Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
We've gotten some decent RHD prospects still. Paul Fischer, Max Wanner, Beau Akey. But... if we had Kesselring, our D core would be set.

Ekholm Bouchard
Nurse Kesselring
Kulak Emberson

I still hate that Bjugstad trade
How would it be set?

It’s funny how you have such an issue with stecher and they have fairly similar analytic results

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Was Kesselring projecting to be where you've penciled him in within 2 years, though?
Not that year no. I thought that, after our playoff run, he'd make the team as bottom pair and be top 4 this season or the next. I still wish we hadn't thrown him away for a rental

How would it be set?

It’s funny how you have such an issue with stecher and they have fairly similar analytic results
I'm not a Stecher fan. He's had years to prove he can play top 4 and I haven't seen him live up to it. Neither did other teams or they would've signed him.

Why do you have such a problem with me? It seems like whatever I say, you always get at me.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not that year no. I thought that, after our playoff run, he'd make the team as bottom pair and be top 4 this season or the next. I still wish we hadn't thrown him away for a rental

I'm not a Stecher fan. He's had years to prove he can play top 4 and I haven't seen him live up to it. Neither did other teams or they would've signed him.

Why do you have such a problem with me? It seems like whatever I say, you always get at me.
Because you make statements and dodge questions, like laughing at stecher being in the lineup and then never answering why.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Because you make statements and dodge questions, like laughing at stecher being in the lineup and then never answering why.
I dodge questions? What the? Are you just so centralized around me? Fine. You want to know why I don't think Stecher should be in the lineup? He has very limited hockey IQ. The biggest attribute for me when playing hockey is hockey IQ. If a player has questionable hockey sense, they won't be able to handle the role they are given.

Yakupov proved that. Pouliot proved that. Stecher also is very small and his defensive game isn't the best. Nurse with him would be a nightmare pairing.

Hockey IQ is the biggest reason why I have no faith in Stecher and I think, when it comes to drafting, it's the most important attribute to look at. I know you rely on analytics which is fine. We all look at hockey differently sometimes.

There's your answer. I hope it is sufficient

Last edited:

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If Stecher is the teams full time, 2nd pairing D then we can kiss winning a Cup this year goodbye. He's a fine 6/7 but that's about it.
Yeah, just like ceci was a fine #6 and we still came within a goal of the cup

I dodge questions? What the? Are you just so centralized around me? Fine. You want to know why I don't think Stecher should be in the lineup? He has very limited hockey IQ. The biggest attribute for me when playing hockey is hockey IQ. If a player has questionable hockey sense, they won't be able to handle the role they are given.

Yakupov proved that. Pouliot proved that. Stecher also is very small and his defensive game isn't the best. Nurse with him would be a nightmare pairing.

Hockey IQ is the biggest reason why I have no faith in Stecher and I think, when it comes to drafting, it's the most important attribute to look at. I know you rely on analytics which is fine. We all look at hockey differently sometimes.

There's your answer. I hope it is sufficient
Limited hockey IQ?

It sounds like you don’t really know the player

Reactions: Sheikyerbouti

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yeah, just like ceci was a fine #6 and we still came within a goal of the cup

Limited hockey IQ?

It sounds like you don’t really know the player
Yes limited hockey IQ. He has a lot of skill but I don't see much when it comes to hockey sense. If you don't agree, I understand. I may end up being completely wrong. But I just don't see what you see in him

Reactions: VeteranPresence

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes limited hockey IQ. He has a lot of skill but I don't see much when it comes to hockey sense. If you don't agree, I understand. I may end up being completely wrong. But I just don't see what you see in him
You’re the first person I’ve heard of talking about stecher with limited hockey iq

Reactions: smokersarejokers

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
You’re the first person I’ve heard of talking about stecher with limited hockey iq
Okay. Well it's what I've seen with him. I don't get why you're so upset about my opinion of him. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on a player?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Is this guy quietly going to put up 40 goals for only 3M?

Scored a lot more goals from in and around - close to the net than I expected. Guess it makes sense. Hard to score 40 goals without being infront of the net unless you’re Draisaitl.

Reactions: McDoused

commie

Jul 30, 2005
Evander Kane was never healthy scratched because outside of maybe the first 20 games he was never healthy.

and in the first 20 games, he was one of very few that was generating any sustained offence.

When healthy, he is still very much the unicorn player, a power forward heavy hitting force that can still pot in 25-30 goals.

Reactions: Duke74

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Okay. Well it's what I've seen with him. I don't get why you're so upset about my opinion of him. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on a player?
stecher is a fire sale in his own zone, watch him in the playoffs before the oilers got him, hes a fine back up 7 d man but to play him like a top 6 is a disaster waiting to happen

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
If Stecher is the teams full time, 2nd pairing D then we can kiss winning a Cup this year goodbye. He's a fine 6/7 but that's about it.
Based on what? He had good analytics last year playing top 4 on a bad Arizona team. They were far superior than Ceci and we managed to get to the finals with him

Ceci is a way better Dman than Stecher.
No he is not

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Here's a random name (so I can look like a genius if a trade randomly happens :D): Joey Keane.

25 year old rightie owned by Carolina. He had some solid AHL seasons while blocked by Carolina's D and then went to the KHL for some reason where he had a couple good years.

He made the AHL All-Rookie Team and All-Star team with Knoblauch in Hartford and played his first junior hockey in Dubuque after now Oiler, Kalle Larsson, brought him in.

Maybe toss a Conditional 7th rounder or something for him, sign him to a league minimum deal and see if he can play.

Reactions: Bobieque

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Scored a lot more goals from in and around - close to the net than I expected. Guess it makes sense. Hard to score 40 goals without being infront of the net unless you’re Draisaitl.

This is what has me excited about the acquisition.

The Oilers had finishing problems last year, and much of that was due to a preference for our scoring players to score from distance and off passing plays vs grime around the net. Hyman is really our only player that scored goals primarily from around the crease, but now we have another to take out the trash.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad