Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Heard barrie might come here on a PTO? Barf

Why did Nashville keep scratching him
I'd be fine with Barrie on a PTO - there's certainly no harm and more competition in camp will be key. I would love to bring in another young guy to challenge like Soderstrom and end up having Soderstrom, Barrie, Stecher, Emberson, Brown, Dineen, and Gleason battle for those last two spots assuming this is our locked in lineup right now:

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-XXXXX
Kulak-XXXXX

Has Gleason ever played the right side before? People forget he should have made the team out of camp last year based on his play and he had a good year down in Bakersfield.

We sort of know what we have in Stecher so I'd like to get a few young guys in (Lindstrom is another interesting name) as they might surprise and play above their reputation. Based on this lineup we're really banking on the analytics people being correct on Emberson.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Let's hope so because if he gets any worse or even stays the same as last season we are in deep shit.
I think theres a good chance Nurse looks better with Stecher than Ceci.

Ceci was terrible at retrievals and getting the puck out.

Looked much better than Ceci there but I do wonder if he can physically hold up to the entire regular and then posts season. He moves the puck quickly and crisply.
Yeah, thats a fair point.

It's unfortunate he was unable to play any games in the playoffs, I think he would've been the first option instead of broberg.

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
LHD: Ekholm, Nurse, Kulak
RHD: Bouchard, Emberson, Brown, Stetcher

Unless Nurse comes back greatly improved and one of Emberson, Brown and Stetcher prove to be a #4 defenseman this is not a good enough defense for a team with cup aspirations.

Nurse needs a puck mover. If the Oilers can find one, that would help that second pairing a lot.

Kulak Emberson/Stecher/Brown should be a sufficient third pair.

A reasonably competent RHD puck mover should be all that is needed.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Nurse needs a puck mover. If the Oilers can find one, that would help that second pairing a lot.

Kulak Emberson/Stecher/Brown should be a sufficient third pair.

A reasonably competent RHD puck mover should be all that is needed.
That puck mover also needs to cover some of Nurse's defensive brain farts. Let's hope that Emberson comes in and does really well and that we can extend him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'd be fine with Barrie on a PTO - there's certainly no harm and more competition in camp will be key. I would love to bring in another young guy to challenge like Soderstrom and end up having Soderstrom, Barrie, Stecher, Emberson, Brown, Dineen, and Gleason battle for those last two spots assuming this is our locked in lineup right now:

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-XXXXX
Kulak-XXXXX

Has Gleason ever played the right side before? People forget he should have made the team out of camp last year based on his play and he had a good year down in Bakersfield.

We sort of know what we have in Stecher so I'd like to get a few young guys in (Lindstrom is another interesting name) as they might surprise and play above their reputation. Based on this lineup we're really banking on the analytics people being correct on Emberson.

Ekholm-Bouchard
Nurse-Emberson
Kulak-Stecher/Brown
Barrie

I think Emberson takes the 2RD job. Stecher/Brown/Barrie fight it out over 2 spots. Gleason comes up with a LD injury.

Senor Catface

Jul 25, 2006
Start of the Kemp dynasty.

I think he’ll get 15-20 games and make the team full-time next year.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Stetcher has nearly 500 GP in the NHL over the last 8 years. Is there a reason you think he’s not an option for the 3rd pair?
He’s not 6’5” so to some it means he can’t play. Or they’ve never really paid any attention to him, much like Emberson, and instead of admitting they don’t know much about the player, they continue to insist he shouldn’t be an option.

Reactions: Leo360

gordonhught

Feb 18, 2009
Barrie just needs to be a stop gap. Good guy. If he can squeeze out a decent half season, that might be all that is needed before the trade deadline.

Vet.

Reactions: ujju2 and McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I don’t see the issue in calling up Barrie and asking if he wants to go on a cup run for a min contract.

He knows the players. He probably will QB the pp2. Lots of experience playing with Nurse if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad