Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Karlsson’s playing tonight FWIW.

Also - if we send Vinny/Desharnais “down”, can it be a paper transaction? Or do they have to report to Bakersfield?

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
Analytics guys didn't watch JP play last nite, or ever. That wiff and fall down on a gift from the boards yesterday is about the 100th time you've seen that from him
lol ya that wasnt his best moment

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Karlsson’s playing tonight FWIW.

Also - if we send Vinny/Desharnais “down”, can it be a paper transaction? Or do they have to report to Bakersfield?

Yup, all the smoke about him being an off-season acquisition (meh) is likely true. If JP is traded tomorrow it’ll be for someone else or straight up cap relief

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yup, all the smoke about him being an off-season acquisition (meh) is likely true. If JP is traded tomorrow it’ll be for someone else or straight up cap relief
There is very little smoke about it being off season. Players don’t always get sat before a trade, and if they do it’s usually only guys who are pending UFAs and within a week of the deadline. Gavrikov and Chychrun sitting are just negotiation tactics.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
That’s the nature of the beast when a players cap hit doesn’t equal his performance. Oilers need to upgrade, he’s not performing and they need his cap space if they’re going to try and make another run. If he was making Kostin money, he’d be fine.
sure if there is a trade in the works to use that cap space or upgrade. seems like the oilers still won't have enough cap space even if jesse is sent down/claimed. And if he is claimed, then we lose someone who can slot in for injuries during the playoffs for nothing.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Analytics guys didn't watch JP play last nite, or ever. That wiff and fall down on a gift from the boards yesterday is about the 100th time you've seen that from him
To be fair on the whif the puck was in too tight to his body. I'll shit on Puljujarvi all day long, but not for that. Any player would have struggled with that

Reactions: nabob and WEMCHUD

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I don't really even care, this is the roster we have now, at least Yamamoto makes the odd positive play, Janmark/Foegele/Puljujarvi simply can't play in the top 6. Watching Janmark and Foegele there last night was embarrassing.
3M against the cap... he should never have been qualified. Even if he was qualified which current NHL comparables to Yamamoto got 3M because of the threat of an arbitration ruling giving them more. Only one answer. Puljujarvi. We got both of them, screwed over twice.

This fanbase is gaslit by the media and it's deplorable. It's a freaking joke and the club is about to either pay to flush this little turd once and for all, and/or Puljujarvi and/or Foegele, and then we'll probably still miss out on cream of the crop trades that the fanbase is rabid over as the money in money out punchline... but yeah, Yamamoto if fine. I can't take it anymore.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2013
I am not in favor of a Karlsson trade if Vinnie D and/or Kane are involved ... just speculating because they, along with the Scarecrow, sat today - coach referring to "maintenance days." Those two make up almost all our grit. They're the kind of players we need in the playoffs. Hoping it really was a maintenance day for the two ... Jesse "scarecrow" Puljujarvi can be fired into the sun for all I care.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I am not in favor of a Karlsson trade if Vinnie D and/or Kane are involved ... just speculating because they, along with the Scarecrow, sat today - coach referring to "maintenance days." Those two make up almost all our grit. They're the kind of players we need in the playoffs. Hoping it really was a maintenance day for the two ... Jesse "scarecrow" Puljujarvi can be fired into the sun for all I care.

Kane back to the sharks? Maybe in a parallel universe. Literally 0% chance he gets traded there

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

What?

The rumored ask is Bouchard, Barrie, Foegele, and 2 firsts.

Reactions: McDoused

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
That smile is the Erik Karlsson is an oiler , Smile.

Stupid Sexy Karlsson

erik-karlsson-san-jose-sharks.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad