Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
One thing I'll say about our shitty 2nd pair, is that a better Line 2 probably drives those analytics up for them. Our 2nd line was no good all year either. And we all know Ek-Bouch played nearly exclusively with McD's always elite line.
A Kane trade would help the second line the most.

Leon+Nurse's metrics together drop from ~60% to ~40% when you add Kane this past season.

Reactions: belair

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
A Kane trade would help the second line the most.

Leon+Nurse's metrics together drop from ~60% to ~40% when you add Kane this past season.
Very interesting. I could see it too, Kane was unfortunately a bit of a play killer for us this year.

So improve Line 2 gives us an indirect improvement on Pair 2. We already have a better Brown and Arviddson on the RW there. Yes, if we can find a way to move on from Kane, I think it's time.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kyper is a shit disturbing Oiler hater, so I take what he says with a grain of salt
Lol you can just hear him WISHING for all that Kane stuff to be true.

Same douche bag also "heard" no one was interested in Perry last year except for the Oilers.

Reactions: AlbOilFAN

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I think you want Zemgy regardless lol.

Girgles plays center doesn't he?
Left winger, PK guy.

We wouldn't have space if Janmark signs. I prefer Janmark over Girgensons though. But Janmark might have some higher $1m, early $2m AAVs with term offers. That's too rich.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
LTIR only really helps if the player is out for the whole season or at least the remainder of the season after the deadline.
But what do you do when he comes off LTIR.

There's a reason Stone gets hurt every February and healthy in April
Ya, I don't think the Oilers could stretch a hernia surgery out for the whole season. Guess Nuge would have to go down when Kane comes back. :huh:

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The #4C market in UFA seems to have dried up.

I wonder if you could get someone decent back while dumping Ceci somewhere.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
The #4C market in UFA seems to have dried up.

I wonder if you could get someone decent back while dumping Ceci somewhere.
They can’t dump Ceci unless they have a RHD replacement.

You can’t run Bouchard - Brown - Carrick on the right side.

And I don’t think Broberg on his offside all year with Nurse is a recipe for success.

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
One thing I'll say about our shitty 2nd pair, is that a better Line 2 probably drives those analytics up for them. Our 2nd line was no good all year either. And we all know Ek-Bouch played nearly exclusively with McD's always elite line.
Our 2nd line when Drai and McDavid were separate was great all regular season this year.

Drai without McDavid at 5v5: 54% CF, 57% GF, 56% xGF, 58% HDCF

I think the reality is that our shitty 2nd pair is just a shitty 2nd pair. It does alright in the regular season when teams aren't specifically developing a game plan to defeat the Oilers, but come playoff time Nurse and Ceci get exposed time and time again. Three years running they've been the weak link in the playoffs. It would be foolish to think they won't be a weak link next season too.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
So Brown does us a solid and takes a value deal and Ekholm delivers Arvidsson, other than that kind of a shit day for JJ. No Janmark and that Perry deal stinks.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Our 2nd line when Drai and McDavid were separate was great all regular season this year.

Drai without McDavid at 5v5: 54% CF, 57% GF, 56% xGF, 58% HDCF

I think the reality is that our shitty 2nd pair is just a shitty 2nd pair. It does alright in the regular season when teams aren't specifically developing a game plan to defeat the Oilers, but come playoff time Nurse and Ceci get exposed time and time again. Three years running they've been the weak link in the playoffs. It would be foolish to think they won't be a weak link next season too.
They probably are just shitty. I can't argue against the bad play we saw out of Nurse and Ceci all year. That said, improvements to Line 2 were still sorely needed and we could still push those possession metrics up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad