Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Post Draft, Pre Free Agent Frenzy

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
God I hope they move Kane
I hope they LTIR im until the playoffs. Lets them sign another top 6 winger. Have Kane fresh and healed up for the playoffs. I also guarantee the NHL will change the rule as soon as the Oilers do it. So we win both ways

God I hope they move Kane
I hope they LTIR im until the playoffs. Lets them sign another top 6 winger. Have Kane fresh and healed up for the playoffs. I also guarantee the NHL will change the rule as soon as the Oilers do it. So we win both ways

Thomas Tatar

Go time in the Jeff Jackson era. Time to test two theories:

i. A former agent at the helm with drag contract costs and squeeze value
ii. Free agents will sacrifice bucks for a contending team (specifically one in Edmonton).
I do wonder if it is easier or more difficult for a previous agent to negotiate free agency with current agents. Like is that an advantage or disadvantage.

I agree with some folks here that maybe Jackson is prioritizing a GM hire over the free agents to allow the GM to leave their mark on the team. But this could be a trap because if you can't get your guy before free agency starts as we could be left holding the bag of shit when all the good options are gone.

Reactions: Oilhawks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I do wonder if it is easier or more difficult for a previous agent to negotiate free agency with current agents. Like is that an advantage or disadvantage.

I agree with some folks here that maybe Jackson is prioritizing a GM hire over the free agents to allow the GM to leave their mark on the team. But this could be a trap because if you can't get your guy before free agency starts as we could be left holding the bag of shit when all the good options are gone.

I have been pretty impressed with Kent Hughes for Montreal. Next few days will be telling for Jackson.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Does Campbell get traded or waived for purpose of a buyout tomorrow? Does Nurse-Ceci get a 4th year together to make sure that all Oilers fans have gray hair regardless of their age or does JJ have mercy on our souls and hair color and move out at least one of them? Does Kane get moved?
Nurse is a part of the core, has been drafted here. He will stay, not going anywhere. He can play 30 min game no problem, he can check, he can be mean, thats hard to replace. But of you find another guy with a mean streck, you chose him ocer 9m Nurse.
Those dollars could be 2/3 of bringing a top4D + a top6 winger.
Ceci is absolute replacable.

Ekholm Bouch
Broberg - new guy with a mean streck and able to log ice time
Kulak - whoever prospect inhouse that is NHL caliber

Yes, I prefer both nurse and ceci replaced.

Campbell - nobrainer buyout.

Kane? McLeod. We need one more top 6.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
No QO to Alex Nylander is interesting. CBJ traded for him as a reclamation project. He reclamated like an animal scoring 11G 4A 15P in 23 GP. A won trade looks to have happened. Is CBJ really moving on here?

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
He never said that. He said he doesn't see them signing any big ticket items (like Stamkos for example). He also said he doesnt want to stand pat and changes will be made. Listen to his interview on Oilers Now

My bad. I meant to put the word "very" before the word "active" in that statement. He said he's not going to be super active. Says he wants to possibly tinker here and there. So not very active.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Ya he was competing and one of the few players on their roster actually capable of making any sort of play to the net.
Nice. We'll need some cheap contracts to fill out this roster. Really sounds like a decent bet this guy.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
No one is saying every move. How about just the big ones? With analytics and scouting combined- big dollar pays need to work out every time. If there is even a little shadow of doubt- don’t invest.
There’s always a shadow of a doubt, especially when it comes to goalies.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Man I wish we could have moved Nurse. Idk if I’d even move Ceci right away, he could stay bottom pairing. We’d probably have enough to get a top 6 winger, keep our 3rd line and get a depth dman

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Unless Jackson moves out cap space, we will be lucky if we even get to sign a mid tier player.
Where are you guys getting this from? Yes they have roster spots to fill but they have $13m to spend and no big contract re-signs outside of possibly Henrique who is likely gone anyway. They'll have some money to spend and they have moveable contracts if they want to create more space.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $27,750.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $14,488.00