Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I think it might be tough to upgrade at D this deadline. Prices are just too high. If we can't make a Karlsson trade happen there's not a lot of significant upgrades out there. Assuming we swing and miss on Karlsson and are running our 11 F 7 D set up I see Derrick Ryan and Holloway as positions we could make big upgrades on. Not saying we get rid of either of those players. I think Ryan is a really nice utility player to have around, and Holloway just needs some more seasoning.

That being said if we could bring in a ROR or Toews That would be a massive upgrade on one of Ryan or Holloway. If we really wanted to swing for the fences getting a package of either ROR/Barbashev, or Toews/Lafferty would be a very nice upgrade to our forward group.

Running 11 F consisting of:

Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Hymen
Kane
Yamamoto
Kostin
Janmark
Foegele (Holloway?)
Ryan ROR/Toews
Holloway Barbashev/Lafferty

Thats a very nice group of forwards. Run our 7 D we have which I honestly don't mind. Cost is probably 2 firsts and Puljujarvi out the door. Would need 50% retention on a either of the 2 players and probably have to ship Foegele out as well actually, so maybe you run Holloway in his spot. I'd be pretty happy with that if we can't make a Karlsson trade work. I think Karlsson is more of a summertime deal if it's going to happen at all.

Thoughts?
Derek Ryan > Toews

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Derek Ryan > Toews
Hmm. Don't think I can agree with that. Not if we're talking hockey skill. If we're talking about a guy that may have looked the other way while a teammate was sexually assaulted then I'm in full agreement

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Hot take but maybe real : Maybe the demotion of Holloway and Vinny will happen if the trade doesn't get finished tomorrow

KanesThrowaway

Aug 24, 2021
There are no trades in the hopper right now. However, in this business that can turn on a dime. It's quiet. The team has made an offer though. A quiet offer. The math just doesn't work, unless it's dollars-in-dollars-out, then it works. That being said I can't see how they can put together a package, but they could if they put the right pieces in the package. It's tough. You can't squeeze guys in this league. It's dollars-in-dollars-out. My sense is tomorrow could be interesting for Oiler fans, but it also might be more of a summer thing.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Yup, all the smoke about him being an off-season acquisition (meh) is likely true. If JP is traded tomorrow it’ll be for someone else or straight up cap relief
What? Because he hasn't been held out for trade related reasons? Lmfao. Neither has Meier or Barbashev or anyone else except two Dmen

North

Jun 25, 2009
There are no trades in the hopper right now. However, in this business that can turn on a dime. It's quiet. The team has made an offer though. A quiet offer. The math just doesn't work, unless it's dollars-in-dollars-out, then it works. That being said I can't see how they can put together a package, but they could if they put the right pieces in the package. It's tough. You can't squeeze guys in this league. It's dollars-in-dollars-out. My sense is tomorrow could be interesting for Oiler fans, but it also might be more of a summer thing.
Pretty good summary.

Reactions: gordonhught

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Now you've peaked my interest

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
What? Because he hasn't been held out for trade related reasons? Lmfao. Neither has Meier or Barbashev or anyone else except two Dmen

Why would they not hold him out if a trade was pending? You protect the asset. Neither of those guys have been traded either...

Yamamoto isn't a 4th liner

Made a mistake, I actually meant JP and not 'activate', more 'not waive'. I think Yamamoto is a 3rd liner if healthy.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Karlsson please don’t get hurt . Just bring your C game tonight, we will be ok with that

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Yamamoto is not good enough to play top 6 and not big enough to play bottom 6. Also frequently injured, that's what Yamamoto is. And yet so well liked by all the short-legged fans.
Yamo potted 20g last year and plays a heavier game than half his teammates that weigh twice what he does. Had some injury trouble this year. There's a reason his teammates like playing with him

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My sources say it's possible. Good chance it's true. Also a good chance it's not

DD48C970-729F-44EF-8A55-7245FAA0B23A.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez and Skar

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Given that Karlsson is playing tonight and Chychrun is still being scratched do we think that hes a more realistic get? His cap is easier to absorb. Or is it Karlsson or bust?

Kaptah

Jul 15, 2007
Sources say Jesse Puljujarvi might be traded for a conditional pick. The condition is Kaptah has to post on the acquiring team's board and the Oilers get $3 million in capspace. :D

(Just busting your chops Kaptah)
I absolutely will post on the acquiring team's board! Also continue to post on Oil board.

Reactions: Ritchie Valens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad