Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Both could be true. Look no further than Evander Kane.

I don't understand the Lindstrom hype. Are people looking at anything other than his age? He just came from 3 of the worst defenses in the NHL without being able to establish himself as a regular on any of them.

Please someone explain what this upside is.
Moneyball Effect. Belief that hidden latent potential lurks just beneath the surface in players within poor situations or teams. Small sample size can have a distortion effect and spreadsheet without eye support.

Emberson is clearly an information based dice roll. But it's qualified by the savvy eye test of the current head coach who had a one-year runway with the player.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Hyman is already back in town. Not sure if that's because his wife is expecting their 3rd child soon or not.. but the Hyman family is already back in Edmonton. Wonder if all the boys are going to be coming back early for an early Captains skate like last year
After the long haul of the playoffs, more likely they will wait for training camp this year.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Hyman is already back in town. Not sure if that's because his wife is expecting their 3rd child soon or not.. but the Hyman family is already back in Edmonton. Wonder if all the boys are going to be coming back early for an early Captains skate like last year
No captains skate. Just rest. Same systems as last year.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
I guess I prefer Barrie over Schultz and Shat. We don't need him with Bouch but if Bouch was ever to miss time we don't have anyone but Ek who can even hit the net from the blue line.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Can I just say it's nice that we may actually have a decent team in Bako for once this year? Assuming Savoie, Lavoie, and Hamblin all start the year down there, we could have a Calder Cup contender in the making:

Jarventie-Savoie-Lavoie
Hamblin-Pederson-Griffith
Caggiula-Philp-Petrov
Grubbe-Stefan
Berglund, Stonehouse

Gleason-Brown
Dineen-Kemp
Hoefenmayer-Wanner
Carrick

Rodrigue
Delia

There are so many similar D down there I could see an 11F/7D rotation unless Kemp is dealt for a forward of similar pedigree.
I like that 1st line combo but I think that if Lavoie doesn't make the Oilers then they probably do him a favor and trade him somewhere for ???? well, I don't know what but San Jose is rebuilding and might want to give a younger player a shot.

He's not going to get any better in Bako so its time to fish or cut bait.

Reactions: Duke74

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I guess I prefer Barrie over Schultz and Shat. We don't need him with Bouch but if Bouch was ever to miss time we don't have anyone but Ek who can even hit the net from the blue line.
I agree, I’ve never been a fan of retreads but if Bouchard is out that’s a problem. Barrie at a fair price isn’t a bad idea.
Still bigger fish to fry on the D though.

And we wait.

Reactions: Louis Cypher

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
All,

Staples mentioned D’Angelo as someone to look at. I can’t remember, but isn’t he a bit of a head case? (D’Angelo, not Staples….thats a debate for another thread) I know the troops here will educate me ;):thumbu:

Thanks in advance

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
All,

Staples mentioned D’Angelo as someone to look at. I can’t remember, but isn’t he a bit of a head case? (D’Angelo, not Staples….thats a debate for another thread) I know the troops here will educate me ;):thumbu:

Thanks in advance
Of course Staples did. D'Angelo, besides being a sack of shit, is also not good at all. He's not an NHL defenseman anymore. The Canes barely used him.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
I hope not. It didn’t seem to help…

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Your heroism is noted. He's a sack of shit, just full stop. It's not a debate, that's the guy. He's also not good at anymore, so that makes him untenable.
Dude is only 28 and Nurse knows him and probably what kind of a guy he is. Unlike Barrie, Schultz and Shattenkirk he is in his physical prime. Pickins are slim and maybe Bowman would be willing to give him a 2nd (5th?) chance to right his ship? we are in a cap position where we can't be overly choosy.

Reactions: brentashton

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Nashville has 3 1st rounders this year and already 3 million in cap space (not sure how much that will amount to by the TDL). They are going to outbid anyone (they want a RD just as much as us).

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Oh really? Hilarious how you think Stecher is something great yet no one wanted him
You've kept dodging the question when people ask why you dont like him?

He was going to play in the playoffs if he wasnt injured, played well with Nurse last year, was also playing top 4 in arizona and doing pretty good.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Dude is only 28 and Nurse knows him and probably what kind of a guy he is. Unlike Barrie, Schultz and Shattenkirk he is in his physical prime. Pickins are slim and maybe Bowman would be willing to give him a 2nd (5th?) chance to right his ship? we are in a cap position where we can't be overly choosy.

Even if after ignoring DeAngelo's on/off ice issues, he's beyond awful defensively.
He's not even worth a bandaid solution on this team.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Even if after ignoring DeAngelo's on/off ice issues, he's beyond awful defensively.
He's not even worth a bandaid solution on this team.
Yeah awful defensively is right, this is a hard no for me. Ranger fans still run him down.

Reactions: McAsuno

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
What makes him a sack of shit?
Genuinely curious.

I’m pretty sure he said some racist shit in junior

Also he’s been suspended I believe for abuse of officials and got into an altercation with georgiev while on the rangers

Doesn’t really seem like a locker room guy lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad