Series Talk: Round 2 Discussion - Panthers vs Bruins - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I was just checking stats and noticed that hits are off the charts for Panthers. Are they really that physical or the people that track the hits are being too liberal?
They are normally a physical/heavy forechecking team.
But, these hit totals are a bit hard to believe. Every little bump must be considered a “hit” now.

Seems like they set a new record for hits in every other game

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I was just checking stats and noticed that hits are off the charts for Panthers. Are they really that physical or the people that track the hits are being too liberal?
When the Panthers are not hitting, then they arent playing right.

The forecheck is what we live off of and that involves making the other team hear footsteps

Last edited:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006

Yes. Panthers hit a lot. NHL changed way they track hits I think.

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
Loving all the whining from Boston fans. We're also getting bonus whining from Toronto fans (but what about Knies, whaaaaaaaa!) Just fantastic all around :laugh:

The league says there's nothing there. Shouldn't have tried being a tough guy on a player that won't tolerate your **** while he was just doing a simple dump in. Now your captain is out 2 games because Bennett turned and got his right hand up to avoid anything happening to his just injured left hand. Your crying only makes it better. :laugh:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Loving all the whining from Boston fans. We're also getting bonus whining from Toronto fans (but what about Knies, whaaaaaaaa!) Just fantastic all around :laugh:

The league says there's nothing there. Shouldn't have tried being a tough guy on a player that won't tolerate your **** while he was just doing a simple dump in. Now your captain is out 2 games because Bennett turned and got his right hand up to avoid anything happening to his just injured left hand. Your crying only makes it better. :laugh:
Happened to us in the finals last year. Barbashev reverse hit us too.. isn't marchand the one in game 2 that torpedo dove /"lost edge" into rhino. Looked dangerous too

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
So this morning, taking my coffee and reading the sports news…

All the titles and articles are about the Bruins taking their revenge after Bennett took a shot at Marchand…

BENNETT TOOK A SHOT !!???

For f***’s sake… WHAAAAAAAAAAT ?

LOL

What a way to change the narratives… Love this TikTok-age, what a bunch of crybabies !

So now a player taking a late run at another AND getting the worst it, will be considered having been shot.

Oh that salt !!

I think Sam Bennett is like me, he likes his early mornings too, so… Cheers to Knies for the first one of the day !

IMG_0237.jpeg

Thewselius

Jul 24, 2003
To me it seems Bennett was just being extra careful with his hurt hand and made sure it was no where near the collision so he spins his whole body around making sure his hand is away from impact.

Reactions: Vilam

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Was too late to reply to the gameday thread but. Lmao at Barkov being a "gutless coward." They do realize if Barkov really wanted to fight Marchand, he would beat the absolute f*** out of him.
Barkov isn't going to fight. Go challenge someone else.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe Barky shouldn’t take too many faceoffs, Brus Bro will fall on his leg, they’ve prolly seen the Hirshier video crosschecking Barky’s knee.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
If someone ever manages to get Barky mad enough, I think he would go apeshit on them. But, he just is so unflappable.

It was funny when they asked Verhaege about Marchand and Coyle wanting to fight Barkov... and Swaggy said Barkov would probably just be confused why someone wants to fight him :laugh:

I do agree though, I think he would be good at it like he is with everything else he does on the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad