Rumor: Rumor & Proposals Thread XVII-- Last person to leave TO please turn off the lights.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Best trading partner would T-Bay, make the pick conditional, 2nd if Petry walks from the Lightning at the end of the season, we get the Rangers 1st if Petry re-signs by the draft, or Tbay '16 1st if he re-signs after the draft. Probably the best kind of deal we could get for him

Tampa does not have a 2nd in 2015

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Petry + EDM 1st 2016
For
Vasilevskiy + Tampa 1st 2015/Koekkoek

That Edm 1st for next year has to hold a lot of value
Note: I'd do the above just for Vas alone also (removing the Tampa 1st and/or Kiekkoek)

Why would Tampa even consider it . A chance at magic beans .
Edmonton could have a year like the AVS last year and Tampa gives up who many believe will be the best goalie in the world one day

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That's pretty harsh on Jones? He was coming off 17 and 18 goal seasons...the trade was at the very beginning of his fall off before his injury, so I don't think he was 'a contract we didn't want' quite yet.

I am not so sure.
Jones was a cherry picker. His 2 way game was virtually non existent and for a bottom 6 player that meant his game didnt lend itself to any longevity.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
CupofOil, Schneider who was young, had boatloads of potential, had already shown he could be a dominant goalie in the NHL was traded for less than you think Vasilevskiy is worth.

He went for a top 10 draft pick, that's pretty pricey.
Also, he was due for a new contract just like Bernier. Tampa doesn't have to worry about that with Vasilevskiy for 2 more years.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
Why would Tampa even consider it . A chance at magic beans .
Edmonton could have a year like the AVS last year and Tampa gives up who many believe will be the best goalie in the world one day

lol...you make a comment about magic beans and then follow it up with "could have a year like the Avs"

"Could".....great argument. The Oilers are a bottom 10 team next year. The top 3 picks are determined by lottery for 2016. Lottery picks next year will be more in demand then they are this year. There are 3 elite projected players next season. One (Matthews) that scouts said might have challenged the big 2 this year.

Yeah I can't figure out why a team (like Tampa) would want the Oilers 1st in 2016. You are right. A RHD in Petry to help there playoff run and a ticket to the 2016 Lottery will hold zero appeal. I guess those reports that Tampa is looking for a RHD must be false.

And Vas was the 19th overall pick. The Oilers in 2016 is probably going to be better right? And if you assume UFA Petry is worth a 2nd (though to a playoff team Petry for the playoffs is more valuable than a 2nd) - that return I proposed is horrible value I guess.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Yeah...I think you are right about that.

Still as you pointed out how in the world can Tambo offer that deal with a straight face.

A waiver pickup that couldn't stay on the worst roster in the NHL and a 2nd for a potential starting goalie.

Its like saying....here take this 2nd round pick + a contract we dont want and give us Bishop.
Little wonder the man still hasn't gotten a Management job of any kind in the NHL.

The rumored deal is we offered Anaheim's 2nd round pick from the Cogliano trade along with Ryan Jones, where as Ottawa counter offered asking for our 2nd round pick and Ryan Jones, to which Tambelllini balked at.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
The rumored deal is we offered Anaheim's 2nd round pick from the Cogliano trade along with Ryan Jones, where as Ottawa counter offered asking for our 2nd round pick and Ryan Jones, to which Tambelllini balked at.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Not that I feel any better about it. :(

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Let's say that Edmonton had a Vezina level goalie that was nearing 30 and a top NHL ready goalie prospect that has been rock solid everywhere he played. What would you want as a return?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Let's say that Edmonton had a Vezina level goalie that was nearing 30 and a top NHL ready goalie prospect that has been rock solid everywhere he played. What would you want as a return?

1st round pick or more depending on the particulars.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
I'm actually surprised with people thinking including Edm 2016 1st is not enough for Vasilevskiy. If I'm the Oilers I would never trade the pick for him. That pick could be top 3 next year. Way too risky. We are very far from contention. If I'm projecting the worst teams next year it goes:

Ari
Tor
BUF
Edm

Even best case I can't see playoffs. So our pick is in the lottery (most likely) no matter what. The only reason I did include the pick for next year was that every time I propose a trade for Vas, there are a select few posters that come in here claiming he's the next coming. My fair value trade would be Petry + Pit 1st (include whatever to balance it out 2nd pick/Marincin). By the way the future Vezina winner is struggling big time against Col tonight....

Last edited:

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
I'm actually surprised with people thinking including Edm 2016 1st is not enough for Vasilevskiy. If I'm the Oilers I would never trade the pick for him. That pick could be top 3 next year. Way too risky. We are very far from contention. If I'm projecting the worst teams next year it goes:

Ari
Tor
BUF
Edm

Even best case I can't see playoffs. So our pick is in the lottery (most likely) no matter what. The only reason I did include the pick for next year was that every time I propose a trade for Vas, there are a select few posters that come in here claiming he's the next coming. My fair value trade would be Petry + Pit 1st (include whatever to balance it out 2nd pick/Marincin). By the way the future Vezina winner is struggling big time against Col tonight....

If we're afraid of trading next years pick, we're heading in the wrong direction.

doubledown99

May 21, 2009
If we're afraid of trading next years pick, we're heading in the wrong direction.

I'd trade it for a dman. Even best case scenario I don't see us being in the playoffs.

Our needs:

-three top 3 dmen
-goalie
-2 to 4 more Fwds?

We have a 4th line (the wagon line). We have a 1st line. We have some components of a 2nd line. Still missing lots of pieces...

Lewy

May 26, 2011
Sorry kids, if youre hoping for a playoff sniff next season, I don't think it's in this organizations plans.

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
I'd trade it for a dman. Even best case scenario I don't see us being in the playoffs.

Our needs:

-three top 3 dmen
-goalie
-2 to 4 more Fwds?

We have a 4th line (the wagon line). We have a 1st line. We have some components of a 2nd line. Still missing lots of pieces...

I don't see us being in the playoffs either.

Ideally though we trade the pick in the offseason so the players believe we are trying to win next season.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia

Agreed. Eakins had us going backwards, but under Nelson, we're back to where we were under Krueger. A young, bottom 10, team that needs a few piece to stabilize them, and for the top players to continue developing. We're on the rise (slowly), and if we can add a #2 dman or a legit starter, I'd gladly deal that 1st

OILSLICK94

Mar 9, 2004
London Ontario
Shake up in the windy city today after there 6-2 loss to the Bruins.

Mark Lazerus @MarkLazerus · 5m 5 minutes ago
#Blackhawks announce a two-year contract extension for Scott Darling, runs through the 2016-17 season.

Stan Bowman told me last month that he fully expected to keep both Antti Raanta and Scott Darling next year.

Wasn't MacT interested in Raanta the year he came to North America? wonder if there is something to this.

Raanta + (another roster player) for Petry?

Shaw or Bickell?

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton

#Blackhawks announce a two-year contract extension for Scott Darling, runs through the 2016-17 season.

Stan Bowman told me last month that he fully expected to keep both Antti Raanta and Scott Darling next year.

Wasn't MacT interested in Raanta the year he came to North America? wonder if there is something to this.

Shaw or Bickell?

That would be alot of cap coming back.

Nothing to it.

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE

Shaw or Bickell?

If Chicago moves a goalie, I bet it's Crawford.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia

Shaw or Bickell?

If he can't succeed on one of the best regular season teams in the league, he certainly won't succeed on one of the worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad