrovsky is playing good for only the 2nd time in his career.
Tim Thomas came from Europe.
Shesterkin, Ullmark, Sorokin all played poorly.

Nobody knows which goalie will play good. Improving the defense is 1000x more important than stressing about a goalie

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Have what time? There isn't a goalie outside Vasilevsky that anyone can say w/ certainty will be good.

Nobody knows which goalie will play good. Improving the defense is 1000x more important than stressing about a goalie

Can we quantify some of these statements instead of just making shit up all the time?

Igor Shesterkin put up .931 save percentage in the playoffs this year. That's "playing poorly"?

Ullmark was injured. Sorokin was .929 in the playoffs.

If McDavid gets .931 or .929, they probably win the Cup, but he's never gotten even close to that aside from one year with Talbot.

The Oilers need to both upgrade the D and goaltending if they seriously want to win a Cup, now if the response to that is gonna be "wahhhhh! that's toooooo hard! You're asking for too much! We can only upgrade on position at a time!", well it is what it is. No one cares if the team gifted McDavid and won three other draft lotteries is gonna sit there and whine about team building being too hard. Get your shit together and get a half decent blue line that doesn't have massive liabilities like Ceci on it and get a goalie who can go on a real tear in the playoffs. If Pittsburgh did it, Washington did it, then no one wants to hear excuses from Edmonton about why they can't give their star players the same.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
The Oilers don't have a Cup level defense and likely won't have the goaltending to carry an improbable run a la this year's Cinderella Bob story. They need that top end veteran RD to stabilize the d-corp with two way defending and leadership as Ekholm delivered which had a major transformational effect on this team's ability (and willingness to defend).

Unfortunately Broberg was unfortunately exposed in game 5 because Nurse opted to engage in frontier justice with a Vegas support player in a game already won. Self discipline was an issue this playoffs after the leadership group had preached 'maturity'. Nurse, Draisaitl, Desharnais' meltdown, Nugent Hopkins all took critical situation penalties which cost this team. The team's own zone defending was inconsistent in front of their rookie goaltender and Vegas capitalized while Oil EV scoring evaporated. Woodcroft was widely out coached by a smart veteran coach who exploited the Eichel Draisaitl line match to badly outscore the Oilers in deciding three games of the series. Vegas was far more structured in their own zone defending in front of their 4th string goaltender whose confidence built with this strong, insulating support.

Oil have made their bed with Campbell's big contract. They've used up this winnable playoff year with clear areas (and personnel) in which they need to improve to win seven games series against elite contenders. Most is within their ability to control with coaching, better system play and work rate in defending, self-discipline in key situations. But adding another top 4 veteran RD defender is non-negotiable imo. Especially with the tandem goaltending they have invested long-term in.
I don't disagree, the Oilers largely beat the Oilers. It was a toss up series that came down to two critical 3-4 minute intervals of Games 5 and 6.
Yes Vegas was more structured and they showed more poise in the critical moments but they were also on the ropes in Game 5 before the Oilers lack of discipline gave them gift PPs which completely turned that game and the series around. Even with the breakdowns, if they get average goaltending they win that series. Not putting all the blame on Skinner as there were some self inflicted wounds made by the defense and forwards (Drai in particular) but the opposing goalie made more big saves in key moments. The Marchessault go ahead goal in Game 6 was entirely preventable and was just a case of a bad bounce, quite frankly.

I don't think the Oilers need major changes. I think they'll need a Ceci upgrade and a vet for the bottom pairing. It doesn't even have to be an Ekholm sized addition, just somebody more mobile than Ceci who can defend reasonably well and move the puck. I think their problems are correctable with internal growth mainly even with some of the personnel deficiencies they have which, lets be honest, will always be the case due mainly to the Nurse contract being a 2-2.5m overpay.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan

Yup, exactly. Goalies are voodoo, I know people are likely tired of hearing this, but for 95% of them it really is true. Unless you are getting one of the 4-5 guys that are fairly consistent (for goalies mind you, they are still woefully inconsistent compared to skaters) you have a better percentage payoff in improving skaters. Holland fully believes this, and has said so multiple times in the past.

I don't disagree, the Oilers largely beat the Oilers. It was a toss up series that came down to two critical 3-4 minute intervals of Games 5 and 6.
Yes Vegas was more structured and they showed more poise in the critical moments but they were also on the ropes in Game 5 before the Oilers lack of discipline gave them gift PPs which completely turned that game and the series around. Even with the breakdowns, if they get average goaltending they win that series. Not putting all the blame on Skinner as there were some self inflicted wounds made by the defense and forwards (Drai in particular) but the opposing goalie made more big saves in key moments. The Marchessault go ahead goal in Game 6 was entirely preventable and was just a case of a bad bounce, quite frankly.

I don't think the Oilers need major changes. I think they'll need a Ceci upgrade and a vet for the bottom pairing. It doesn't even have to be an Ekholm sized addition, just somebody more mobile than Ceci who can defend reasonably well and move the puck. I think their problems are correctable with internal growth mainly even with some of the personnel deficiencies they have which, lets be honest, will always be the case due mainly to the Nurse contract being a 2-2.5m overpay.

We are very likely to run our current D corps for the regular season until the trade deadline. If we can bump Ceci down to the 3rd pairing and get a legit 2nd pairing RHS D at the deadline, our entire team will vastly improve. That will be a tough ask, but not impossible. It doesn't have to be an Ekholm-type, it can be a rental, so again, not impossible. If we ran Ekholm/Bouchard, Nurse/<new guy>, Kulak/Ceci, and Broberg or VD as 7th, that is likely good enough to make a cup run with our level of scoring. But this isn't going to happen until the trade deadline I don't think.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Can we quantify some of these statements instead of just making shit up all the time?

Igor Shesterkin put up .931 save percentage in the playoffs this year. That's "playing poorly"?

Ullmark was injured. Sorokin was .929 in the playoffs.

If McDavid gets .931 or .929, they probably win the Cup, but he's never gotten even close to that aside from one year with Talbot.

The Oilers need to both upgrade the D and goaltending if they seriously want to win a Cup, now if the response to that is gonna be "wahhhhh! that's toooooo hard! You're asking for too much! We can only upgrade on position at a time!", well it is what it is. No one cares if the team gifted McDavid and won three other draft lotteries is gonna sit there and whine about team building being too hard. Get your shit together and get a half decent blue line that doesn't have massive liabilities like Ceci on it and get a goalie who can go on a real tear in the playoffs. If Pittsburgh did it, Washington did it, then no one wants to hear excuses from Edmonton about why they can't give their star players the same.
I'd argue that the Oilers could win the cup with .910 goaltending. They get .930 goaltending we're probably winning the cup in under 20 playoffs games.

I think the team needs to switch to a more defensive mindset but will still have the ability to open things up when they need to. Split up the top 6 into pairs from lines 1 to 3 and put a defensive conscious player on each line. Upgrading on Ceci has to be done, he's been an inconsistent player his entire career and doesn't have the skill set to shut elite players down.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver

Skinner needed to be better. Vegas was way better though at insulating a 4th string goaltender. Unfortunately the Oilers did breakdown more and a veteran coach was able to exploit these tendencies (down low around the Oilers net; transition attacks from defense to offence; finding soft ice within the Oilers own zone defending. Wish Skinner made more stops but the breakdowns in front were a problem. Coaching was an issue not reacting to the Eichel Draisaitl match up ice-tilt.

I've posted this video before. It's a good breakdown of the play in front of Skinner including the Marchessault goal which was entirely preventable when the Oilers flood the right side of Skinner's net instead of any one of three Oilers defending backside home plate. Puck watching and straying from their system structure was a consistent issue that burned this team and the rookie tender wasn't good enough to stem it:

Forgot Ekholm's undisciplined penalty too which essentially decided the game with the 5 on 3. If all these self induced mistakes didn't happen, I'd have a higher target on Skinner. He wasn't good enough. But this team let Vegas off with poor discipline and bad own zone defending.

The overwhelming positive is what we agree on. The big pieces are in place. They need one finishing piece in a top two way veteran RD; Oil can adapt their systems play (I think they need to simplify own zone by basis of how they play an attacking style and their personnel to minimize aggressive switches); coaching experience; work rate and work smarter in own zone.

Simplify Systems:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd argue that the Oilers could win the cup with .910 goaltending. They get .930 goaltending we're probably winning the cup in under 20 playoffs games.

I think the team needs to switch to a more defensive mindset but will still have the ability to open things up when they need to. Split up the top 6 into pairs from lines 1 to 3 and put a defensive conscious player on each line. Upgrading on Ceci has to be done, he's been an inconsistent player his entire career and doesn't have the skill set to shut elite players down.

I mean they had .913 from Smith last year and won 8 playoff games. Last time I checked you need to win 16. This year they won 6, so not even half the amount needed.

Honestly, if they want to cut the bullshit and just be honest about what this is going to take, they need a goalie that can win the team some games in games where McDavid/Draisaitl aren't supernova. Or even don't even score a point (gasp!). That's Stanley Cup winning goaltending.

You can't just score your way to victory 16 times in the grind that is playoffs. It's too hard to do that.

The only teams that have won a Cup with .910 goaltending or worse are teams like Colorado and one year in Chicago I believe, those teams all had loaded forwards groups and Norris caliber no.1 D and generally very solid D even behind that.

Asking for a Cup with .910 without a Norris caliber D is asking for a miracle to happen.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Don't care about the boring ass SCF and just want to get to the offseason moves already.

gayixiangs.gif

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Our bottom 6 was fantastic all playoffs. Our top 6 sucked 5 on 5. Kostin and Bjugstad had more 5 on 5 goals than Mcdavid.
Our bottom six is soft outside of Kostin and not built for the playoffs. Kostin is a good 4th liner and probably shouldn't see the third-line.

The only other part of the bottom six I like is Bjugstad and everyone seems doggedly inclined to say we cannot bring him back because of cap reasons.

If you are excited that a non-physical 36 year old Ryan or skatey McLeod will return, something is wrong with the bottom six.

Our bottom six has one player I like, Kostin, unless Bjugstad returns. If Bjugstad returns then I like two of our bottom six. And the team needs a better 3rd-line center than Bjugstad who should be the 4th-line center.

Surround Bjugstad and Kostin with comparable players in the bottom 6 and then you have something.

I don't even consider McLeod as a center. When he's on the ice he takes the faceoff then you have three wingers. He's skating all over the f***ing place.

Foegele makes too much money and even though he played stretches of good hockey you can count on him making a brutal cross-seam pass that has me thinking wtf are you doing you just killed our zone time and the momentum, or not getting the puck in deep which is the one thing you need to depend on him doing every single time.

Yamamoto should head to Europe and star in the Lilliputian League.
It wasn't our bottom six that cost us against Vegas, our top 6 and the Nurse-Ceci pairing got eaten alive. Ceci was -7 and Nurse was -6 during the series.
When will posters face up to the fact our team defense sucks and isn't built for the playoffs?

And that Woodcroft is not a top three coach in the NHL. Because our defensive system sucks.
Obviously nobody is going to trade Bouchard unless he is demanding a 8 year deal at a high cap or something crazy like that.

The other thing that people forget when they say "we need better bottom 6 players". Yeah, sure, that would be awesome. But we have more cap tied up in our top-6 than we do the bottom-6. Therefore our bottom-6 is always going to be a little worse on average. The problem with this year for forwards had absolutely nothing to do with the bottom-6, and everything to do with the top-6. RNH, Kane and Hyman were all shadows of themselves, as were the guys pinch-hitting in the top-6 (Yams, and Bjud). I have no idea what series Broberg Speed was watching if he came away with the idea that the bottom-6 was the problem with the forwards.
Bouchard is the most overrated player in the NHL. He's a power play specialist. Move him to a club that needs a power play.

Sell high. Let his new team work out a contract.

Those not willing to entertain the idea of moving Bouchard act like the Edmonton Oilers wouldn't get a great return... or any equitable return.

The team needs an overhaul if we ever want to see a Cup back in Edmonton.

Last edited:

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I mean they had .913 from Smith last year and won 8 playoff games. Last time I checked you need to win 16. This year they won 6, so not even half the amount needed.

Honestly, if they want to cut the bullshit and just be honest about what this is going to take, they need a goalie that can win the team some games in games where McDavid/Draisaitl aren't supernova. Or even don't even score a point (gasp!). That's Stanley Cup winning goaltending.

You can't just score your way to victory 16 times in the grind that is playoffs. It's too hard to do that.

The only teams that have won a Cup with .910 goaltending or worse are teams like Colorado and one year in Chicago I believe, those teams all had loaded forwards groups and Norris caliber no.1 D and generally very solid D even behind that.

Asking for a Cup with .910 without a Norris caliber D is asking for a miracle to happen.
Smith was something like .880 against Colorado. If he played at .913 during that series then it becomes a different series considering we lost 3 of the 4 games by 1 goal(minus empty net goals in games 1 and 3). Holland blew his goaltending budget on Campbell so now we're stuck with him for at least another year but I'm hoping we can pull of a trade at the deadline for Helly but i doubt that happens.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Smith was something like .880 against Colorado. If he played at .913 during that series then it becomes a different series considering we lost 3 of the 4 games by 1 goal(minus empty net goals in games 1 and 3). Holland blew his goaltending budget on Campbell so now we're stuck with him for at least another year but I'm hoping we can pull of a trade at the deadline for Helly but i doubt that happens.

Holland needs to decide whether "Cup or bust" is bullshit lip service or if he actually means that.

I was listening to Erik Spoelstra, head coach of the Miami Heat the other day and he said something I think is very true ... the business of playing deep into the playoffs and getting to a Finals is not for everyone. Lots of people talk about it, but push comes to shove, not everyone actually is willing to do what has to be done to get there. It's hard.

It's very possible next year the Oilers have go through a Colorado team that is going to be $7 million over the cap because they're going to do the whole activate Landeskog for the playoffs BS. You really sure that Campbell/Skinner gives the Oilers a shot there Holland?

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Our bottom 6 was fantastic all playoffs. Our top 6 sucked 5 on 5. Kostin and Bjugstad had more 5 on 5 goals than Mcdavid.

It's hard to say it but If I'm being totally honest with myself. And because of the huge expectations on him. But McDavid wasn't very good this playoffs. Not for his standards at least.

He was amazing on the power play as usual. And honestly pretty damn good on the PK.

But 5 on 5 he was not very good. He was a bit of a ghost some games. Obviously hard to recall specifics now but Game 1 vs Vegas I don't recall seeing much of him.

I don't think this is a McDavid thing though. I think his wingers blew ass 5 on 5. I think Leon's did as well to be honest.

The Oilers defeat was because of a lot of small things. Goaltending, Ceci and Nurse pairings are definitely some of them. But I think the biggest reason is the absolute 5 on 5 nightmare RNH, Yamamoto, Kane, Hyman were collectively.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
It's hard to say it but If I'm being totally honest with myself. And because of the huge expectations on him. But McDavid wasn't very good this playoffs. Not for his standards at least.

He was amazing on the power play as usual. And honestly pretty damn good on the PK.

But 5 on 5 he was not very good. He was a bit of a ghost some games. Obviously hard to recall specifics now but Game 1 vs Vegas I don't recall seeing much of him.

I don't think this is a McDavid thing though. I think his wingers blew ass 5 on 5. I think Leon's did as well to be honest.

The Oilers defeat was because of a lot of small things. Goaltending, Ceci and Nurse pairings are definitely some of them. But I think the biggest reason is the absolute 5 on 5 nightmare RNH, Yamamoto, Kane, Hyman were collectively.
McDavid had his wrist hacked second last game of the regular season against Colorado. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a wrist or hand injury the entirety of the playoffs.

This is the 64 goal Rocket Richard Trophy winner that was obliterating pucks up until game 81 of the regular season.

f*** Colorado and their f***ing team of entitled hackers.

McJC

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
Well, I guess Frank not mentioning us a fit for Helle pretty much nails down rolling with Skinner - Campbell again

Reactions: McDoused

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
McDavid had his wrist hacked second last game of the regular season against Colorado. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a wrist or hand injury the entirety of the playoffs.

This is the 64 goal Rocket Richard Trophy winner that was obliterating pucks up until game 81 of the regular season.

We don't agree on much but we do agree here. Can't stand that stickwork horseshit.

Related, Pietrangelo either needs to answer the bell first Vegas game of next season or he needs to be sitting in the locker room post game covered head to toe in ice bags. Willing to bet he comes down with a mystery illness and won't play, like the coward he is.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton

Yah that would make sense. Really about all their forwards, I don't know what the reasons are. Injury likely. But regardless Edmonton's top 6 forwards were underwhelming at 5 on 5 this playoffs. Yes I'm including McDavid.. because the standards are so freaking high.

I don't know the why... I just know what I saw. And 5 on 5.. those guys got rocked. Feels weird saying it..... but I think it's the truth. 5 on 5 Edmonton's top 6 forwards collectively are poor defensively. They struggle with the defensive details of the game. Perhaps It's why they can't hold leads in HIGH intensity situations and fair poorly in overtime. When they lost momentum they were a tire fire for stretches. Couldn't fall back into defensive details because they don't know them instinctually.

It's all I'll be paying attention to next year. The power play will be fun to watch obviously. The PK will likely be up and down like it always has. But I think if we want to have any indication on how the Oilers will do next year in the playoffs. I will be watching how the top two lines play in the regular season when the games are in intense moments. Those lines have to be the spine of the team. Those lines broke in the playoffs this year.

Once McDavid and Draisitl play on the same line.. I'm calling it.. the team is f***ed come playoff time. Absolutely f***ed.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Bouchard is the most overrated player in the NHL. He's a power play specialist. Move him to a club that needs a power play.

Sell high.
Let his new team work out a contract.

Those not willing to entertain the idea of moving Bouchard act like the Edmonton Oilers wouldn't get a great return... or any equitable return.

The team needs an overhaul if we ever want to see a Cup back in Edmonton.
This is a completely contradictory argument. You're suggesting that this is a flawed player boosted by a highly productive PP and that he's easily replaceable. And honestly, with options like Severson, Dumba and Klingberg on the open market, it's not entirely untrue. I just don't see why you'd believe there to be a strong market for such a player if you don't see value in him yourself.

You keep Bouchard now because he's still young and cost controlled. There's likely improvement in his game. Those replacements likely cost the same against the cap, but it's only a few seasons before regression is expected.

Last edited:

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

What absolute nonsense. You can toss out pronger and lidstrom as a pairing and if your goalie lets in bad goals you lose. We made the big splash move for a D man this year, paid a lot for Eckholm, he was excellent , we still lost due to goaltending.

Goaltending is the most important part of a team and if it fails you do not smile and nod and say, oh its voodoo! You go and try and fix the problem, like any other position.

If the grand plan is to close your eyes cross your fingers and hope skinner is not puke bad or that the coach believes the other goalies can play that is a poor strategy.

And if the first move to fix it is canning the atrociously awful goaltending coach you have you start there.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
We don't agree on much but we do agree here. Can't stand that stickwork horseshit.

Related, Pietrangelo either needs to answer the bell first Vegas game of next season or he needs to be sitting in the locker room post game covered head to toe in ice bags. Willing to bet he comes down with a mystery illness and won't play, like the coward he is.
As usual you couldn't be more wrong but until the NHL starts handing out majors with regularity for hacking superstars' wrists as a cutthroat tactic, and as a consequence for tomahawk chops, lengthy suspensions, Gary Bettman has his head up his ass.

And that players can get away with this is a testament to the uselessness of our bottom six outside of Bjugstad and Kostin. Plenty of blame in the top six as well.

Get rid of McLeod, Ryan and Yamamoto for starters... all the softy boys. f*** them too because they are part of the problem.

I'm honestly on the fence about Nuge. If you can get a return close to worthy of a 104 point player on a team friendly contract, and he'll lift his no-trade... I'm thinking long and hard about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad