Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Nope I never said that. Why do people always need to strawman the crap out of everything.

But that’s not what you actually said. You said he’s better than Foegele with less than 1/3 the cost.

Hes not better than Foegele. Him being 1/3 the cost does not make him a better hockey player than Foegele. Edit: just saw you said Sprong is a very solid 2 way player heh heh

He's better 5v5.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Daniel “Bounce Around the League” Sprong ain’t it

Not saying he is. I am saying that I'd take Sprong at under 1m over Foegele 3.5m every day of the week. Plus I'd even state he's better than Foegele.

I was fist pumping when Fogi got signed in LA at 3.5m. Lol

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not saying he is. I am saying that I'd take Sprong at under 1m over Foegele 3.5m every day of the week. Plus I'd even state he's better than Foegele.

I was fist pumping when Fogi got signed in LA at 3.5m. Lol

He’ll fit right in on the PFO-Nucks. Not a bad pickup for the price but bounces around for a reason. Tocc-alot will squeeze some out of him for a bit

Reactions: Vagabond

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
An aside, but can’t help but laugh heartily that the Nucks are now “the deepest team they’ve had since 2011” because they got Sprong according to their cognitively deficient fans.

They still have a deep team.

That being said, I'm super excited about what the Oil did. Arvidsson >> Foegele.

Then we re-signed Henrique who's alo better than Foegele and Sprong combined.

Then we get Skinner. That's the Wild card signing right there. I luv the 1yr contract. You just know he wants to just make the playoffs let alone win a cup then cash in on his next contract. You just know this man is motivated and wants the cha-ching next season. It's perfect.

I personally think Vancouver improved offensively overall slightly but got worse defensively. Them losing Zadarov was awesome. Lol

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
He's better 5v5.

I was fist pumping when Fogi got signed in LA at 3.5m.

Lol no, no he’s not. There’s a reason no one signed him for weeks and that he settled for such a small contract.

Your fascination with Foegele is quite something hahahaha. He’s a King now and for some reason taking up all the space in your head.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Lol no, no he’s not. There’s a reason no one signed him for weeks and that he settled for such a small contract.

Your fascination with Foegele is quite something hahahaha. He’s a King now and for some reason taking up all the space in your head.

I massively disagree. Analytics disagree with you and so do the stats.

I'm actually lmfao that he's a king with a super inflated 3.5m salary. That's a victory for us. Not sure how you dont see that as fact.

Davo Ikinzom

Nov 28, 2013
Edmonton
Along with the other hundreds of people that called it haha.

That's usually how these fake insider accounts work. Make an obvious prediction that comes true and suddenly they're credible.

There's a difference between people speculating or predicting he'd sign here because he was an obvious fit, and someone actually saying it's a sure thing mere hours before it was announced.

When McLeod signed that 1 year deal after his ELC this guy called the exact contract length and salary a whole day before it signed and announced. I wouldn't be so dismissive.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
The Oilers need one additional fast skating top-4 defenseman whose primary skill set consists of retrieving pucks and making controlled exits to partner with Darnell Nurse.
Agreed, but I think the Oilers know that. Puck retrieval has been a consistent issue, but when you add to strengths, it also limits these weakness. We instead quick/easy fixed other issues to improve the overall.

Even with our backend, GA was not an issue under Knob. If we keep the GA the same, and push the GF well past 300, then you end up in the same place as fixing the D by investing cap/assets.

But, by using short UFA contracts to fix the other issues, it allowed us to trade excess to get more assets, which moves all things forward, including fixing the D.

Reactions: Biltmore

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada

That's usually how these fake insider accounts work. Make an obvious prediction that comes true and suddenly they're credible.
I don't remember anyone calling the Skinner signing. That one was completely out of left field.

Reactions: Vagabond

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Complains about me blowing smoke...continues on to blow smoke. Sure thing man 🤣
Seriously lol. It takes special needs to a new level when a person accuses someone of doing something, and then does that thing in the very next sentence.
Ok whatever you say. I'm just pulling facts from the Oilers website and what JJ said. Your just sniffing your own farts.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Agreed, but I think the Oilers know that. Puck retrieval has been a consistent issue, but when you add to strengths, it also limits these weakness. We instead quick/easy fixed other issues to improve the overall.

Even with our backend, GA was not an issue under Knob. If we keep the GA the same, and push the GF well past 300, then you end up in the same place as fixing the D by investing cap/assets.

But, by using short UFA contracts to fix the other issues, it allowed us to trade excess to get more assets, which moves all things forward, including fixing the D.
For myself I see an obvious glaring deficiency and I demand it be rectified.

In the end it all comes down to "do you want to just about win the Stanley Cup or do you actually want to win it."

Not adding a quality transporter of the puck for that second pairing is a recipe for further anguish and torment.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

I'm normally 110% with you on this. I've been ruthless with pretend insiders on this forum lol.

But if you look back at this persons tweets, he is correct 100% of the time and seems to have it hours (or days) before it happens.

Kulak trade he had the day before it happened
McLeod signing out of ELC he had the day before it happened
Virtanen PTO he had a couple weeks before it was officially signed
Skinner signing he had hours before anyone else
Kirby Dach signing a week before it was reported
Giroux to Florida trade a few days before for the correct package

Maybe he just deletes tweets that don't come true? But he has like... 10 posts going back 3 years and all of them panned out.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
How I'm feeling waiting for Holloway Broberg and Draisaitl to be signed

fast.jpg

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I'm normally 110% with you on this. I've been ruthless with pretend insiders on this forum lol.

But if you look back at this persons tweets, he is correct 100% of the time and seems to have it hours (or days) before it happens.

Kulak trade he had the day before it happened
McLeod signing out of ELC he had the day before it happened
Virtanen PTO he had a couple weeks before it was officially signed
Skinner signing he had hours before anyone else
Kirby Dach signing a week before it was reported
Giroux to Florida trade a few days before for the correct package

Maybe he just deletes tweets that don't come true? But he has like... 10 posts going back 3 years and all of them panned out.
I still find it hard to believe this guy is a 75 year old retired hockey writer haha:

1721558612530.png

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I massively disagree. Analytics disagree with you and so do the stats.

I'm actually lmfao that he's a king with a super inflated 3.5m salary. That's a victory for us. Not sure how you dont see that as fact.
Foegele signed a multi-year deal for $3.5M on July 1 and Sprong signed a 1 year deal for $1M almost a month later. This is a pretty decent sign that the professionals think that Foegele brings more to the table 5 vs 5. That does not mean that Sprong at $1M might not be an excellent signing. But there is a reason that even with his ability to score the guy can't seem to find a home. He is definitely not a solid two-way player and he seems to have issues fitting in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad