GDT: 2024-2025 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goodleaf

Love a good stick.
Nov 15, 2010
Not sure if they said anything during the broadcast, but on the jumbotron before the game they played 2 clips of my favorite PR move. Tristan Jarry showing up to camp in the best shape in his career.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's some kind of incredible super power for Sullivan and Jarry to be so dogshit that I'm not even excited about watching Crosby or Geno in their final years of NHL hockey, man. Just complete buffoons.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I backed it up with the numbers. If the career rates stayed constant, and he got Jake's deployment, he'd be 12% back of Jake in points.
That number would go down if he got the same empty net deployment too.

I'm not giving my opinion here. That's legit where he's at.
You can choose to accept that or not. It won't change the facts.

If you wanna argue he'll regress that's another matter.

Being able to produce with more minutes and opportunity is not a given.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Imagine getting more offense out of bottom 6 players than your big guns.

Mental Mikey doing his thing...

jLKAcv9.png

Not sure if they said anything during the broadcast, but on the jumbotron before the game they played 2 clips of my favorite PR move. Tristan Jarry showing up to camp in the best shape in his career.
Glad Jarry is continuing to battle. Hopefully he doesn't get played into the ground in the first 3-4 months of the season while barely using the back up correctly.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
this game shows everyone that needs fixed, even sully could see it. now fix it.
You assume Sullivan sees it and wants to fix it. He more than likely thinks they executed everything well and blames the goalie for crushing them in a 2-1 game where his shit system produced 1 goal.

The irony is when the core is playing - you see how hard he panders to them and when it's not the core, he has to spread his minutes out and they play better. Sullivan could have it told to him with flashing lights and he'd never accept it.

Younger players showed how hungry they were to crack this roster and their energy overcame the idiotic system Sullivan thinks will work again after 7-8 seasons of it not.

Look at the minutes in this game vs the previous, lol Sully is gonna Sully and never quite get it. He just never will.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
I didn't see the game but Crosby and Rust playing over 20 minutes in a preseason game seems like a lot lol.

I see Ponomarev and Koivunen got the Sully special of 8 minutes or under ice time.

edit: well apparently Ponomarev got hurt but Koivunen certainly got the shaft on ice time

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy99

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
True Penguin…I really think Brunicke needs to stay up…we have too many shit defensemen lol

Brunicke was with our 2nd from the Jake trade right?

Might end up the best part of that trade if the camp he's having isn't a mirage. He does look like the real deal based on the games I've seen and it sounds like he was good again tonight.

Reactions: Andy99

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Would be sick if Brunicke panned out. I've barely watched any preseason, hope the hype is well founded and we're not just getting overly excited.

Rudy Russo

Mar 16, 2018
ZZYZX, California
Brunicke was with our 2nd from the Jake trade right?

Might end up the best part of that trade if the camp he's having isn't a mirage. He does look like the real deal based on the games I've seen and it sounds like he was good again tonight.
Yes, Howe was selected with the penguins own pick at #46. Not a bad haul for Jake especially with him signing with the Lighting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad