Rumor: Rumor & Proposals Thread XVII-- Last person to leave TO please turn off the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I really like Vasilevshy. Thats a player I hope the Oilers go hard for in the off season.

Bishop is only 28 years old as well so he will have the #1 goalie position tied up for years so Vasilevsky may well be available.

Not sure at all what the price would be though because he does have serious potential.

I don't know I see them holding onto both for a while, it's like with the Ducks I don't see them trading off Gibson anytime soon because they have Andersen, just let the two of them battle it out and pick the cream of the crop and trade the other one when you are no longer able to keep them at a suppressed salary range. The Kings held on to Bernier for ages, it wasn't till he was in position to demand more salary and requested a trade after years of service that he finally got moved.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Petry + EDM 1st 2016
For
Vasilevskiy + Tampa 1st 2015/Koekkoek

That Edm 1st for next year has to hold a lot of value
Note: I'd do the above just for Vas alone also (removing the Tampa 1st and/or Kiekkoek)

Tampa isn't trading a stud goalie and their 1st or top D prospect or a pending UFA and a draft picjk that is a year and a half away. Absolutely no way, this deal is incredibly lopsided in the Oilers favor.

They have no reason to trade Vasilevski anyway. They have him under team control for the next couple of seasons and by the time he's ready for full time action, they could just deal Bishop. Same with Anaheim with Gibson and the Bruins with Subban although the Bruins will likely deal Subban not Rask.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
James Wisniewski is a healthy scratch tonight. He wouldn't be a bad replacement if Petry is shipped out. Purcell and Pitts 1st/Oilers 2nd and a prospect might get it done.

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Anybody know if Wiz from CBJ has a no trade? Big contract would bring his price tag down.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I don't know I see them holding onto both for a while, it's like with the Ducks I don't see them trading off Gibson anytime soon because they have Andersen, just let the two of them battle it out and pick the cream of the crop and trade the other one when you are no longer able to keep them at a suppressed salary range. The Kings held on to Bernier for ages, it wasn't till he was in position to demand more salary and requested a trade after years of service that he finally got moved.

Yeah...that makes sense. Until Vasilevsky has finished his bridge contract there wont be much pressure to deal him.

The only hitch in that would be if Vasilevsky and his agent decided that he wanted an opportunity to be a starter which he wont be getting anytime soon in Tampa.

Its amazing to me that this team is STILL trying to find a #1 goalie for the 7th straight season now. :shakehead

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
I wouldn't take that bet, but I'd make a move of Petry for Bishop (or some combination involving those two) all day long.

This would be an offseason deal if Petry was signed for another 2 or 3 seasons. Unless Tampa some how has another goalie lined up in a separate trade, Bishop isn't going anywhere.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
I wouldn't take that bet, but I'd make a move of Petry for Bishop (or some combination involving those two) all day long.

Bishop cost a 2nd & a good young player when he was a backup.
Which is about what Petry's worth now.
I'm sure Bishop's price has gone up now that he's a top-15 goalie.

Petry + Marincin + 2nd or something

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Bishop cost a 2nd & a good young player when he was a backup.
Which is about what Petry's worth now.
I'm sure Bishop's price has gone up now that he's a top-15 goalie.

Petry + Marincin + 2nd or something

That's the east coast price, he was available to us for a 2nd round pick and a used up Ryan Jones.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
This would be an offseason deal if Petry was signed for another 2 or 3 seasons. Unless Tampa some how has another goalie lined up in a separate trade, Bishop isn't going anywhere.

It's a pipe dream, no doubt. Somewhat aside, Vasilensky is poised to become a starting goaltender, possibly even as early as next year. If the Oilers could somehow pry him from Tampa, then that would be fantastic, and it's a trade that one could reasonably conceive of happening at the deadline.

Edit: I doubt Tampa gives up Vasilevsky for Petry alone.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I thought the Senators turned down that one in favour of Tampa's offer. Oilers still should have offered more though.

Yeah...I think you are right about that.

Still as you pointed out how in the world can Tambo offer that deal with a straight face.

A waiver pickup that couldn't stay on the worst roster in the NHL and a 2nd for a potential starting goalie.

Its like saying....here take this 2nd round pick + a contract we dont want and give us Bishop.
Little wonder the man still hasn't gotten a Management job of any kind in the NHL.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
That's the east coast price, he was available to us for a 2nd round pick and a used up Ryan Jones.

That was before he became a legit #1 goalie. I'm fairly sure that the price has jumped significantly since then.

In any event, the Lightning don't have to deal either goalie now so it's all a moot point.

The Oilers should target somebody like Craig Anderson. He's more attainable I would think.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
@doubledown
Vasilevskiy is 20 years old. He just got his first taste of NHL action and the team doesn't have to worry about giving him a new contract for 2 seasons since I believe they signed him to the ELC last season. He's a top 2-3 goalie prospect in the world if not the top one.
Bernier had already been with the Kings for 4 years I believe and was due for a new contract. The situations aren't remotely similar so that's why I say that they don't HAVE TO trade him now.

Furthermore, if they are trading him now, it will be because other teams are inquiring so the Lightning will be a position of strength. I can't imagine that a package of a pending UFA and a 1st rounder next season get Vasilevskiy and their 1st rounder even on top of that.

Last edited:

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
CupofOil, Schneider who was young, had boatloads of potential, had already shown he could be a dominant goalie in the NHL was traded for less than you think Vasilevskiy is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
It's getting heated in here. It it stays that way I might have to start t banning people. Much faster for me to do that, rather than having to edit and delete posts.

oilersrule14

May 13, 2003
Visit site
Yeah...I think you are right about that.

Still as you pointed out how in the world can Tambo offer that deal with a straight face.

A waiver pickup that couldn't stay on the worst roster in the NHL and a 2nd for a potential starting goalie.

Its like saying....here take this 2nd round pick + a contract we dont want and give us Bishop.
Little wonder the man still hasn't gotten a Management job of any kind in the NHL.

That's pretty harsh on Jones? He was coming off 17 and 18 goal seasons...the trade was at the very beginning of his fall off before his injury, so I don't think he was 'a contract we didn't want' quite yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad