Prospect Info: Round 1, 7th overall: Matvei Michkov, RW, SKA St. Petersburg (KHL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
I’m not gonna lie, this is actually exciting !!

But man by game 10 when he’s playing 6 mins and night or scratched , I can’t wait to see who the authentics side with , Torts or MM
After last season’s dust up with Couturier, I think that messing with MM would be one bridge too far for Tortorella.
Torts has guys that don’t want to come here to play for him. Significant guys on the roster that he’s feuded with. If he clashes with a franchise player that the club has gone far out of their way to acquire, Torts would have to be cooked here.
It’s a new era. Hard nose coaches like Sutter, Babcock and him aren’t needed anymore. The young guys don’t respond well to their antics as we’ve seen in Calgary and Columbus.

Reactions: BernieParent

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Michkov has to have dealt with worse than Torts in Russia. How did he handle Panarin in Columbus? Genuine question.

It's boring, but the answer is fine. He didn't prioritize things like maximizing his PP time that you could do with a true star like that. But he certainly didn't kill him either. They force fed him O Zone starts and things like that.

I don't expect problems.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
This almost guarantees we sign a veteran Russian to help him adjust… unless Zamula is filling that role?
Bryzgalov

Michkov has to have dealt with worse than Torts in Russia. How did he handle Panarin in Columbus? Genuine question.
Panarin was one of Torts favorite players during him time in Columbus, he was the main PP catalyst. Still, Panarin ceiling under Torts was 88 pts versus 120 in New York

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
It's boring, but the answer is fine. He didn't prioritize things like maximizing his PP time that you could do with a true star like that. But he certainly didn't kill him either. They force fed him O Zone starts and things like that.

I don't expect problems.
I just cant see Danny telling Torts Michkov needs to be on the team going well. Matvei is gonna have bigger than the team energy...I cant see Torts buying into that.

And make no mistake, early "tough love" treatment and snide comments from Torts will attach a stigma to the kid that will turn the authentics on him in a second.

Reactions: GapToothedWonder
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad