Rumor: Rumors and Proposals Thread: Hallsy Take 2?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Pulju and Gagner or Manning

To Carolina

Brock McGinn and Toronto's first rounder

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
McGinn - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Gagner - Archibald

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
If we give Nurse a cent more than Morrissey it's a bad deal. I don't know if you can find a better comparable of players than Morrissey and Nurse in the last few years.. Drafted within 6 picks of eachother, exact same bridge deal, 0.52PPG vs. 0.5PPG last season, very similar PPG so far this season.. Why should Nurse earn more than Morrissey?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I'd be looking to deal both Russell and Benning for picks in the next few months and then use that cap space for a 3C and 2nd line LW at the deadline. Kreider and Pageau would be my targets. I don't even mind the look of our D with Russell/Benning out. In fact, it might be better.

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson/Bouchard
Lagesson Larsson

Drai McD Kass
Kreider RNH Neal
Nygaard Pageau Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan take yer pick

Reactions: WIOiler

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
And he will cost 12 million

I don't think you understand how great a problem that would be to have. If it happens, the team solves it then. You don't bank cap space for Ethan Bear or Darnell Nurse at this point. Neither have earned it. Especially 12 million.

Nurse, you start looking at Christmas. See what you have.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
We're on our 8th coach in 10 years and third in the last calendar year. I personally like keeping things going as long as players are executing within the system, and not turning to the dumb line blender after a hard fought overtime loss.

When changing systems (again) the surest way to screw it all up is to change it all around, despite the obvious player buy-in and the success we're having with it early in the season.

This is the way the NHL works today, every team runs systems and players are expected to play within the system. It's not the 80's style every man for himself, try to fill up the scoresheet and hope the goalie bails us out at the other end.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Nah, doubt it. Duchene only got 8m, and he was one of the biggest names out there in free agency this summer. Could see Nuge getting a little bump to maybe 6.75-7m. Guy just recently got married and has been here since 2011, he may just be interesting in sticking around and not uprooting, especially if the team looks a lot more competitive. Eberle stayed put in NY and actually signed for less than his previous deal @6m.

Duchene's contract was considered a bargain. Over his career he has .318g/gm .757pts/gm ----> 26 g 62 pts /82 gms

Nuge is .270 g/ gm .708 pts/gm ---> 22g 58 pts /82 gms

Over the last two years Duchene is playing at a 31 g 68 pts / 82 game pace and Nuge is at 30 g 67pts /82 game pace.

Nuge is better defensively. In reality these two are very close in terms of value.

Mr Tadakichi

Never Reads OP Before Posting
Nov 23, 2014
We're on our 8th coach in 10 years and third in the last calendar year. I personally like keeping things going as long as players are executing within the system, and not turning to the dumb line blender after a hard fought overtime loss.

When changing systems (again) the surest way to screw it all up is to change it all around, despite the obvious player buy-in and the success we're having with it early in the season.

This is the way the NHL works today, every team runs systems and players are expected to play within the system. It's not the 80's style every man for himself, try to fill up the scoresheet and hope the goalie bails us out at the other end.

Welp, time to fire the coach.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
If you give nurse 7 then you cant afford bear

I expect the Nurse number to come in somewhere around Josh Morrissey and Esa Lindell, somewhere around 6.5M. Don't think that prohibits a Bear signing, which is A) premature to speculate about and B) Probably going to be in a bridge format or a long term risk/reward contract at or moderately more than Klefbom's.

The Oilers have the opportunity to remake much of their team next year, not just because so many contracts run out but because the few who don't (like Khaira and Russell) are escapable.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I'd be looking to deal both Russell and Benning for picks in the next few months and then use that cap space for a 3C and 2nd line LW at the deadline. Kreider and Pageau would be my targets. I don't even mind the look of our D with Russell/Benning out. In fact, it might be better.

Nurse Bear
Klefbom Persson/Bouchard
Lagesson Larsson

Drai McD Kass
Kreider RNH Neal
Nygaard Pageau Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan take yer pick

I’d be ok with Benning moved out for a 3rd line forward in the new year but I think they should hold onto Russell for the season in case of injuries, he’s a good veteran that can play both sides.

I’d look to move him in the summer.

Reactions: belair

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I’d be ok with Benning moved out for a 3rd line forward in the new year but I think they should hold onto Russell for the season in case of injuries, he’s a good veteran that can play both sides.

I’d look to move him in the summer.
Yep. I don't see a way he finishes the year in Edmonton quite honestly. The fact that he's come out of the gate strongly bodes well for there being some kind of market for him moving closer to the trade deadline.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015
Pulju and Gagner or Manning

To Carolina

Brock McGinn and Toronto's first rounder

Draisailt - McDavid - Kassian
McGinn - RNH - Neal
Jurco - Sheahan - Chiasson
Khaira - Gagner - Archibald

I mean, I like it. McGinn is an actual bottom six winger he's got sand. That's a bit rich from the 'Canes, however, a first and a roster player for Pulju and pending, bottom line UFA's.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Yep. I don't see a way he finishes the year in Edmonton quite honestly. The fact that he's come out of the gate strongly bodes well for there being some kind of market for him moving closer to the trade deadline.

Agreed, if he keeps up this level of play until Larsson is back and healthy I’d be ecstatic if they could turn Benning + into a good 3C that is a good two way player and can put up points that we could put some of our young guys next too later in the year as guys like Benson, Marody and possibly Yamamoto start to get looks with the big club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad