Prospect Info: Round 3, 78th Overall - Alexei Kolosov (G) - Minsk (KHL) -- 6'1", 187 pounds

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Discuss

Oct28KolosovErie-1024x600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Seems to be decent value.

EP: "Smooth and fluid on his skates, Kolosov has the speed to get from one side of the blue paint to the other before the puck has even left his opponents’ sticks."

6'1 188, a Hart type, undersized, depends on athleticism.

You need to maintain a goalie pipeline, in 2-3 years Flyers will have to promote or move on from their current crew of goalie prospects.

Reactions: Pantokrator

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Did we really need to take another goalie this early? Honest question

Yes. Sandstrom, Ustimenko and Ersson are on the clock, Ross seems whiff, Fedotov comes over next year after his KHL deal expires.
So you might bridge them on the first RFA deal, but in 3 years or so they'll all be either cut, Hart's backup/replacement or traded for draft picks.

Which means now is when you build the next group up.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Bit of a weird one in my eyes.

He is a solid goalie. But I think higher upside ones out there still... including a couple of Russians.

BUT I do think his floor is high for a goalie. He will probably be able to be Alex Lyon at worst.

Seems a bit of a reach for the 3rd round. He’s a guy that maybe I take late in the draft but there’s not enough upside to take him here.

Take a shot on someone with a higher ceiling here.

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
The Black Book had him at 60. They really liked him. A lot.
A small snippit
"Kolosov is an unorthodox, hyper competitive goaltender, whose athletic traits allow him to compensate for his smaller
frame. Anytime we see a goalie who’s measured at 6’1 and under, the first area we immediately hone in on are their
reflexes. The smaller the goalie, the higher the reflexes have to be in order to compensate for the lack of size, and that’s
where Kolosov passes with flying colours. His reflexes are exceptional, as is his battle level, and fluidity between different
save types."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad