Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Free Agent Frenzy, Will JJ Show His Pimp Hand Again to Upgrade the Defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Boqvist would have a been a nice reclamation project for the Oilers. I hope the Oilers are looking at Kylington and Alex Nylander

Reactions: DarksideGhost

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Think this is another smart signing from Florida. They've been good with reclamation projects and if he can understand what he can and can't get away with in the NHL and make some tweaks to his approach I think there’s a really useful player here even if he never lives up to his draft position.
I don't disagree, just surprised it's a two-way deal. That's tough.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Sucks that we didn't land him, but I guess we'll get to see what he's made of without risking a spot on the team for him.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
I could see Kulak and Ceci being shopped. Personally I'd like to see Broberg in a 3rd pairing role where he can really thrive and then find a steadying influence for Nurse for the 2nd pairing.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-?
Broberg-Boqvist (if we can add him)/Stetcher/Brown
Stetcher/Brown
Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - second coming of börje Salming
Broberg - a finnish defender

Finnish players are often great skaters , has hockey sense. Check and make a pass.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Oof demand must not have been strong.

It’s incredible to me that absolutely nobody would offer this kid a one way deal, unless he had a very short list of teams he was willing to sign with.

Hes a right shot puck mover with pedigree, who’s still pretty young and has shown some good ability despite injuries and being on a tire fire Columbus team. Exactly the type of player teams covet and still young enough to get back on track. I have a hard time believing nobody would offer a considerably better contract/opportunity. Really seems like Florida was a team he wanted to go to.

He’s a guy I’ve always thought would be a sneaky good scoop for a team but I don’t think he’s a fit for the Oilers, best shot at reclaiming him is integrating him into a good PP and he just wouldn’t get that opportunity here, the team also needs another good pk and reliable defending option on the right side. While I like the player I just don’t see the fit for the Oilers, only way I could see it working is if you signed him 2-3 years at a cheap cap hit to put him at 3RD and then split some of the PP1 duties. It could help keep Bouchard going stratospheric right before an extension and help keep his AAV a little lower while also building value in Boqvist either as a longer term fit on the team or as a trade chip.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Boqvist would have a been a nice reclamation project for the Oilers. I hope the Oilers are looking at Kylington and Alex Nylander
If I'm a forward like Nylander, I'd have to think Edmonton is 32nd on my list of teams to go at this point.

Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
RNH-Drai-Arvidsson
Holloway-Henrique-Brown

To crack that top 9, you're already facing competition from Janmark, Savoie, Lavoie, and the potential of a healthy Kane.

Oilers88

Jun 19, 2011
JJ is gonna do something insane like trading Ceci for a first then Kane for Faulk.
Ever since Jackson took over as interim GM this summer:

1720542656254.png

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I wouldn’t be against giving Kylington a shot. He has some holes in his game for sure but he’s an elite skater which is what we need and he’s a decent gamble to outperform his contract (which we need as a cap team).

This is still an expensive third pairing but we have good cover if Broberg doesn’t develop as expected.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Broberg
Kylington-Kulak

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
How the hell did League Outcast Kane get a NMC in his deal?

Oh right. Holland negotiated.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Maybe. Dude did sign a the day before free agency opened though.

I’m sure at the very least, he would have had interest from Washington, who was close to signing him the first time. Kane was also coming off of an incredible bounceback season and dominant playoffs.

We all know how much “a day before free agency” matters. Just ask Arvidsson, who definitely did not decide to sign here before his rights expired with LA, for one example

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad