Juraj Slafkovsky vs Ivan Demidov. Who will be the better player?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who will be the better player ?

• Juraj Slafkovsky

Votes: 31 41.9%
  • Ivan Demidov

Votes: 43 58.1%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DitchMarner

TheGlitchintheSwitch
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
From what I've seen and heard, I'd say Demidov has higher upside. I think Slaf has proven that he won't be a bust and should at least be a good top six player. If Demidov falls short of expectations, I can see him being a lesser player than Slafkovsky.

That said, I'm going to predict Demidov ends up the better player.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I went with Slafkovsky.

I think his potential is unknown at this point. He's a physical specimen. His size and skill is very unique. He has incredible vision and a lethal shot. I think he only started to scratch the surface in the second half of last season.

Reactions: loadie

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
I think that Demidov is the more talented between the two and has more potential, but Slaf's floor is higher, and should be dominant too
The dude's barely 20 and he's already a f***ing animal
Plus he looked fantastic in the second half of last year

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Both will be beasts but I went demidov. Shiny new toy syndrome.

This ain't no knock, but I see slaf being more reliant on his linemates to produce, whereas demidov can do everything all by himself. Also see higher IQ in demidov.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Slaf for sure, was a better prospect too imo, I think Demidov will be a fine player but I think he’s lesser. I think Slaf has the potential to hold top 10-15 player value in the NHL if he continues to progress, he’s a unicorn.

Reactions: Canadienna

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This is a tough one. I was not at all high on Slafkovsky pre-draft, but he's proven me wrong. I really liked Demidov pre-draft and am still excited.

Safe bet is on Demidov outscoring Slafkovsky if both live up to potential, but Slafkovsky could easily be a 90+ point scorer, great defensively, and absolutely wreak havoc in ways that don't show up on the scoresheet.

I voted Slafkovsky, but man am I ever happy to have both. They, along with Suzuki, have the makings of a perfectly well rounded 1st line. All three can make absurd plays or score. They'd be reliable defensively as a line too.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
I'm rooting for Slafkovsky but Demidov seems to have the higher upside.

Can't really go wrong with either one though, both are really exciting players to follow in different ways.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
For me it's definitely Slaf, He will get to a point where he'll be able to slow down the game while he has the puck, That will enable teammates to settle down in the OZ and set up plays.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
More talented? Or more skilled

in this case I think talent is all encompassing while skill is meant as finesse and being able to dance all over the ice effortlessly.

In this case:

Demidov is clearly the more skilled player between the two, even tho Slaf is himself super skilled, he ain't Demidov
Not a lot of players currently playing in the NHL are at Demidov's level of talent
However, Slaf bring physical tools to the table that Demidov could only dream of

At the end of the day tho, between the two of them, I'd still pick Demidov, as of now
Answer might change in the future

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad