Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
At this point if Nurse played consistently like a $5-6M D man I would be happy.

~23 mins per night of uneventful hockey, 30-40 points, impactful on special teams, and has the ability to carry a lesser player on the pair. Just give me that.

Stauf4Prez

Designated Survivor
Jan 22, 2017
Edmonton
Of course Nurse has a chance to improve, he's a tremendous athlete but he's got the wrong attitude. Hopefully every journalist in the Nation and beyond making it crystal clear that his contract is a detriment to the Oilers chances at success moving forward is the steel-toed boot up his entitled ass he needs to recognize then correct the obvious shortcomings in his game.

The second I heard Emberson needed 50 games played this season for the Oilers to retain his rights as an RFA the fact won't escape my mind.

It's the responsibility of every poster on this forum to make it crystal clear to the Edmonton Oilers organization that playing this guy 50 or more games needs to be a priority. He'll gain invaluable experience while the Oilers retain a long term asset if they do right by the player.

He should play the first 50 games of the season if healthy. After that if they want to sit him they can consider it.
I think they expect him to be a roster player all season. I doubt the 50 games thing is even sitting in their minds right now tbh.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a Nurse Bouchard pairing and Ekholm Emberson pairing. Gives Coffey a chance to see if he can get more from Nurse when paired with an excellent puck mover and also if Bouchard wants to be one of the highest paid defenders in the league then he’s going to need to show he can hold his own away from Ekholm and he won’t fall apart when paired with a lesser defender.

It also gives them an opportunity to start Emberson with a steady partner where they can test him with some good minutes and comp.

They can always go back to Bouchard Ekholm but I think it would be good to test Bouchard in different scenarios and deployments before you make your decision on how you want to approach his extension.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a Nurse Bouchard pairing and Ekholm Emberson pairing. Gives Coffey a chance to see if he can get more from Nurse when paired with an excellent puck mover and also if Bouchard wants to be one of the highest paid defenders in the league then he’s going to need to show he can hold his own away from Ekholm and he won’t fall apart when paired with a lesser defender.

It also gives them an opportunity to start Emberson with a steady partner where they can test him with some good minutes and comp.

They can always go back to Bouchard Ekholm but I think it would be good to test Bouchard in different scenarios and deployments before you make your decision on how you want to approach his extension.

Sure why not. One of the issues with how this team is run is the steadfast refusal to try different things and then not knowing if something different could have worked.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
At this point if Nurse played consistently like a $5-6M D man I would be happy.

~23 mins per night of uneventful hockey, 30-40 points, impactful on special teams, and has the ability to carry a lesser player on the pair. Just give me that.
You just described a pretty high-end 2nd pair dman, or even #2 dman.

Reactions: Forgot About Drai

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
I certainly hope so, I don't love Broberg no longer being here, but getting Nurse away from Ceci should lead to improved things for him.

Sadly I'm not sure if Ceci was the problem in the end on that pair. Ceci was much better with Kulak and by the end their deployment and matchups weren't that much different than what the Nurse-Broberg pair were getting.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Friedman says Kevin Shattenkirk wants to come to Edmonton and a lot of players are taking Edmonton off of their no trade lists.
He believes McDavid is staying for sure

Interesting how things change.

When Shattenkirk was a Blue and on the trade block the Oilers were interested, but the rumour was to not even go there because he didn't want to play here ever.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Dude isnt wrong. And Nurse has been a bonafide tire fire in EVERY playoffs, it's way beyond 1 bad season

The Oilers don't need Nurse to make the playoffs and it's proven he is a liability 90% of the time post season.

The OPs logic is sound
Every playoffs?

You know that’s wrong, you don’t have to exaggerate to say that Nurse hasn’t been good enough

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Dude isnt wrong. And Nurse has been a bonafide tire fire in EVERY playoffs, it's way beyond 1 bad season

The Oilers don't need Nurse to make the playoffs and it's proven he is a liability 90% of the time post season.

The OPs logic is sound
You’re shitting me right? It makes no sense at all

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Every playoffs?

You know that’s wrong, you don’t have to exaggerate to say that Nurse hasn’t been good enough

Other than the bubble sweep against the Jets Nurse has been objectively bad every playoff since. It's three years in a row now where his game got worse in the playoffs, and has been a straight up liability at times in all three years.

This is pretty far from an exaggeration. Doesn't mean I think we wouldn't be impacted by him simply moving on without replacement, but it is accurate to say he stinks when the games get more important.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
My guess is they give him 10 games. If he looks good or like something they can work with, he fairly easily gets 50 games. If his first 10 are terrible, I think they waive him to try and send him down.
Yes. Now that Holland isn’t managing things, this is a possibility.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3

Man do I have a deal for them.

We did hear that Anaheim was one of the two teams interested in Kane. Not sure Kane would want to go back to California or not thought .They also have a buttload of cap space so I don't see retaining on Fowler as an issue. Three way trade:

Edmonton
Fowler @ 3.25M

Vancouver
Kane @ 2.55M

Anaheim:
EDM 2026 1st
VAN 2025 1st
Poolman

Am I crazy or does that actually sound like a good trade for all teams involved?

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Nurse has been excellent for us in every playoff except for last year. People have very short memories around here but when we lost to Vegas and Colorado both teams talked positively about Nurse after.
Marchessault said the Nurse suspension was a blessing for them to have a game without his physicality against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad