Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
IMO, the single most important move that has to be made prior to the trade deadline is to find Nurse a partner. Something to consider, we now have a management by committee approach so a lot of opinions have been factored into the recent moves. .

One of those opinions belongs to Knobloch. The failure of the Ceci / Nurse pairing would be obvious to him. He got to watch Nurse all year and maybe he feels like Enbersen is a good stylistic fit. Since he gets the final say on the roster, it wouldn't surprise me to see Enbersen got a long look at 2RD. If it fails, them Bowman has clear direction at deadline

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
From last years starting lineup, The Oilers have lost youth and speed (McLeod, Holloway, Broberg, Foegle) and replaced them with older (more experienced sigh) slower smaller weaker players (Skinner, Arvidsson, Henrique, Perry...)

Waiver wire pickups are now occupying the 2nd and 3rd pairings.

These moves and others make one believe that they know Drai is not signing long term and that Jackson was brought in to try and get Edmonton a cup before Drai/Connor leave. He purged the youthful mistakes (future) and brought in reliable vets (now).

Hopefully I am wrong. Whether or not Leon signs will be telling in the next few weeks. He is the biggest, second fastest guy on his line again. He will need to dig in the corners and play defense again because Arvidsson is too small and injury prone and Skinner wont. Doubt that makes him overly impressed.

Now they are also league chumps. Bouchard would be crazy not to wait for an offer sheet now because you can guarantee one will be on the way next year. Why would he want to stick around on an old declining team whose first line center is a 33 year old Nuge.

IMO, this offseason has definitely fallen from my original A rating. Oh well, that's the end of my vent.

Hopefully I am wrong and Draisaitl signs in the next few weeks. Cheers!
Over $6,435,187 – $8,580,2501st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick
Over $8,580,251 – $10,725,314Two 1st’s, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick
Over $10,725,315 – ∞Four 1st round picks

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well based on Bowmans interview, I don’t think Kane will be out all year so had to have some cap space available.

Will also be nice to run a full roster and some additional slots after a long playoff run. Been times last couple of years where we couldn’t even dress 20 players

Macblender

May 5, 2014
Well based on Bowmans interview, I don’t think Kane will be out all year so had to have some cap space available.

Will also be nice to run a full roster and some additional slots after a long playoff run. Been times last couple of years where we couldn’t even dress 20 players
Pretty much the last two years we havent been running a full roster. A full roster will definitely help as 11-7 which we were playing a lot of under woody isnt ideal for a forward getting double shifted.

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

So many moving parts to this decision to match or not, and that was certainly one of them. With an older team, we couldn’t afford to tightrope walk thru a 19 or 20 man roster.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
If that report that Broberg's agent introduced the Holloway offer sheet idea to Armstrong is true, I feel like maybe Broberg's agent was quite aggressive in seeking out an offer sheet. It does seem silly in hindsight to sign Perry, Brown, and to some extent even Janmark rather than figuring out these guys' contracts. But at least with Broberg, I think they were always going to wait until offer sheets became a possibility.

The rumoured ask of 1.8 for Broberg was also ridiculous.
Not surprising, if true. He's always been a ****. That's the type of move that would have me considering black balling all of his clients. Two of which are Zadina and Soderstrom.

Reactions: ujju2 and PGW

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I would hope management to start to game theory a potential Bouchard offer sheet.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
I don't think blaming any of our contracts that are in or around 1m makes any sense. Those contracts weren't prioritized over these players, those contracts were for needed depth, and could be moved easily if required.

There's a big part of me that wished we could have kept Broberg. I personally believe he will be worth that contract by next season, but this season was certainly questionable. Having him and Emberson both taking reps on the 2nd pair would have gone a long way.

The downside to matching Broberg is that's basically your defense for the year. Unless he's magically a top pair guys this season, I think we are all hoping for something better by the trade deadline. This year might be our best shot at the cup. So I'm for accruing space.

Reactions: ujju2

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Not surprising, if true. He's always been a ****. That's the type of move that would have me considering black balling all of his clients. Two of which are Zadina and Soderstrom.
Ya that's Darren Ferris. Known to be an agent who chases the biggest pay cheques for his clients, fit be damned.

Holloway got duped here. Rumors he is unhappy with his camp. Yes he signed the offer sheet, but what advice was he getting? His agent only has one client - Dylan Holloway. Maybe not for much longer.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Ya that's Darren Ferris. Known to be an agent who chases the biggest pay cheques for his clients, fit be damned.

Holloway got duped here. Rumors he is unhappy with his camp. Yes he signed the offer sheet, but what advice was he getting? His agent only has one client - Dylan Holloway. Maybe not for much longer.
Well that is one way for Holloway's agent to get his name out there.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I can't see the Oilers going with the current Dcore for much of the season. They probably have a plan in place for after game 1 of the season to add a RD.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Conincidently both guys might be good targets for the Oilers right now.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Oh wow. So I guess we are in full on panic now? Drai is leaving, McDavid is leaving, Bouchard is leaving! Yikes.

I think the offer sheets should result in somebody being fired, but holy hell, I don't think it affects McDrai signings in the least.
Like I said, if he isn't signed by camp. If he is then, I'm wrong concerning the pattern of moves. To be clear, Draisaitl has every right to try another market. He's been a good warrior with bad management.

They chose one year of Skinner and Perry over Broberg and possibly Holloway if they had signed them earlier.

That is disappointing. Fast and young for old and slow.

Who knows though. Maybe they have a plan to address that fact.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

I don't know, if you are signing an offer sheet you have to know what you are getting yourself into.

Soon as you sign that offer sheet you are 100% pissing off your current team's management and there is a good chance that the team who is up against the cap isn't going to match.

Unless of course his agent was lying to him all along about what was going on between his agent and the Oilers.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I don't know, if you are signing an offer sheet you have to know what you are getting yourself into.

Soon as you sign that offer sheet you are 100% pissing off your current team's management and there is a good chance that the team who is up against the cap isn't going to match.

Unless of course his agent was lying to him all along about what was going on between his agent and the Oilers.

Yeah and the offer sheet is in unison with another one to really put the screws to the team. Its not just your typical offer sheet. Not smart unless he wanted to be somewhere else.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Well Holloways interview he says Broberg approached him about it and doing it.

So I mean Broberg clearly wanted out.

Yeah I don’t think JJ/SB could salvage anything out of the Broberg situation. Guy didn’t want to be here. Maybe he could of got more in a trade but hard to say.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Guess we won’t do the Mark Stone cheat. Kinda discounted, not gonna lie.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005

An inexperienced agent with one client just might have said, sign it and the Oilers will surely match it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad