Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
LHD: Ekholm, Nurse, Kulak
RHD: Bouchard, Emberson, Brown, Stetcher

Unless Nurse comes back greatly improved and one of Emberson, Brown and Stetcher prove to be a #4 defenseman this is not a good enough defense for a team with cup aspirations.

I would ask though, lets say they bring Ceci back for peanuts at the deadline. That's 5/6 D returning on a team that was in game 7 of a Cup Final. Is that a non-contender or not? So Ceci is basically the difference?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
LHD: Ekholm, Nurse, Kulak
RHD: Bouchard, Emberson, Brown, Stetcher

Unless Nurse comes back greatly improved and one of Emberson, Brown and Stetcher prove to be a #4 defenseman this is not a good enough defense for a team with cup aspirations.
Please take Stecher and Brown out of that equation lmfao

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think the D is basically set for camp. A LHD on a PTO might be nice, but there isn't really any room in Bako to sign anyone beyond that. Might be worth just giving the reps to Gleason and Dineen since they're the likely LHD call-up options.

Emberson will surprise and they'll add a decent piece at the deadline. I'm not worried.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
The Oilers should call Utah and see if you can do something like Nurse++++ for Weber and Valamaki

The Oilers can stretch their LTIR to fill their holes, Utah improves their depth.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Please take Stecher and Brown out of that equation lmfao
IMO both are fine as 3rd pairing or #7D and are paid accordingly. Brown brings more physicality than Desharnais did and Stetcher better puck moving.
I would ask though, lets say they bring Ceci back for peanuts at the deadline. That's 5/6 D returning on a team that was in game 7 of a Cup Final. Is that a non-contender or not? So Ceci is basically the difference?
I want no part of Ceci unless it's as a 3rd pairing D because our existing ones shit the bed.

Reactions: TheGingaNinja

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Utah is not Arizona. The days of shipping cap to that organization are likely over.
So yeah, which is why they send their dead cap to the Oilers for an actual player. They still have over $9M of cap space even after this deal.

Those +s won't be 3rd and 4th round picks.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
So yeah, which is why they send their dead cap to the Oilers for an actual player. They still have over $9M of cap space even after this deal.

Those +s won't be 3rd and 4th round picks.
Why would any team want Nurse at his current contract? At best if he agreed to be traded we'd probably have to retain or pay another team to retain on him.

Reactions: Vagabond

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
The D is a priority….still. However, we have signed some new bodies that we/coaches/GM have not seen perform yet, in our team context.
Before we go and add more bodies, let’s evaluate where our strengths and weaknesses are, at least until the New Year.
Also, at that time we will have a clearer idea of which teams will likely be sellers. If we get some short term injuries on D, use Bako players to fill in.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Heard barrie might come here on a PTO? Barf

Why did Nashville keep scratching him
He's basically a bigger Stetcher. His play dropped off a cliff in Nashville and he was pretty PP reliant at the end here. I like the person and he was good for us, but I'm not sure this is the right move. If we end up signing him then I assume that Stetcher hits waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad