Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread|Keith, No Keith, Hurry Up and Make Up Your Damn Minds Already!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Holding out hope that something else is in the works, with this trade, as there hasn't been anything official from both teams or NHL.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
For f***ing sakes...stop comparing Duncan Keith, a 3 time Stanley Cup winner, 2 time Norris Trophy Winner, Conn Smythe Winner, and Future HHOF to those 2. They are NO WHERE NEAR the same player as him. The best comparison to him coming here would be Adam Oates to Edmonton. I'm sick of people making stupid ridiculous comments like this.

Nothing separates Keith from either of them at this point in his career. In all 3 cases the only selling point is "intangibles."

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
You keep repeating this misnformation...the trade is bad, really bad, but there is cap space left especially if Kosks or neals contract are moved/bought

So you are telling me you think that Chia 2.0 is smart enough to make one of those trades? I don't think he has a functional brain stem at this point. Chia 2.0 will F up the rest of the off-season as well. Nobody who is dumb enough to make this Keith trade is somehow, at the same time, smart enough to make other good moves.

This trade is so bad that I'm re-thinking the fact I liked the RNH deal. I'm guessing I must have missed something in the RNH deal to have liked it.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Nothing separates Keith from either of them at this point in his career. In all 3 cases the only selling point is "intangibles."

That's your opinion. Keith still has Game. I am willing to bet he makes the defence way better next year and Bouchard/Broberg can ease their way into the lineup within the next 2 years. He doesn't even need to play Top pairing minutes. Give him 2nd pairing minutes and he will be our anchor if Nurse needs a break.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's your opinion. Keith still has Game. I am willing to bet he makes the defence way better next year and Bouchard/Broberg can ease their way into the lineup within the next 2 years. He doesn't even need to play Top pairing minutes. Give him 2nd pairing minutes and he will be our anchor if Nurse needs a break.

There are literally no facts that back up this assessment of Keith as a player though. You are free to have this opinion, and hell, maybe you'll be right. But you have to admit that there is literally not a single statistic in the world that says Keith is still a NHL player.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Hall - McDavid - Puljujarvi
RNH - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
*Armia - Mcleod - Kassian
Shore - Glendening - Archibald

Nurse - Bear
Keith - Larsson
Russel - Bouchard
Koekkoek

Mrazek
Smith

* one of Armia, Wennberg, Erne, Dzingle

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Tatar (4.5) McDavid (12.5) Puljujarvi (1.1)
RNH (5.1) Draisaitl (8.5) Yamamoto (2)
Galchenyuk (1.5) Sutter (2.5) Kassian (3.2)
Khaira (1) Glendenning (1.5) Archibald (1.5)
Shore (0.8)

Nurse (5.6) Bear (2)
Keith (5.5) Bouchard (0.9)
Lagesson (0.9) Bogosian (2)
Russell (1.5)

Dreigder (3.5)
Smith (2.4)

Is about what I expect for the rest of the summer from Holland, maybe even that is too optimistic.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
The Keith contract is a big boat anchor, but Holland can adapt to it.

For instance, if he could sign Driedger on a show-me deal that is two seasons long. So, if he can be our starter, it would be a value signing to offset the lack of value in Keith.

Getting cap value for an individual player is not as important as managing the cap. You can mitigate pain in one area with a bridge contract elsewhere.

Oilers

Feb 13, 2016
I've defended Holland almost all of the time he's been here, but man this Keith for 3rd and Jones trade isn't good.
I'm not upset about getting Keith, I actually think he'll do well here, but make a better trade. For the love of God lol, make a better deal.

Last edited:

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
The Keith contract is a big boat anchor, but Holland can adapt to it.

For instance, if he could sign Driedger on a show-me deal that is two seasons long. So, if he can be our starter, it would be a value signing to offset the lack of value in Keith.

Getting cap value for an individual player is not as important as managing the cap. You can mitigate pain in one area with a bridge contract elsewhere.

That. I doubt Holland had intentions to just take Keith and his full cap hit without having other plans in place. A lot of people here think he makes trades without knowing what he is doing. He knows there's a cap. He isn't stupid.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
That. I doubt Holland had intentions to just take Keith and his full cap hit without having other plans in place. A lot of people here think he makes trades without knowing what he is doing. He knows there's a cap. He isn't stupid.

Look at the cap situation he left Detroit with, was that all some master plan too?

He sucks at cap management.

jeg

Jun 16, 2015
Anyone thinking he ever was coming back was in fantasy land anyway. How many players miss a full season++ like that and still don't have a definitive answer on whether they can return.
exactly, he will retire when his contract plays out

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I’m guessing klef is not coming back for awhile or at all
Couple of weeks ago he was still rehabbing from surgery so I didn't really think we'd see him this year or potentially ever again.

You have to think after everything that has come out of this that he wasn't just going to rehab and then try get back into NHL shape. He is really all about make sure he can live a normal life without an issues first. I could see him trying to make a comeback maybe for 21-22, but even that's far fetched.

If anything I think a Ladislav Smid like return to his former club once his contract runs out is a more likely scenario.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oilers will kinda stay where they are, in the tier of "happy to make the playoffs", they're several tiers removed from the top end and even well below a team like Toronto.

Tier A - Tampa

Tier B - Colorado

Tier C - Toronto

Tier D - Edmonton

Tier E - Non playoff teams

Holland is better than Chiarelli, but not as much of an upgrade to get anything done in a big way quickly.

Oilers will stay in that Tier D for a while.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Gregor is being told that Klefbom can't even lift his arms above his head right now.

giphy (19).gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad