Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Really hoping the Oilers keep Lucic at 6 years at 6 mill per year at this point. It's already an overpayment but don't add more term or money to that.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I have no idea how this can be answered so soon.

I also don't understand the reasoning that if Larsson just gets 10 more points than he did last year (which doesn't seem unlikely at all), that this suddenly becomes a much more acceptable trade.

That's what makes that statement comical, he all of sudden becomes first pairing material if he gets 12 more points?

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
My last response to you on the matter. The rest of the hockey world agrees with me that the Oilers lost the trade. So yes, you are under rating Hall. You have hated him for years.

Larsson is a good D, but an 18p shut down D isn't top pairing. If he can become a 30p shut down D then he is. We traded a sure fire top line player for a maybe top pairing D.

And the rest of the hockey world agrees with that assessment. So is everyone on the world wrong, or are you?

Respond if you like, but I won't follow up.

Just curious, not seeking to inflame, but who makes up the "hockey world"?

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
And you have to remember that those 18 points are ES points, as they wanted to him play as primary shutdown guy on ES and PK.

The one article from Shero I think was talking about how they wanted him to work on defense and the offense would come later.

The other interesting point is his stick. Apparently Oates had him change it the one year then when he left Larsson went back to the stick he used in rookie year. Oates when he came back made him change it again.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Not much news on Romak Polak. He would probably be a terrific fit on the 3rd pairing. Veteran right handed dman that might come cheap?

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
I have no idea how this can be answered so soon.

I also don't understand the reasoning that if Larsson just gets 10 more points than he did last year (which doesn't seem unlikely at all), that this suddenly becomes a much more acceptable trade.

The point is that he hasn't done that yet. Sure bet traded for a maybe.

Regardless my original point is that NJ always makes this trade but doing it when Chia did only hurt the Oilers. I think they will pay more for lucic than if he waited a few days.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
My last response to you on the matter. The rest of the hockey world agrees with me that the Oilers lost the trade. So yes, you are under rating Hall. You have hated him for years.

Larsson is a good D, but an 18p shut down D isn't top pairing. If he can become a 30p shut down D then he is. We traded a sure fire top line player for a maybe top pairing D.

And the rest of the hockey world agrees with that assessment. So is everyone on the world wrong, or are you?

Respond if you like, but I won't follow up.

You're speaking in absolutes. Not everybody in the hockey world agrees with your opinion and to state it as such and say that's that is pretty presumptuous on your part. I'd expect better from you to be honest.

Nobody will know who wins this hockey trade for at least a couple of years. There are plenty of trades that didn't look good at the time that wound up looking completely different in time.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

There's a poll asking whether or not you want Lucic at 6*6. My comment was they'll be lucky to get him for that much. I stand by that comment. Some of you guys are underestimating how crazy UFA money is (at least in this particular case).

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
That's what makes that statement comical, he all of sudden becomes first pairing material if he gets 12 more points?

I think expecting a 66% scoring increase just because a guy changes teams is kinda comical. 12 p may seem easy to get, but when a guy only scores 18 over a full year, is it really?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Thats honestly just repeating what the speculation was on insider trading yesterday. I was holding out hope that we might get him at 5.5x6 but I can live with it either way. I don't think he's going to drop off as bad as some people do and even in the last year or 2 I think he'll still be similar to what Hartnell is now, which is overpaid, but still useful.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I think expecting a 66% scoring increase just because a guy changes teams is kinda comical. 12 p may seem easy to get, but when a guy only scores 18 over a full year, is it really?

So you don't think if he's put on the powerplays 12 points is atainable? Or feeding mcdavid pucks won't increase his point totals? He will get those extra 12 points playing for the oilers.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013

I think playing in a more offensive system with McDavid racking up PP points he has a good chance to double his point total. Great first pass from Larsson. McDavid should be good for 5-10 rushes alone off his feeds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad