ATD: Rules - Discussion - Trades Thread

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Pretty crazy there's two(in my opinion) fringe top 50 players still on the board and neither of them have been taken yet.

Really interested how far they're gonna fall.

Ben Grimm

No sugar tonight in my coffee! 🏒
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Pretty crazy there's two (in my opinion) fringe top 50 players still on the board and neither of them have been taken yet. Really interested how far they're gonna fall.
Me too but I can't even mention the position because it might affect the integrity of the draft.

Ben Grimm

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
With Randle and Sapp the Commish may have the trash talking title wrapped up.

Holden Caulfield

He's guilty
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I knew the risk in sending my list to @Tony Romo but I had Sapp as the #2 if someone had taken Revis before I could get him. But I was really hoping I could snag Sapp with my next pick. Sapp and Strahan on the same DL would have been hilarious.

Michael Strahan Responds to Warren Sapp's Comments on Hall of Fame Candidacy

Also glad someone finally took Cris Carter. It was starting to look like I was gonna have to take him based on the value. I don't have anything against him but his son Duron was an insufferable ass. He actually during a game once took the time out to get into with my group at a CFL game (during the game!). He finally got bounced out of the CFL as every team just flat out refused to sign him, even after he was a good established WR. He had to convert to DB to play for one crazy coach but only lasted a year before he burned his very last bridge. Think he ended in Fan Controlled Football league or something, but screw that guy, and therefore I didn't want his dad. No one said I had to be completely rational in this draft ;)

Last edited:

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Damn. I had been considering Faulk for a while but didn't think he would go quite yet. Thought I would I get at least one more chance to take him.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Pretty crazy there's two(in my opinion) fringe top 50 players still on the board and neither of them have been taken yet.

Really interested how far they're gonna fall.
Have these guys been taken yet? I'm guessing Shell was one of them unless both guys went before you picked. Dickerson was the first name to pop in my head when I read this the other day.

Reactions: Holden Caulfield

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
I'm putting out a fire at work, will update the draft thread on my lunch (also solid picks everyone except @GKJ )

Reactions: GKJ

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Have these guys been taken yet? I'm guessing Shell was one of them unless both guys went before you picked. Dickerson was the first name to pop in my head when I read this the o
Dickerson was one. The other is still up there.
Shell isn't top 50, but he slipped further than he should have in my opinion.

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dickerson was one. The other is still up there.
Shell isn't top 50, but he slipped further than he should have in my opinion.
I would've had no qualms about taking Dickerson as my RB1 a couple rounds ago, I had been thinking about it as the RB's kept falling. Faulk just fits in better with what I was going to go for with an RB2

Ben Grimm

Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Dickerson was one. The other is still up there. ...
I don't think it's who you're thinking of. ;)

... Faulk just fits in better with what I was going to go for with an RB2
767 catches is top 40 all-time. There's a little offense below. ;)

QB - 9 Drew Brees
RB - 22 Emmitt Smith
RB - 28 Marshall Faulk
WR - 80 Jerry Rice
LT - 71 Walter Jones

RUSH - 40 Von Miller
MIKE - 58 Jack Lambert
CB - 47 Mel Blount

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
It's crazy to say but I think Faulk in this era would've been better than he was in his era. Especially with the use of the pass catching RB now.

He was gonna be my rb1 target, with that mind. He was really good in his era, but could've been even better in future eras with how his skill set was and how the game has evolved.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad