I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006

Live feed from NHL HQ:

ImE2FBr.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm thinking more like 3-4 years.
That's a pretty damn fast timeline to build two arenas though. I'm sure the NHL would love to move that fast. I was talking about teams actually playing hockey games in Arizona and Atlanta. Prospective owners and plans for their entry into the league? That could happen in 3-4 years.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Right around the CBA two expansion teams will be announced. 4-5 that we will get 2 more. I’d guess Arizona is in the second group and they’ll team up with the Suns for a new arena in the early 2030s.

That's a pretty damn fast timeline to build two arenas though. I'm sure the NHL would love to move that fast. I was talking about teams actually playing hockey games in Arizona and Atlanta. Prospective owners and plans for their entry into the league? That could happen in 3-4 years.
A quick arena timeline is 3, 4 is fairly normal in the States.

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Damn. Berezin was so much fun. Back then there were only certain games we could watch and being in Canada that meant the Leafs on CBC every single weekend. He had the speed, jersey tuck, and never wanted to pass. One of the most entertaining non-elite players around.
Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. I loved watching Berezin on HNIC.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Yeah I suppose so, but that's from when the shovel hits the ground. Plenty of time and stuff to do before that happens in either place.
T-Mobile Arena was announced in 2013, broke ground in 2014, and finished in 2016. Little Ceasers was announced in 2013. Broke ground in Sept 2014 and Opened Sept 2016.

Not quite the same, but probably a bigger task. Climate Pledge Arena was signed into MoU for redevelopment (while having to retain historic aspects) in Dec 2017 and opened Oct 2021 even with the pandemic.

3 years is a quick timeline, but recent arenas have been announced and built in that timeframe in the States. Georgia is pretty friendly for it. Their last big stadium was MB Stadium for the Falcons (much larger scale). Announced in 2013, broke ground in 2014 opening in 2017.

IMO Houston and Atlanta will be the next two. Houston is fairly plug and play with some upgrades. Atlanta has two projects in the works and just needs the sign off on the right one to start. Probably happens this season. So ~4 years from that point is probably pretty safe.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
T-Mobile Arena was announced in 2013, broke ground in 2014, and finished in 2016. Little Ceasers was announced in 2013. Broke ground in Sept 2014 and Opened Sept 2016.

Not quite the same, but probably a bigger task. Climate Pledge Arena was signed into MoU for redevelopment (while having to retain historic aspects) in Dec 2017 and opened Oct 2021 even with the pandemic.

3 years is a quick timeline, but recent arenas have been announced and built in that timeframe in the States. Georgia is pretty friendly for it. Their last big stadium was MB Stadium for the Falcons (much larger scale). Announced in 2013, broke ground in 2014 opening in 2017.

IMO Houston and Atlanta will be the next two. Houston is fairly plug and play with some upgrades. Atlanta has two projects in the works and just needs the sign off on the right one to start. Probably happens this season. So ~4 years from that point is probably pretty safe.
Climate Pledge was crazy. Lifting the roof off the old stadium, basically demolish and build a brand new arena underneath the roof and lower it back in place once all is said and done. Just absolutely bonkers and nuts not to mention much more expensive, yet I'm absolutely thrilled they did it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Damn. Berezin was so much fun. Back then there were only certain games we could watch and being in Canada that meant the Leafs on CBC every single weekend. He had the speed, jersey tuck, and never wanted to pass. One of the most entertaining non-elite players around.
The white gloves and white tape stick handing a mile a minute coming down the left side cutting to the middle shot save. Rinse repeat all game. I loved that guy.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I'm thinking more like 3-4 years.
It will be around 2030 IMHO.

We're going to have...

Pacific: Arizona/Portland (small chance for Kansas City/Cinncinati/Milwaukee*)
Central: Houston
Metropolitan: Atlanta
Atlantic: Quebec City

However, one thing the NHL can conduct is to get teams in Arizona, Portland*, Houston, and Atlanta, and move Nashville to the Eastern Conference. I would love to see Quebec City get a team, but nobody can argue against that the city simply doesn't have any top-tier corporate companies which Houston and Atlanta have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad