Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Fk the only thing that irritates me is this guy basically gets out of jail and is litterally handed the keys to a bramd new lambo the very same day.

Fk me it never seems like the oilers put in any effort or due process into these hirings.

We have a few guys in house like Gretzky and brad Holland who have put In dues and get passed up for this? This doesn't make sense at all. Almost like edmomton was forced into hiring this guy with how its all unfolded and how the media has been pushing bowman.

ChasinWaterfalls

Jan 17, 2021
Anyone who knows someone whos been sexually assaulted its a lifetime burden. Bowman shouldnt just get to spend a few years taking classes and be welcomed back with open arms. He was part of ruining multiple innocent peoples lives.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Fk the only thing that irritates me is this guy basically gets out of jail and is litterally hamdedbthe keys tp a bramd new lambo the very same day.

Fk me it never seems like the oilers put in any effort or due process inntheae hirings.

We have a few guys in hiuse like Gretzky and brad Holland who have put In dues and get passed up for this? Thia doesn't make sense at all. Almost like edmomton was forced into hiring this guy with how its all unfolded.
If Jackson didn't hire those guys tells me that they aren't ready and that he could be potentially moving on from them at some point as well.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I wonder if the bad press gets so bad that the Oilers are forced to fire Bowman like when Boston drafted that one kid and had they to let him go.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
I seriously wonder what guys like Draisaitl and mcdavid think about this hire.

We are going to be the laughing stockn of the league. Every one already hates ua and we continue to makwbut so easy for them with shit likeb this. And this nice really takes the cake

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I mean from my understanding Bowman didn’t know much about the whole situation and his boss told him he would handle it. It’s not great but I feel like people are exaggerating his role in the whole situation a bit.
Regardless, this is just painting bad publicity on the organization for some unknown reasons. So many other qualified candidates out there without the massive baggage and they choose to go this route and it's not like this guy is Joel Quenneville with a long track record of success. He's.... not good at his job so what's the selling point? Experience?

I mean, this is the guy that basically facilitated the Nurse contract by signing Jones to that monstrosity of a contract. He's like Chiarelli with big personal baggage, I don't see how there's any defense for this hire (not saying that you are btw). Even worse was the media trying to polish the Bowman turd preparing us for this (Stauffer, Seravalli, Shannon, Staples etc.).

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Regardless, this is just painting bad publicity on the organization for some unknown reasons. So many other qualified candidates out there without the massive baggage and they choose to go this route and it's not like this guy is Joel Quenneville with a long track record of success. He's.... not good at his job so what's the selling point? Experience?

I mean, this is the guy that basically facilitated the Nurse contract by signing Jones to that monstrosity of a contract. He's like Chiarelli with big personal baggage, I don't see how there's any defense for this hire (not saying that you are btw). Even worse was the media trying to polish the Bowman turd preparing us for this (Stauffer, Seravalli, Shannon, Staples etc.).
Oh don’t get me wrong I get not liking the hire. Like I said earlier I think he’s a downgrade on Holland and has baggage.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020

We are going to be the laughing stockn of the league. Every one already hates ua and we continue to makwbut so easy for them with shit likeb this. And this nice really takes the cake
that's the point, it's a fanciful yarn

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Also a point I forgot to bring up earlier: How does the hiring of Stan Bowman affect our ability to trade and sign in the future? I can foresee certain GMs, players, etc wanting nothing to do with Bowman. Terrible hire.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Also a point I forgot to bring up earlier: How does the hiring of Stan Bowman affect our ability to trade and sign in the future? I can foresee certain GMs, players, etc wanting nothing to do with Bowman. Terrible hire.
of course, as should be expected

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Lol who cares! JJ has done everything right so far. Maybe he knows something we don't. Hope he's right but people saying they won't watch McDavid because of the new GM are crazy. Everyone loves to hate!
Because it's an absolute slap in the face, and pathetic choice. The Oilers are the Stanley Cup losers, this is the kind of move losers make.

Plus you cannot trust him to hire anyone for the franchise either.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Maybe Jackson asked McDrai about Bowman and they ok it?

Reactions: McDoused

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

If a player or GM doesn't want to do business with the Oilers because they cannot read into the situation and what REALLY happened, and see he is working to better himself, doesn't deserve to be contacted IMO. But I bet you all the GMs and players know what happened, and I highly doubt this will cause as many issues as people think it will.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
JJ undid all his good work in 1 move

Reactions: McDrai

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
If a player or GM doesn't want to do business with the Oilers because they cannot read into the situation and what REALLY happened, and see he is working to better himself, doesn't deserve to be contacted IMO. But I bet you all the GMs and players know what happened, and I highly doubt this will cause as many issues as people think it will.
This is an extremely good point, but regardless of this, the PR this creates from a fan perspective surely should have been enough for the brass to reconsider. Brutal execution lol.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
This is an extremely good point, but regardless of this, the PR this creates from a fan perspective surely should have been enough for the brass to reconsider. Brutal execution lol.

I will not deny the fans being in an uproar and there will be a divide, but I always want to read into both sides before jumping to conclusions. It's always a good thing to come into this level-headed, than come with an inflated ego.

Reactions: McDoused

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta

Lowetide absolutely drills it.

I don’t think Bowman’s resume is close to the best available. I think the organization fractured the fan base and I do not believe it will be worth it in the end.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Stan Bowman this morning...
undertaker-coffin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad