Rumor: Rumor & Proposals: The sound of silence (Free Agency opens 12PM EST)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Thought I read somewhere that Lucic had Scheuermann's Disease. I'm not sure of the severity of his condition, but if true it certainly increases the risk of a long term contract. I guess there is always LTIR.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I'm all for Lucic but not for anything more than 7 mil
If LA/Dallas offers 7 then they can have him

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Thought I read somewhere that Lucic had Scheuermann's Disease. I'm not sure of the severity of his condition, but if true it certainly increases the risk of a long term contract. I guess there is always LTIR.

Chiarelli mentioned on the Fan today that they requested medicals from players as part of the interview period.

My guess is they needed them for Lucic and Connolly.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Chiarelli mentioned on the Fan today that they requested medicals from players as part of the interview period.

im surprised that it wasn't a thing before. If you are planning to spend 40 million you'd want to be sure they are healthy. A lot like soccer

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005

This isn't something Chiarelli isn't aware of and I haven't heard of it being an issue for him. The upper curvature of his spine hasn't caused him problems throughout his hockey career yet.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
I'm sure Lucic already agreed with us. He's just enjoying the limelight right now

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
im surprised that it wasn't a thing before. If you are planning to spend 40 million you'd want to be sure they are healthy. A lot like soccer

Yeah, but when your owner owns a large drug company with secret labs that are attempting to grow clones of McDavid's hands on the backs of monkeys using his stolen DNA, why bother with crap like that? We'll have a team full of players with hands like McDavid in 2-3 years after the transplants.:sarcasm:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Lol what, why on earth would Lucic resign in L.A. at this point?

Well John Hoven out of LA said he wouldn't be shocked if LA offered a late 6 year deal at 5M per.

I don't think that's going to nearly cut it.

Believe the TSN insiders: Lucic has two teams he's deliberating on. My guess is Dallas and Edmonton are the teams and that the Oilers have the bigger offer and he's leaning towards them.

It's not a done decision yet, we'll see how Milan wakes up tomorrow.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

he was diagnoses at 15 with it and before people start tripping over themselves in what it is

http://patient.info/doctor/scheuermanns-disease

http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/nhl/bruins-milan-lucic-finds-success-just-in-time

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
i thnk lucic picked the oilers wednesday and hes pretending he didnt sign the deal already

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Well John Hoven out of LA said he wouldn't be shocked if LA offered a late 6 year deal at 5M per.

I don't think that's going to nearly cut it.

Believe the TSN insiders: Lucic has two teams he's deliberating on. My guess is Dallas and Edmonton are the teams and that the Oilers have the bigger offer and he's leaning towards them.

It's not a done decision yet, we'll see how Milan's wife wakes up tomorrow.

Fixed

DrDrai

The OG
Jan 28, 2007
Edmonton
Normally I'd be mad at the prospect of overpaying for a FA, but I stop caring about the Oilers sometime in late November or December, I'll follow the firestorm, but stop watching games. If what chia is doing gets me to watch oilers hockey till April and beyond then I guess we will deal with those other issues as they come up, because frankly I'm sick of finishing last. There will always be something complain about, embrace something new

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
"I agreed with the Oilers but I'm going to enjoy the high class accommodations for now"

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

Complications:
Chronic back pain.
Progressive and permanent deformity.
Neurological deficit.
Cardiorespiratory problems.

For mild disease, avoidance of strenuous activity and weight-bearing may be all that is needed. Observation and X-ray follow-up are carried out.
Physiotherapy may reduce pain, especially if the disease affects a short segment, but does not affect the progression of kyphosis.

Hmm.

I just.. yeah. :(

+ “I practise without [my contact lenses]. I think it’s 20/30, 20/35. I’m nearsighted.” When asked why he practised without corrective lenses, Lucic grinned.

“I’m lazy,” he said. “That’s why. I’m lazy when it comes to that.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad