Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
What makes him a sack of shit?
Genuinely curious.
Anthony D'Angelo, did you forget?

I thought there was a story of him bully a neuro divergent black teen when he was younger as well, but I couldn't find the story. (Might be a different player)

He's just a sack of shit, so also being bad at hockey just makes things bad.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

I thought there was a story of him bully a neuro divergent black teen when he was younger as well, but I couldn't find the story. (Might be a different player)

edit: wrong guy

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Mitchell Miller is who you're thinking about.

Easy stuff to look up.

I believe you are talking about Logan Mailloux
Nope.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I know people will scoff at the idea, but weren't Mark Giordano's advanced numbers fairly decent even though he only played half the season? He's old as dirt but what's the risk on a PTO and low salary.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Moneyball Effect. Belief that hidden latent potential lurks just beneath the surface in players within poor situations or teams. Small sample size can have a distortion effect and spreadsheet without eye support.

Emberson is clearly an information based dice roll. But it's qualified by the savvy eye test of the current head coach who had a one-year runway with the player.

You're describing the use of analytics. I'm not familiar with Lindstrom's, but can you point at any that can shed light on his upside?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Hyman is already back in town. Not sure if that's because his wife is expecting their 3rd child soon or not.. but the Hyman family is already back in Edmonton. Wonder if all the boys are going to be coming back early for an early Captains skate like last year

I doubt it. They had a very long season and the Captains skates totally backfired last year as McDavid and Ekholm were injured in them prior to the preseason even starting and we got off to that terrible start.

Stauffer was saying they aren’t as well.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I doubt it. They had a very long season and the Captains skates totally backfired last year as McDavid and Ekholm were injured in them prior to the preseason even starting and we got off to that terrible start.

Stauffer was saying they aren’t as well.

They shouldn't do it. The season ran very late, it's more important to have the extra 1-2 weeks to recharge with. It didn't help at all last year anyway, lol.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I guess I prefer Barrie over Schultz and Shat. We don't need him with Bouch but if Bouch was ever to miss time we don't have anyone but Ek who can even hit the net from the blue line.
I prefer Shattenkirk of those 3, he had the best results on paper last season, he did it on a strong team and in an offensively biased role, but the core of his game is intelligence and passing which tends to hold up better with age.

Barries I want least his game is largely based on puck rushing, I think that element of his game is effectively dead cause he lacks the speed for it and he is weak on d-zone puck retrievals. I think the book on him is you dump it in his corner and get the puck back without much resistance.

Schultz I'm a little curious if Coffey is the guy to resurrect his career, but he's a guy that needs a pretty extreme o-zone bias to justify his spot and how terrible his goal differential was despite that is very worrying.

McDNicks17 said:
Would be nice if true. He's what people think Larsson is over there, but about three times as good.

I don't know about 3 times as good, but he is the guy I want, I think he is underrated and one of the better value propositions around.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
I know Barrie is a funny guy and stuff, but I don't see how he's even remotely an upgrade over Stecher.

Kinda surprised so many people want to bring him back. If they're going PTO, Schultz or Shattenkirk are your only options IMO.

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
Hyman is already back in town. Not sure if that's because his wife is expecting their 3rd child soon or not.. but the Hyman family is already back in Edmonton. Wonder if all the boys are going to be coming back early for an early Captains skate like last year
Arvidsson and Skinner were in town skating on the community rink ice at Rogers on Monday.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Nashville has 3 1st rounders this year and already 3 million in cap space (not sure how much that will amount to by the TDL). They are going to outbid anyone (they want a RD just as much as us).
Nashville for all the fanfare about their UFA signing have a really average bottom 6 forward group.

1000000475.png

My guess is that they spend their draft capital doing trades like the Oilers did last season for players like Henrique and Carrick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad