Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Karlsson does not work unless San Jose retains not only at least 4M per season, but also takes on Barrie, Pulju/Yamamoto and Foegele. We can't ice a full lineup without all three going back. The money itself does not add up. We don't even have to get into the amount of assets it would take for the Sharks to take on this money. Not to mention, moving 3 players out of this lineup could be a huge problem for our team chemistry.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
If he was still making 1M, these conversations would be different but he’s not.
i'm not arguing that he's not overpaid or this season hasn't been VERY disappointing for Jesse, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to lose him for nothing if he gets claimed on waivers. He's a warm body you can slot in the for the playoffs when injuries inevitably happen.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
All the hand-wringing about losing to bad teams, the Jets just lost in regulation to the Jackets. Obviously they have a more secure playoff spot at the moment, but still

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers only have 1 regulation loss in the last 13 and they are still in a wild card spot... shows you the parity level in this league and how hard it is to gain ground.

WEMCHUD

Oct 28, 2014
3rd time JP has been in heavy trade rumors. 3rd time being reported NOBODY is interested.

Believing in magic beans i see
why would teams want to help out the oilers when they can just sign jesse in the summer after the oilers don't qualify him?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
no he didn't lol
he called it a maintenance day

Whatever that means

The Oilers were without Evander Kane, Jesse Puljujarvi and Vincent Desharnais for practice on Thursday, with Woodcroft confirming maintenance days for all three players

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
i'm not arguing that he's not overpaid or this season hasn't been VERY disappointing for Jesse, I'm just saying it doesn't make sense to lose him for nothing if he gets claimed on waivers. He's a warm body you can slot in the for the playoffs when injuries inevitably happen.
That’s the nature of the beast when a players cap hit doesn’t equal his performance. Oilers need to upgrade, he’s not performing and they need his cap space if they’re going to try and make another run. If he was making Kostin money, he’d be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad