Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I'm hoping 5M x 7. The last 2 years he'll most likely won't be worth it but that's something we can worry about in 5 years.

5M x 7 is best case scenario IMO. I'm hoping for 5.5M x 7, expecting 6M x 7, and quite worried we're going to pay Lucic 7M x 7.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Chris Stewart could be a bargain pick up for us
I know he has questionable work ethic but it would be a low risk signing and would add some more size to the team. He's also a right shot

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009
I'm hoping we don't run the kid out of town. I can't imagine how much pressure the fans are going to put on him

I wonder if thats why Chia spoke the way he did about him. Typically you wouldnt describe a player you just traded for in the manner he did.

Crabapple

Jun 17, 2010
Edmonton
In ~10 hours the future of this team is going to change pretty drastically imo. Exciting. Nerve wracking. Good luck tomorrow

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
Chris Stewart could be a bargain pick up for us
I know he has questionable work ethic but it would be a low risk signing and would add some more size to the team. He's also a right shot

Anyone else interested in Darren Helm? Trade RNH + for Barrie, then sign Helm at 3.5 to play 3C. Fast and great at faceoffs, personally I think he's an upgrade over the $6 Mil RNH. Speed is what won PIT the cup, so it would be nice to add some.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
In ~10 hours the future of this team is going to change pretty drastically imo. Exciting. Nerve wracking. Good luck tomorrow

I think this team gets drastically better tomorrow. If they can add three pieces in say Lucic, Demers and either a puck moving DMan like Wiz, or a solid C or winger AND a backup goalie, this team could think playoffs. Add in a new superb arena and WOW.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Anyone else interested in Darren Helm? Trade RNH + for Barrie, then sign Helm at 3.5 to play 3C. Fast and great at faceoffs, personally I think he's an upgrade over the $6 Mil RNH. Speed is what won PIT the cup, so it would be nice to add some.

Yes I would love to get Helm. Would be a great pickup for the bottom six

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
5M x 7 is best case scenario IMO. I'm hoping for 5.5M x 7, expecting 6M x 7, and quite worried we're going to pay Lucic 7M x 7.

Considering Chia went out and got Larsson under 4.5M. It could mean that he's looking to add players with valuable contracts. Maybe Lucic takes a discount like MacKenzie said. I don't know. Just guessing of course

RinkRatOil

Aug 3, 2009

I felt alot more comfortable trading RNH before Hall got shipped. If RNH is moved. I would be ok with Helm, wouldnt say he is an upgrade though.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I felt alot more comfortable trading RNH before Hall got shipped. If RNH is moved. I would be ok with Helm, wouldnt say he is an upgrade though.

Maybe not on paper and RNH is younger, but Helm is just one of those guys that always seemed to make things happen whenever I watch a Wings game. Plus he's super fast and great on the dot. I love that player. Kind of player a winning team needs.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Is be a bit cautious of Wiz, he played 1 game last year, how long will it take him to get up to speed? If we got him on a 1-year bargain contract I'd be fine with it.

I also wonder if we're waiting to see if we can get Backes in order to execute a RNH-Barrie trade. Surely we won't trade RNH unless we get another center that can handle 2nd line duties in case of injuries.
I guess our backup plan would be Wideman. Not sure how I feel about that. Can he play 2nd pairing minutes? I'm not confident that Fayne can, and we need a top-4 RD

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010

No thanks especially for the 3rd line role. Puts up the same numbers as Letesute is a little faster but has hands of stone.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
One of the insiders on twitter (LeBrun?) was saying Helm likely gets 4 million ...
Thats a little too rich for my liking.

MinimaMoralia

May 1, 2015

Helm would be nice, but he's going to get more than 3.5 from someone though, probably with term. I'd rather over-pay Nielsen. Or sign a stop-gap vet like Legwand until Caguilla shows what he has. Or keep RNH.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Our team will be drastically different, and in my opinion better by tomorrow afternoon.

Sign Lucic and Demers. Lucic gives us a dimension up front we haven't had in forever. He makes our top 6 better immediately. We become a harder team to play against and we need a guy like Lucic in our lineup if we are going to conquer the Pacific.

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Demers

That's the best top 4 on D we have had in a decade. We're finally starting to get better, I really do believe Chia is making our team harder to play against and we're heading in the right direction.

We needed better balance and Chia is making moves to do that. We need to surround McDavid and Drai with players that help us win now.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
I wonder if thats why Chia spoke the way he did about him. Typically you wouldnt describe a player you just traded for in the manner he did.

People need to understand that Larsson isn't a finished product. Dmen almost never hit their peak until 25/26, and Larsson is still a couple years away from that, being only 23. I think that's what Pete wanted to make sure everyone realized. So yeah, I hope people don't run him out of town if he has a slow start, which is actually fairly likely. Have to be patient. But I think he'll do great with Klefbom. Finally Klefbom won't have to carry around a stiff around on his back out there as his D partner. They should be moving the puck up the ice very efficiently together once they get used to each other out there, and get some chemistry going, then people are REALLY going to love that pairing.

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
One thing that I'm really worried about is Draisaitl. How will he play now that the expectations on him are surely to be lifted.
I hope he is training like a maniac right now. Next season is gonna be huge for him, and the team as a whole.

Last edited:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
One thing that I'm really worried about is Draisaitl. How will he play now that the expectations are him are surely to be lifted.
I hope he is training like a maniac right now. Next season is gonna be huge for him, and the team as a whole.

Probably why Chia will keep RNH. Centres have added value, RNH can shelter Drais minutes.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Probably why Chia will keep RNH. Centres have added value, RNH can shelter Drais minutes.

Can also move Drai to Nuge's LW if he really starts to struggle. There's a lot of options. Personally, though, I think Drai will be fine. From what I can tell, there was actually more connection between a healthy Klefbom and Drai producing than it was Hall. The production rates with and without Klefbom were HUGE, going WAY, WAY down when Klefbom got injured. So a healthy Klefbom-Larsson moving up the puck to him is going to help his production out a lot, IMO.

Last edited:

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
Can also move Drai to Nuge's LW if he really starts to struggle. There's a lot of options. Personally, though, I think Drai will be fine. From what I can tell, there was actually more connection between a healthy Klefbom and Drai producing than it was Hall. The production rates with and without Klefbom and HUGE, going WAY, WAY down when Klefbom got injured. So a healthy Klefbom-Larsson moving up the puck to him is going to help his production our a lot, IMO.

I would start Drai on LW as well. LW depth of Drai lucic Pou maroon and Hendo is pretty damn good. Would probably move pou out for help at Center on our third line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad