Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I just bought a wia

I just bought a williamite 1/2 crown from 1689 made out of gun metal so anything is possible.

What is that? - nvm, found out it’s an old coin. Been to a few numismatic auctions but for antique Militaria when offered. Numismatic collecting is pretty cool!

IMG_6765.jpeg

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
This Kane news pisses me off to no end. If he needed surgery why wait til training camp, months wasted and now games missed.

This is so f***ing stupid.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
This Kane news pisses me off to no end. If he needed surgery why wait til training camp, months wasted and now games missed.

This is so f***ing stupid.

Sorry but what a ridiculous, uneducated and rude comment.

It's Kanes body. It's his livelihood and career at stake, not to mention how this might impact his life after sports.

I can't fault Kane for waiting. The answer isn't always to rush into surgery. It makes a lot of sense to wait and reevaluate. He wanted to wait and see if it was needed or not. Many doctors recommend non-invasive treatments first. Typically surgery is only recommend if rehab is unsuccessful.

Also let's say that the surgery has an 80-90% success rate. That still means 10-20% are unsuccessful. His body might not heal properly. After a quick internet search some side effects include:

Adhesion
Bleeding or drainage at the surgical site
Bowel obstruction
Excessive swelling or bruising at the incision
Hernia recurrence
High fever (101 F or higher)
Increased redness at the incision area
Infection
Lingering pain
Mesh failure
Mesh rejection
Migration
Nausea or vomiting
Sudden increased pain in the surgical wound
Trouble urinating

But you know he's f***ing stupid or whatever.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Sorry but what a ridiculous, uneducated and rude comment.

It's Kanes body. It's his livelihood and career at stake, not to mention how this might impact his life after sports.

I can't fault Kane for waiting. The answer isn't always to rush into surgery. It makes a lot of sense to wait and reevaluate. He wanted to wait and see if it was needed or not. Many doctors recommend non-invasive treatments first. Typically surgery is only recommend if rehab is unsuccessful.

Also let's say that the surgery has an 80-90% success rate. That still means 10-20% are unsuccessful. His body might not heal properly. After a quick internet search some side effects include:

Adhesion
Bleeding or drainage at the surgical site
Bowel obstruction
Excessive swelling or bruising at the incision
Hernia recurrence
High fever (101 F or higher)
Increased redness at the incision area
Infection
Lingering pain
Mesh failure
Mesh rejection
Migration
Nausea or vomiting
Sudden increased pain in the surgical wound
Trouble urinating

But you know he's f***ing stupid or whatever.
He played through it all year and then missed 5 games in the final. Stupid is as stupid does.

Welcome to ignore with that shit.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Kane getting the surgery now was likely part of the plan all along. It allows them to "pull a Vegas" if they want. You can't come out and say that you are going to do this, so a smart organization would have planned for this, and purposely pushed out conflicting information into the media to make it LOOK like they weren't sure what would happen.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Kane getting the surgery now was likely part of the plan all along. It allows them to "pull a Vegas" if they want. You can't come out and say that you are going to do this, so a smart organization would have planned for this, and purposely pushed out conflicting information into the media to make it LOOK like they weren't sure what would happen.
This is only the case if he’s going by to be out all season. If it’s a 2-3 month recovery it hurts us, doesn’t help us.

A quick google search suggests the longest amount of time to recovery from a sports hernia surgery is 3 months.

Reactions: Messrules11

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
This is only the case if he’s going by to be out all season. If it’s a 2-3 month recovery it hurts us, doesn’t help us.

A quick google search suggests the longest amount of time to recovery from a sports hernia surgery is 3 months.

All that is required is a little "things aren't going as expected" comment in the media during recovery, and there ya go. Miraculously hurt until roughly April 1st

Reactions: Yeah15

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Wife’s friend died waiting to see an oncologist. 9-10 months. Never got in despite frantic pleas. And no, it was not in Alberta.

Guess it wasn’t life threatening enough.
Weird. My dad got in for surgery 3weeks after cancer was discovered in his colon and liver (Ontario) 3 years ago. My grandfather just had his knee operated on to clear an infection 6 days after being admitted to the hospital (in pei) juat last month.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Weird. My dad got in for surgery 3weeks after cancer was discovered in his colon and liver (Ontario) 3 years ago. My grandfather just had his knee operated on to clear an infection 6 days after being admitted to the hospital (in pei) juat last month.

No not weird. I’d say fairly normal from my recent experience.

Took my brother in law 6 months to see an oncologist in BC. By the time he saw him it was too late the cancer had spread. He died a few months later. Our investment advisor died at 41 waiting for a medical procedure in hospital. She wasn’t considered serious enough. A major lawsuit is pending on that one last time spoke to her husband.

I guess the 3 of them can’t complain about the system. Can’t raise hell when your in heaven.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I'd happily add Fowler if we could. He's like Ekholm in that he is a LD that plays the right side. It's not ideal but Fowler is a perfect stylistic complement to Nurse imo. Plus... he's for sale, probably because he wants to go to a winner

I bet Anaheim would retain.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003

This is the only thing that makes sense imo. They can be super vague about his recovery now and drag it out all year. Accrue as much cap space as possible and LTIR him when the chance comes for a proper D upgrade to put the team over the top for playoffs.

Reactions: JordanGalhanth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad