Proposal: Rumors and Proposals Thread: An Athanasiou a Day Would Keep the Flames at Bay

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
uggggg, that is not good news AT ALL. why in gods name would we believe them that there is no impact/to the other injury?
they said it was a quad injury though. That doesn't seem like it'd be related to his earlier injury.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
McDavid prob misses 7 games.

The boys will rally for him. They will go 4-2-1

Hawks WIN
Lightning OTL
Panthers WIN
Canes LOSE
Bruins LOSE
Wild WIN
Kings WIN
7 games would be less than 2 weeks for recovery.

I don't wanna sound overly pessimistic but with the way the oilers have been lately whether it be luck, or them purposely trying to make things sound better to fans (mcdavids injury last season, neals injury right now, etc) I wouldn't guess less than the expected 3 weeks, which means 12 missed games.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
they said it was a quad injury though. That doesn't seem like it'd be related to his earlier injury.

yup, just like they said the PCL tear was minor, and would be healed in 3 months, and that he didn't need surgery. Just like they said him missing practice yesterday was "always the plan". Just like they said that "he would be a game time decision" today. This organization flat-out LIES about injuries all the time. If you want to believe them this time, then go ahead, I certainly don't

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
I'd say he misses 12 games if Oilers are managing to stay afloat, 8 if we are drowning.

Lets go Drai. time to prove people wrong

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
yup, just like they said the PCL tear was minor, and would be healed in 3 months, and that he didn't need surgery. Just like they said him missing practice yesterday was "always the plan". Just like they said that "he would be a game time decision" today. This organization flat-out LIES about injuries all the time. If you want to believe them this time, then go ahead, I certainly don't

Yeah, I guess there's no good reason to believe they're telling us the truth about this when they completely covered up what happened last season. Gotta hope for the best I guess and that it really is unrelated, but yeah... it's definitely concerning.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
It's not the specific deal that's the issue, but the lack of urgency.

Anyway it doesn't matter now, the season's done.

You dont know if there is a lack of urgency....its just an assumption.

And no...the seasons not done but the usual suspects will be falling all over themselves to try and convince everyone it is.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Make a trade with the Devils

To NJ: 1st, Puljujarvi, Manning, Khaira and Persson

To EDM: Zajac(50% retention) and Coleman.

Make that work until McDavid gets back, then put Coleman with McDavid and Kassian.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Chiasson-Draisaitl-Yams
Gagner-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Sheahan-Archibald
Benson-Haas-Russell

My god that’s awful....

Nygard-McDavd-Neal

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
with 97 going down does this tie the hands of our gm making a trade???

Yes. This is exactly why I wanted to acquire someone like Pageau a month ago.

GMs are going to be asking for Bouchard right now if Holland wants help.

The price is only going to come back to Earth if the Oilers are somehow still in the playoffs come the actual deadline.

Reactions: Darkwinter

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I wouldn’t rush out to make a trade if I was holland. Gotta give the guys in the room a chance to weather the storm and show out for their captain when everyone thinks they’ll fold.

A strong commitment to team defence, good goaltending and a Chance for some guys to show they can contribute a little more when the cards are down.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wouldn’t rush out to make a trade if I was holland. Gotta give the guys in the room a chance to weather the storm and show out for their captain when everyone thinks they’ll fold.

A strong commitment to team defence, good goaltending and a Chance for some guys to show they can contribute a little more when the cards are down.
You needed a forward before, now you probably need a center, he should make a move as soon as possible, because failing this season isn't an option.

Reactions: Little Fury

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

Totally valid point. :nod:
I do think though that Holland has to bring someone in sooner rather than later.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
Drai Nuge 1C 2C isn't that bad realistically if we didn't have the leagues worst winger core.
I agree. At this point I know he didn't look great, but I think Benson to come up and play with Nuge on the second line would be something they should look into if they aren't going the trade route.

We've seen Mcdavid get dragged down by just about every bottom 6er on this team, so achoring RNH with one of them is surely going to be disastrous, especially if his other winger is Kass so they can keep Drai and Yam together. We need more skill on this team especially with Mcdavid down, and seperating Archi and Sheahan is not a smart move for the bottom 6. That leaves guys like Khaira, Haas, Cave, Russell, Chiasson, and Gagner to fill out the top 2 LW spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad