Rumor: Rumors & Proposals: "But it was not, an interesting day" - the narrator

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Will it be an interesting (Fri)day in Oil Country?

• Sources say it could be

Votes: 21 15.7%
  • Sources say nothing imminent

Votes: 19 14.2%
  • Sources say tarot cards are my sources

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Sources say "ask again later".

Votes: 63 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I think it might be tough to upgrade at D this deadline. Prices are just too high. If we can't make a Karlsson trade happen there's not a lot of significant upgrades out there. Assuming we swing and miss on Karlsson and are running our 11 F 7 D set up I see Derrick Ryan and Holloway as positions we could make big upgrades on. Not saying we get rid of either of those players. I think Ryan is a really nice utility player to have around, and Holloway just needs some more seasoning.

That being said if we could bring in a ROR or Toews That would be a massive upgrade on one of Ryan or Holloway. If we really wanted to swing for the fences getting a package of either ROR/Barbashev, or Toews/Lafferty would be a very nice upgrade to our forward group.

Running 11 F consisting of:

Mcdavid
Drai
Nuge
Hymen
Kane
Yamamoto
Kostin
Janmark
Foegele (Holloway?)
Ryan ROR/Toews
Holloway Barbashev/Lafferty

Thats a very nice group of forwards. Run our 7 D we have which I honestly don't mind. Cost is probably 2 firsts and Puljujarvi out the door. Would need 50% retention on a either of the 2 players and probably have to ship Foegele out as well actually, so maybe you run Holloway in his spot. I'd be pretty happy with that if we can't make a Karlsson trade work. I think Karlsson is more of a summertime deal if it's going to happen at all.

Thoughts?

Reactions: Lay Z Boy GM

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just keep Yamamoto on LTIR where he belongs. He's just going to crash into the boards again and round and round we go.

Think he could help the team unfortunately, he's a better fit than Puljujarvi or Janmark or Foegele in the top 6. He can set up the odd goal or draw the odd penalty at least when he's not scoring.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Think he could help the team unfortunately, he's a better fit than Puljujarvi or Janmark or Foegele in the top 6. He can set up the odd goal or draw the odd penalty at least when he's not scoring.
Not in the playoffs, he'll be a liability. Look, these guys don't like seeing their teammates get hurt. It's traumatic. Yamamoto is going to get hurt.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Not in the playoffs, he'll be a liability. Look, these guys don't like seeing their teammates get hurt. It's traumatic. Yamamoto is going to get hurt.

We're not in the playoffs though, I'm not sure if you noticed by it's mid-February and we still need the points right now.

Kane Draisaitl Yamamoto

Would be a better line than

Kane Drai Janmark/Pulju/Foegele

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
We're not in the playoffs though, I'm not sure if you noticed by it's mid-February and we still need the points right now.

Kane Draisaitl Yamamoto

Would be a better line than

Kane Drai Janmark/Pulju/Foegele
I said we should have moved Yamamoto during his annual regular season heater. He went on a bit of one, didn't get traded, then got hurt again.

If he goes on a heater again TRADE HIM WHILE HE'S SCORING and never look back.

Reactions: yakcity1064

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I said we should have moved Yamamoto during his annual regular season heater. He went on a bit of one, didn't get traded, then got hurt again.

If he goes on a heater again TRADE HIM WHILE HE'S SCORING and never look back.

I don't really even care, this is the roster we have now, at least Yamamoto makes the odd positive play, Janmark/Foegele/Puljujarvi simply can't play in the top 6. Watching Janmark and Foegele there last night was embarrassing.

Louis Cypher

Boys are back in town
Jun 11, 2007
Bob with a classic cliff hanger.

To recap the day:

JP did not practice and was not sick so that sent out world into a tizzy. Yamamoto is supposed to be activated tomorrow so there needs to be some sort of roster move to be cap compliant. DNB predicts VD and Hollsy could be sent down to the Condors. If that happens, Kenny has lost his own plot.
Who cares if they get sent down. Holloway should have been sent down ages ago. Vinny can go down for a few games until a trade gets worked out. I can't believe people will lose their shit over a couple of rookies getting sent down over trade negotiations that could take time.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It sounds like this isn't anything exciting.

It's just moves to activate Yamamoto isn't it?

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I freaking love arbys

Of course you do....

im-the-one-who-knows-your-dirty-little-secret-jemaine-clement.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Mez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad